The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm UNSCRIPTED!! Or am I??

Anything related to matters of the mind

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
Here I sit, dog on my lap, thoughts in my head, a general sense of quiet surrounds me, except the sound of the air purifier blowing and blowing -- around the clock 24/7. It never stops - it keeps going. It has no "idea" that it is purifying the air, but simultaneously, day after day, more and more, it is accomplishing the larger task.

Unscripted is a lifestyle, a lifestyle in which I truly agreed I will adopt. I am fully aware that I have not found the "it" yet or that "end state". In fact I'd say I don't even know if I have started to begin the process for "it" in the world of entrepreneurship.
  • Small scale manufacturing to retail through eBay & Etsy
  • Owned niche-market apparel company - commandment of entry violation

The problem is I feel I need to KNOW how to handle every step, how to do the right moves, how to choose the right value skew, how to find that innovation.

Maybe it's a lack of SEEING a result - so I second guess and immediately remind myself of the stupid mistakes I've made and the failures that followed. No one wants to be broke from a failed design - yet it comes with the territory so I accept it.

I say I'm Unscripted , that I'm fulfilling a millionaire fastlane mindset and yet I can't say it to anyone else or even myself. Why? There's no proof - I can regurgitate important concepts but what the hell does that mean if I can't actually DO IT.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
why not amazon?

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
why not amazon?
At least specifically in regards to what I'm selling it wouldn't be cost effective to list all of the various designs that I manufacture as it is primarily an "artistic" item, various designs that are unique.
Also each design doesn't gross that much in revenue. From a leverage standpoint I need higher profiting items.

I am definitely interested in Amazon and actually have looked into FBA but again psyche myself on the "right" moves and the right product, since it would probably require a decent initial investment. Despite this, I would definitely do it.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
amazon individual account is free with $0.99 per sale afaik

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
amazon individual account is free with $0.99 per sale afaik

Thanks for the info -
Is there an item number requirement or seller rating to be able to utilize FBA?

Stupid question - is it really as "simple" as picking a unique item from Alibaba, putting the marketing touch, tailoring it nicely and then sell via Amazon?

Seems almost as if that would be relatively crowded market with people listing as many "flipped" items as possible, unless it was a new design or invention of a product to sell. I hear so many people talk of buying and selling directly from Alibaba to Amazon FBA. Indecisive on which route to go, would prefer innovation and a unique product but I'd rather get moving on something.

Will be doing more research

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Thanks for the info -
Is there an item number requirement or seller rating to be able to utilize FBA?

Stupid question - is it really as "simple" as picking a unique item from Alibaba, putting the marketing touch, tailoring it nicely and then sell via Amazon?

Seems almost as if that would be relatively crowded market with people listing as many "flipped" items as possible, unless it was a new design or invention of a product to sell. I hear so many people talk of buying and selling directly from Alibaba to Amazon FBA. Indecisive on which route to go, would prefer innovation and a unique product but I'd rather get moving on something.

not the right person to ask im getting started myself! there are some very knowledgeable ecommerce people on the forums, check around. i believe theres someone doing an ask me anything.

start with any item, familiarize yourself with the process, you dont need to focus on making big money yet. baby steps.

having your own product is king

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I'm reading a lack of confidence and a bunch of "I can'ts" and "Someday's"

You are waiting for the perfect moment when you know everything exactly and will be definitely successful. Impossible.

What was the point of your post? It reads like a diary. Do you have a specific question?

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
I'm reading a lack of confidence and a bunch of "I can'ts" and "Someday's"

You are waiting for the perfect moment when you know everything exactly and will be definitely successful. Impossible.

What was the point of your post? It reads like a diary. Do you have a specific question?

No me? I have confidence. I am confident that I will provide value to our society, no doubt. It's more of, OK erase the dry erase board, and lets start back from square one.

No specific question, more so looking to bounce ideas.

You're right that I can't wait for that perfect moment

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
The problem is I feel I need to KNOW how to handle every step, how to do the right moves, how to choose the right value skew, how to find that innovation.
Maybe it's a lack of SEEING a result - so I second guess and immediately remind myself of the stupid mistakes I've made and the failures that followed. No one wants to be broke from a failed design - yet it comes with the territory so I accept it.
I say I'm Unscripted , that I'm fulfilling a millionaire fastlane mindset and yet I can't say it to anyone else or even myself. Why? There's no proof - I can regurgitate important concepts but what the hell does that mean if I can't actually DO IT.

