The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

15 year business owner

MacTech602

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 31, 2015
Hi everyone,

My name is Greg and I live in Phoenix, AZ. My whole life I new I was an entrepreneur and some day would have my own business. After years of working for someone else that finally came to fruition. I run an IT consulting firm that specializes in Apple technology in business. Business is good but now I need to Fastlane it (getting up there in age). I hope to contribute to the forum in any way that I can and learn along the way. Have read both of MJ’s books multiple times.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Welcome to the forum! This will be an interesting journey for you. It takes some effort to get your TIME out of the service business equation.

Good luck and dig deep in the search bar!

Brjohn

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 9, 2017
Illinois
So I'm no expert in this area, but a family member is an IT consultant. I was talking to him about this idea of "Fastlane-ing" his business a few days ago. Not sure if this is applicable or useful to you, but his plan is to begin charging flat rates regardless of hours worked (of course) and just ensure that the client's computers are always up according to X standards based on a contract.

He worries about figuring out how to write a contract in a way that he doesn't get screwed like if a major issue occurs he'll be forced to work tons of hours. It seems to be a trade-off, if you do it that way you have consistency and it'll be really easy to tell if you can afford to hire somebody, calculate what you can afford based on flat dollar amounts per month. The negative is that you could potentially be forced to work at a loss (paying more for the employee than what you are currently getting), but it's bound to go both ways.

Anyways, hope I'm not just spouting obvious information to you.

MacTech602

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 31, 2015
Thanks for the info @Brjohn. It’s funny that you mention that because we have been working that way for years. It’s a great model if done correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...