The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 Year Old College Boy

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Afternoon y'all,

Newbie here. A bit of info about myself, I'm a 20 year old Uni student that's about a year from graduating with an English degree. I've done some copywriting projects and built a Wordpress website or two, but never had the follow through in order to ruthlessly pursue them and scale them up. Even though I'm a college student, I prefer self-education over the classes (possibly because of my major) and over the past year or so, I've adjusted my reading list from fiction to marketing, psychology, and history. I now have a number of books that are dogeared and marked up, books went from being fun entertainment to tools that I extract everything I can from.

About halfway through high school, I discovered that I desperately wanted to be self-employed. My dad worked his a$$ off for good pay, but his life was defined by the hours he had to work. Working offshore for two weeks and then a week off, which he would then used to fix any problems around the house, play with the kids, and try to relax before he went back offshore. I knew I didn't want that, I didn't want to have schedule a vacation or a visit weeks in advance to match a two week vacation a year 'benefit'. So I looked into internet marketing, copywriting, and general freelance work (I blew probably just under a grand of what I made on various 'BUY OUR ONLINE MONEY-MAKING SCHEME, IT'S THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS).

I discovered the site completely by accident, but I looked through a few of the Gold posts and fell in love. All of the posts backed up the Fastlane book (and the 900+ reviews), so I purchased it. I never purchase ebooks since I prefer to write in my books (and the vanity of a bookshelf), but after I saw the first 3 chapters I bought the ebook as well. I'm now about halfway through since yesterday, so I'll imagine I'll finish before the print copy makes it.

I'm loving the no bullshit attitude of the forum. "Get off your a$$, do your work." Especially because I respond pretty well to a kick on the butt instead of an overly sappy positive affirmation.

We'll stop here, since I'm droning on so much. There's more to me. My interests, friendships, that blackout story where I ended up without pants on my bathroom floor, a relationship, blah, blah, but another time. For now, I'm super pumped to be here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Welcome aboard! Glad you found us!

Make sure you read (and more importantly understand) the Millionaire Fast Lane. Almost everything discussed here is based on the book and it will help you understand what is being talked about.

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you around!

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Thanks W4RHRSE!

I'm tearing through it now. I'm juggling it and an assignment I have to finish, but I believe I'll have it read by the end of the night.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Thanks Supa!

Just wrapped up the book. Took a bit longer than I was hoping, but still got it done before the hard copy made it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...