The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19yr Old Business Student

Kane23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Aug 21, 2017
Bloomington, IN
Hey guys! I just recently read both The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted and decided I should join the community. I am currently enrolled in college pursuing an Accounting/Finance degree. For a long time I thought I wanted to work at a Big 4 accounting firm and work my way up the ranks. I was raised on slowlane and scripted ideologies my whole life. After reading MJ's books I've got a whole new perspective and I'd like to see if I can become a producer and not just a cog in the wheel. I'm here to learn and grow with the community.

For any of you far more experienced than me, if you had the chance to give advice to your 19 year old self what would it be?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted49964

Hello Kane, glad to see another college student becoming a Fastlaner.

@MJ DeMarco told a beautiful response to a similar question: "what would you do at 16?".

Here's his answer:

"Look at life as a game where your objective is to win your freedom.

You begin the game enslaved, ordained to servitude sanctified by culture, tradition, and social mores.

Your objective in the game is to escape enslavement by sorting out the rules and propaganda that govern the game, which to ignore, which to leverage, and which to defy. In this game you collect experience points (failures, successes), gold (money), tools, assets, and tweak your character skills (learning new things).

Begin knowing that your knowledge of this game is half the battle -- those trapped in the game have no idea they're being gamed."

If you're serious about being a producer, the most important and self-sufficient advice you can get is the knowledge written in the Fastlane books.

Best wishes for you in your journey :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd like to see if I can become a producer and not just a cog in the wheel.

Don't "see if you can do it" -- that implies a half-hearted attempt where quitting happens at the first failure. That's not how it works.

You either are, or you aren't. Identify as such.

*UNSCRIPTED* - Identity Hacking: How to Kill Your Status Quo

if you had the chance to give advice to your 19 year old self what would it be?

Identify as an entrepreneur, not someone who "wants to be" one.

Welcome and thanks for the intro.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...