The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Big Thanks

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
MJ, I wasn't sure where this belonged so if you want to move it out of the INSIDERS arena, feel free...

Anyway, I just wanted to thank MJ for writing a mind-blowing, life altering book. It is as if I've finally been given license to think outside of the "Go to School, Be a Doctor in order to Matter" mindset that just about everyone I know has always preached. It's made me re-assess whether my kids need to go to college (probably, but for general education and not for a J.O.B.), whether I can put my teenager to work running a side e-commerce biz to see if something finally clicks with him, etc. Hell, it's given me the realization that, while there are no guarantees in life, I have the opportunity to be FREE of The Man.

Just as importantly, however, I want to thank all of YOU for adding massive, incredible amounts of value to the forums. I have been doing the online thing for a LONG time (since the late 90s) and am probably a bit older than a lot of you. And in that time I have only run across one other forum that has provided this deep a well of value.

Thank you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Also, F*ckin A! Is Dave Ramsey a fear monger or what? I get the whole "Live within your means, don't do stupid debt, etc." But he would have it that you never took loans or made a big leap for your business. It's all about the "Debt, Fear, Debt, Fear" mantra over and over.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Also, F*ckin A! Is Dave Ramsey a fear monger or what? I get the whole "Live within your means, don't do stupid debt, etc." But he would have it that you never took loans or made a big leap for your business. It's all about the "Debt, Fear, Debt, Fear" mantra over and over.
Who is Dave Ramsey?

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Who is Dave Ramsey?
Guy promoting the Slow Lane Life who has made millions selling financial advice (mostly good) dosed with liberal amounts of fear (of debt, etc). For example, the DR Way to Wealth involves saving, paying off debt, 401Ks and mutual fund investing. Guy has made a Fast Lane living telling others to live in the Slow Lane.

That being said, a lot of what he talks about is sound. I'd just never realized how much of it was based on fear before reading TMF .

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You're quite welcome. ;) Thread moved to the outside.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
Well he has a big market (Top Scalability) by providing slow lane advice. Middle Class (aka Slowlane) is nearly 70% of the population, majority. That's mass scalability for his fast lane venture.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.