The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 Overlooked Truths About Taking Action. If you read nothing else this year read this...

Anything related to matters of the mind

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I meant to post this article as a new thread some time ago as the link was buried in a thread I started some time ago but it deserves a wider audience.

If you can take some time to read and absorb this I guarantee you will find it both extremely rewarding and insightful. It may very well be one of the most important things you read all year.

10 Overlooked Truths About Taking Action:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/05/19/10-overlooked-truths-about-taking-action/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
I meant to post this article as a new thread some time ago as the link was buried in a thread I started some time ago but it deserves a wider audience.

If you can take some time to read and absorb this I guarantee you will find it both extremely rewarding and insightful. It may very well be one of the most important things you read all year.

10 Overlooked Truths About Taking Action:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/05/19/10-overlooked-truths-about-taking-action/

Very interesting/helpful article, thanks for sharing!

Really liked the idea of an "Input Deprivation Week".

"Fooled by Randomness" looks like a great book...

These bits resonate with me:

If you train yourself to be emotionally rewarded for actions taken rather than outcomes you may be able to lengthen the time you can spend in active "failure" and increase your chances of success.

A possible solution is to reward yourself for following your system rather than achieving a specific outcome. Select a system you know will lead to success and follow it.

Eating right vs. losing 20 pounds. Building a business vs. achieving financial independence. Going on dates vs. having a successful relationship. The first are systems, the second are goals.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Very good article I like how it explains the difference between goal setting and finding a system you can follow, I will pick a week to not consume information see how this works out will be the last week of this Month.No You Tube; No Books, No Fast Lane just my pencil and my pad. So, starting the Week Sunday, and will go until next Sunday. Thank you, again.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I will pick a week to not consume information see how this works out will be the last week of this Month.No You Tube; No Books, No Fast Lane just my pencil and my pad. So, starting the Week Sunday, and will go until next Sunday. Thank you, again.

I am going to try this myself soon, just have to have an appropriate week. Let us know how you got on Ronnie. I'd be very interested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.