The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Voice Controlled Recipe Reading App - Feedback wanted

Compuwiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 27, 2015
Hi all,
This is my very first post on FLF.
In November 2016 I won 2nd place at the Lean Startup Weekend idea pitch in San Francisco -- a voice-controlled recipe reading smartphone app, that lets home cooks focus on cooking, reduce prep-time, and keep their phones clean when following a recipe. "Voicipe" is the name.

We have a working pre-launch prototype for Android, and we'd love to get people's feedback!
Currently we are pulling Blue Apron and Home Chef recipes for our proof of concept, and hope to validate the idea, or pivot to another area.

Our website with videos: http://voicipe.com/
Pre-Launch Android Listing Page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voicipe.android

Questions for crowd:
1) What are your biggest frustrations cooking a recipe, and how could Voicipe help you?
2) What are some ways that would help us get early adopters?
3) What items of website and application would you change?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Compuwiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 27, 2015
Why/How did we think of Voicipe?
I was following a recipe on my phone, with my hands all dirty with chicken, and my screen locked. UGH! I hate that! So now I need to clean my hands, turn-on screen, unlock the phone, and then scroll-down and re-read the recipe to find out where I left off! "Why can't my phone just read me the recipe out loud?" -- bingo. Voicipe was born.

We decided to go with meal prep services as our first test because they offer a very high quality experience, with people paying primarily for convenience of food delivery, saving time, and nice meals -- and we think Voicipe fit in well with this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Love to give you feedback, but I don't cook so I don't use recipes. However the idea sounds promising. Good luck!

Compuwiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 27, 2015
Love to give you feedback, but I don't cook so I don't use recipes. However the idea sounds promising. Good luck!
MJ! Whoa! Thanks for the reply and encouragement man! Means a ton coming from you.
Do you have an Android? Even if you don't cook w/recipes, would mean a ton if you can give any feedback of the user experience of our pre-registration demo!
If you have an iPhone, then I'll still be asking for your feedback when we get our iOS version launched ;) -- even if you don't cook. Haha!
Thanks man.

Still seeking any and all feedback from others!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
MJ! Whoa! Thanks for the reply and encouragement man! Means a ton coming from you.
Do you have an Android? Even if you don't cook w/recipes, would mean a ton if you can give any feedback of the user experience of our pre-registration demo!
If you have an iPhone, then I'll still be asking for your feedback when we get our iOS version launched ;) -- even if you don't cook. Haha!
Thanks man.

Still seeking any and all feedback from others!
Sounds like a cool idea! I'll give it a try when you get the android one up and running. Being Scottish voice control is normally an ordeal, i'll let you know how I get on :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.