The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

22 Year Old Fired Up To Become An Entrepreneur!!!

shakamaverick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 29, 2017
New York, NY
Hey everyone,

Call me Jordan. I’m 22 years old.

I’ve been a lurker on this forum for far too long.

The Gold and Notable threads contain so much valuable content (copywriting stories, things I would tell my 20 year old self, etc), it’s refreshing to see how other people embark on this journey and smash their goals on the way to the top.

I’m fired up to grind in the Fastlane.

To start off, I’m originally from Temecula, California…about an hour north of San Diego. After I graduated High School I didn’t know what to do next.

I jumped on my opportunity to live in NYC and attend NYU through scholarships and my mother’s assistance (I lost my dad to lung cancer when I was 14, taught me a lot about overcoming adversity and motivated me to give 125% to everything I apply myself to).

These past 4 years, I took advantage of the Business and Journalism classes here (to refine my writing and learn business/marketing concepts), and the study abroad program (to expand my worldview, travel etc. Aside from these two things I’ve held some jobs and internships in the city as well as participated all 4 years on the Cross Country/Track and Field team here.

Some people might call out my decision to attend college as a slowlane mindset, but I’m thankful for the experiences college gave me.

Last year I started up my own blog to teach myself fundamentals of copywriting and online marketing. This is where my username comes from: shakamaverick.com

I’m in my last semester of college. The Millionaire Fastlane book transformed my mindset. I don’t have to follow what society wants me to do, but I can craft my own life plan to build businesses, travel, and spend time with the people I love.

I’m addicted to the content that’s on this forum. I feel like I can truly see through the lies society tells average people. In fact, just this past morning while I was running with a teammate he brought up the question:

“Jordan, do you ever look at the apartments in NYC and think to yourself ‘wow I won’t ever be able to live there?”

This struck a chord in me. There’s no limit to what life can deliver for you if you put in the work and focus all of your energy into the things that matter.

My goal, and I’m sure as it is with the rest of you:

Find freedom. Sever the bond between a regular 9-5 job and income. Don’t buy into the script that everyone has to get a regular job…the slowlane mindset.

I’m excited for life after college. I’ll admit my path isn’t quite clear for what I want to do after I graduate. I just know I want to get to work ASAP in the Fastlane. My priority right now is to learn as much as I can about copywriting. From there I’ll gain further experience to build my network and master my craft. On the side I’ll invest time and energy into my blog and hopefully build up several more businesses as I learn more in the future.

I’m barely into my 20s; I know I don’t have a wealth of experience and knowledge yet. That’s why I’m here to find and connect with like-minded people. This’ll be a long road, but I want to look back on this post 10 years from now and think to myself...

“…look how far you’ve come.”

I’m excited just envisioning this moment that’ll come one day.

I appreciate it if you’ve read through this entire post, and it’s a pleasure to meet you all.

J

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...