Sounds like the good kind of frustration to me.

When it comes to setting up a repeatable sales process whether on ebay, amazon, or anywhere else, the key thing to keep in mind is that it is only a medium, the true core of sales always remains the same.
The core of sales being eliciting enough information from who you are selling to that you are not "faking" having a connection with them or knowledge of their issues, what they want or what the best thing to buy is.

In a word, authenticity.

Keep trying hard to work out those kinks. Its the kind of effort that pays off in the long run.

I'll leave these other guys to give you hints on short term strategies, but... get to know your audience, that'll help reduce the endless revision to some extent
Reduce the variables and endless possibilities and your plan will encounter less chaos

Last edited:

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
Sounds like the good kind of frustration to me.

When it comes to setting up a repeatable sales process whether on ebay, amazon, or anywhere else, the key thing to keep in mind is that it is only a medium, the true core of sales always remains the same.
The core of sales being eliciting enough information from who you are selling to that you are not "faking" having a connection with them or knowledge of their issues, what they want or what the best thing to buy is.

In a word, authenticity.

Keep trying hard to work out those kinks. Its the kind of effort that pays off in the long run.

I'll leave these other guys to give you hints on short term strategies, but... get to know your audience, that'll help reduce the endless revision to some extent
Reduce the variables and endless possibilities and your plan will encounter less chaos

This is excellent - Thank you.

I have actually been thinking recently that I need to make contact with customers more personal and less "Thank you for your order", robotic sounding. I have always been keen on providing no questions asked assistance (refunds, replacements) and throwing in freebies without devaluing the product. Need to focus more on understanding what the customers really want - thanks for the guidance.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york

im curious, why do you want to ditch your current product that IS making sales? why are you thinking of going alibaba route in favor of your own unique product that you have a active customer base for? alibaba does not have a good reputation for many consumers, its generally seen as cheap junk.

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
im curious, why do you want to ditch your current product that IS making sales? why are you thinking of going alibaba route in favor of your own unique product that you have a active customer base for? alibaba does not have a good reputation for many consumers, its generally seen as cheap junk.

Biggest reason is because while it sells the revenue I am making on them is very low, I need more leverage for I'd have to have a large scale impact to make more revenue.
Example: For my average priced item, it would take 300,000 sales to make a million dollars profit. I need a product that provides more value so I can earn a sustainable wage or be able to sell A LOT.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
Biggest reason is because while it sells the revenue I am making on them is very low, I need more leverage for I'd have to have a large scale impact to make more revenue.
Example: For my average priced item, it would take 300,000 sales to make a million dollars profit. I need a product that provides more value so I can earn a sustainable wage or be able to sell A LOT.

there you go. provide more value with your current item and figure out how to sell A LOT. 300,000 sales really isnt THAT high of a bar, tho it does look impossible sometimes.

how can you improve the revenue? how can you impact on a larger scale?

possible things to consider
  • lower cost to produce
  • increase price
  • increase value and increase price
  • increase percieved value and increase price
  • get a influencer to help promote your product
  • get more awareness of your product out there

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
there you go. provide more value with your current item and figure out how to sell A LOT. 300,000 sales really isnt THAT high of a bar, tho it does look impossible sometimes.

how can you improve the revenue? how can you impact on a larger scale?

possible things to consider
  • lower cost to produce
  • increase price
  • increase value and increase price
  • increase percieved value and increase price
  • get a influencer to help promote your product
  • get more awareness of your product out there
Yes you are 100% correct.

Questions to be solved. Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Unscripted is a lifestyle, a lifestyle in which I truly agreed I will adopt.

If you identify as such, and live the lifestyle as such, then you are.

Eventually the two will match.

PS: By lifestyle, I mean putting in the effort and dealing with the failures, redos, and constant learning. I DO NOT mean cars, boats, and Instagram BS.

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
If you identify as such, and live the lifestyle as such, then you are.

Eventually the two will match.

PS: By lifestyle, I mean putting in the effort and dealing with the failures, redos, and constant learning. I DO NOT mean cars, boats, and Instagram BS.

Thank you!
Makes sense - I definitely get it now. Actually don't want things or notoriety - just to win.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.