The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Well Formed Outcomes (Goal Setting)

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
In this article, I will share with you a system I use that allows me to gain clarity in the goals I set, and also allows me to uncover any possible obstacles or challenges before they arise. The techniques I use here are based on my years of study of neuroscience, psychology, and understanding how our unconscious mind functions & operates.

1a. Clearly state your desired outcome - Since our mind understands when we achieved this outcome by the information that enters our senses, ask yourself "What will I see, hear, and feel when I have already achieved it?"

1b. Mental Alignment - In your mind, imagine that you already achieved it, seeing what you would see. Adjust the brightness, color, and focus of the picture to seem as real as possible. Do this until you can clearly look through your eyes and see as if you already achieved it.

Also, hear the sounds you would be hearing, as if you already achieved it right now.

1c. Emotional Alignment - A friend once sent me a scientific study that concluded "We don't like the person (we are attracted to), we like the way they make us feel.". Every goal and outcome we set provides us with a specific emotion. How would you feel if you already achieved your outcome?

When you see in your mind what you are seeing as if you already achieved this outcome, hear the sounds as if you already achieved it, it is now time to feel the emotions as if you already achieved your outcome.

See, hear, and feel, as if you already achieved it.
  • If you can 100% feel as if you already achieved it, you are successfully emotionally aligned with your desired out come.
  • If you can't 100% (and I mean 100%) feel as if you already have it - you can use the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or Timeline Therapy to release any negative emotions that get in the way.
2. Ask yourself "How is it possible that I don't have it now?" - Write down any answers that come to mind.

3. State your outcome in the positive - Since the unconscious mind can't process a negative, when we focus on the things we don't want, we train our perception to see more of those things.

"What is it, specifically, that you do want?" (instead of what you don't want)

4. Identify where you are now in relation to your outcome.

5. Uncover the first step.
  • Go into the future and see, hear, and feel as if you already achieved your outcome. Feeling as if you already have it, look back in time, ask yourself "What was the very first step I took?".
  • Come back to the present moment, and now ask yourself "If the only thing I had to do was achieve this goal, what is the very first step I need to take?"
6. "How will you know when you achieved this goal?"

7. Check for congruence and make sure it is properly contextualized.
Sometimes you set goals that impact other areas of your life. If you focus too much on your career and financial life, you might leave out your health or relationships. It is important to understand how achieving this outcome will impact your life as a whole.
  • What will achieving this outcome do for me, that I don't already have now? Am I sure I want it?
  • How will achieving this outcome impact other areas of my life? Health, fitness, relationships, finance, happiness? Am I sure I want it?
8. Identify resources - There is never a lack of resources. There are just un-resourceful states of being. By identifying the resources you'll need to achieve this goal, you'll be able to gain clarity in direction as you begin to work towards it.
  • "What personal resources do I have that will help me achieve it (internal states of being/experiences/skills/etc.)?"
  • "Have I ever done this before? If yes, how did I do it?"
  • "Do I know anybody else who has done this before? What resources did they have? What can I learn from them?"
See, hear, and feel as if you already have it now. Looking back, what resources did I use to get it?

9. Ecology check
  1. Is this outcome good for me?
  2. Is this outcome good for others?
  3. Is this outcome good for the planet as a whole?
  4. For what purpose do you want this goal?
  5. What will I gain or lose if I have it?
10. Quantum Linguistics - I always answer these questions in the positive.
  1. What will happen if I achieve this outcome?
  2. What won’t happen if I achieve this outcome?
  3. What will happen if I don't achieve this outcome?
  4. What won’t happen if I don't achieve this outcome?
EXERCISE: Write down an ideal day in your life, of what life is like when you already achieved this outcome. Write down all the details, using sensory-based language, and be sure to be very specific, writing it as if you already have it (present tense).

When I do this, I begin to notice that my perception automatically and effortlessly spots opportunities in ym life that will help me achieve this outcome sooner.

What's the first step you can take now to get you there?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Great post Andrew! I have been doing this goal setting recently, incorporating some positive affirmation and mental movie. Not quite on this level though, thanks a lot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.