The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17 y/o Dutch entrepreneur

Marketing, social media, advertising

JeroenvGessel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 9, 2019
Hello everyone,

My name is Jeroen (dutch name) and I am 17 years old.

I am about one year into building my e-commerce business where I can sell worldwide. I am competing with multi 9-figure revenue companies and struggle to really differentiate. It is in the art/interior industry. Of course, I try to bring more relative value to my customer, trust me I have read the books. I offer faster shipping, we make the designs ourselves whilst our competitors sell designs from artists which leads to them all selling the same designs and our best differentiating factor is that we offer free advice on which product to get for your interior style.

Our competitors are well known in the industry and rely on this quite a lot. I noticed none of my competitors has a blog on the website, therefore I have started blogging a lot about interior and reach my target audience that way. Although this is working, I feel that really differentiating is hard when you have a way lower budget to reach the same audience as your competitors.

I am interested in hearing from other entrepreneurs how they compete with these big competitors preferably in the DTC business. What marketing channels did you target? the ones where your competitors are great or the ones where they don't pay a lot of attention. For me, this is blogging and good SEO. I am trying heavily to beat them in this, first in my home country and then of course expanding to other countries. What would be your advice to beat or compete with large businesses in your industry?

Thanks in advance

Jeroen

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

knz

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Apr 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

My name is Jeroen (dutch name) and I am 17 years old.

I am about one year into building my e-commerce business where I can sell worldwide. I am competing with multi 9-figure revenue companies and struggle to really differentiate. It is in the art/interior industry. Of course, I try to bring more relative value to my customer, trust me I have read the books. I offer faster shipping, we make the designs ourselves whilst our competitors sell designs from artists which leads to them all selling the same designs and our best differentiating factor is that we offer free advice on which product to get for your interior style.

Our competitors are well known in the industry and rely on this quite a lot. I noticed none of my competitors has a blog on the website, therefore I have started blogging a lot about interior and reach my target audience that way. Although this is working, I feel that really differentiating is hard when you have a way lower budget to reach the same audience as your competitors.

I am interested in hearing from other entrepreneurs how they compete with these big competitors preferably in the DTC business. What marketing channels did you target? the ones where your competitors are great or the ones where they don't pay a lot of attention. For me, this is blogging and good SEO. I am trying heavily to beat them in this, first in my home country and then of course expanding to other countries. What would be your advice to beat or compete with large businesses in your industry?

Thanks in advance

Jeroen
I'm afraid I can't help you as I don't have the expertise, but welcome to the forum from a fellow Dutch entrepreneur :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.