• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO 15 year business owner

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by MacTech602, May 16, 2018.

1. MacTech602

MacTech602 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Hi everyone,

My name is Greg and I live in Phoenix, AZ. My whole life I new I was an entrepreneur and some day would have my own business. After years of working for someone else that finally came to fruition. I run an IT consulting firm that specializes in Apple technology in business. Business is good but now I need to Fastlane it (getting up there in age). I hope to contribute to the forum in any way that I can and learn along the way. Have read both of MJ’s books multiple times.

IlyaP, Get Right and jon.a like this.
  2. Get Right

Get Right Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $28,515
    Welcome to the forum! This will be an interesting journey for you. It takes some effort to get your TIME out of the service business equation.

Good luck and dig deep in the search bar!

3. Brjohn

Brjohn New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $171
    So I'm no expert in this area, but a family member is an IT consultant. I was talking to him about this idea of "Fastlane-ing" his business a few days ago. Not sure if this is applicable or useful to you, but his plan is to begin charging flat rates regardless of hours worked (of course) and just ensure that the client's computers are always up according to X standards based on a contract.

He worries about figuring out how to write a contract in a way that he doesn't get screwed like if a major issue occurs he'll be forced to work tons of hours. It seems to be a trade-off, if you do it that way you have consistency and it'll be really easy to tell if you can afford to hire somebody, calculate what you can afford based on flat dollar amounts per month. The negative is that you could potentially be forced to work at a loss (paying more for the employee than what you are currently getting), but it's bound to go both ways.

Anyways, hope I'm not just spouting obvious information to you.

4. MacTech602

MacTech602 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Thanks for the info @Brjohn. It’s funny that you mention that because we have been working that way for years. It’s a great model if done correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk