The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur Wars: an article I just released

HeartyBowl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
ndQgRAT.jpg

Basically it's a little series I've created called "Entrepreneur Wars" and I just posted it on my blog site.

The four entrepreneurs I talk about are: "The Visionary", "The Guru", "The Me", and "The My"

I'll put the link below. Let me know what you think or if I should change awkward wording or whatever. thanks in advanced!

https://pensandredcups.com/item/48-entrepreneur-wars-intro

cheers,

-John

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
About to read it. Really like the graphic. Did you make it yourself? If so, how?

HeartyBowl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
About to read it. Really like the graphic. Did you make it yourself? If so, how?
really? I personally don't like it lmao. I just payed the only graphic designer I know $15 to make it. So I took what I could get. I could refer you to him if you want me to.

but any thoughts on the article itself?

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Cool article. I like these. I got pushed into branding myself and my knowledge, even though I wanted to be a visionary.

Are there any resources like books you used for the article?

HeartyBowl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
Cool article. I like these. I got pushed into branding myself and my knowledge, even though I wanted to be a visionary.

Are there any resources like books you used for the article?

I would say we all have traits of all four of the types. There's probably more than four as well. I just did it to create strategic, creative content that is both informational and lighthearted.

No I did not use any resources for the article. It all just comes from me sitting at my desk for hours thinking of all types of strategies to create articles/tutorials.

thank you for the feedback!

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Website is amazing. Didn't care much for the content it's self though. Felt a bit short

HeartyBowl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
Website is amazing. Didn't care much for the content it's self though. Felt a bit short

thanks for your input brotha. I purposely try to make the info short and make micro tutorials because people's attention spans are getting smaller.

but i find it interesting that you say the website itself is amazing... because believe it or not, you're the only person that has said that lmao.

most people say my website looks like crap, but that my content is "ok". o_O make me wonder haha

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
thanks for your input brotha. I purposely try to make the info short and make micro tutorials because people's attention spans are getting smaller.

but i find it interesting that you say the website itself is amazing... because believe it or not, you're the only person that has said that lmao.

most people say my website looks like crap, but that my content is "ok". o_O make me wonder haha

whats up misc brah? ayyy lmao

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida

HeartyBowl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
Feel the difference?
Don't ever use unreadable fonts.

And the easiest first step to doing that is to only use Sans-serif on digital screens - we strain our eyes naturally on screens and in reading we do it again for fancy marks on each letter (serif). Sans-serif fonts are 'sans'(without) the serifs (deined as 'a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces.').

HeartyBowl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
2-MfcTs6524.jpg

Feel the difference?
Don't ever use unreadable fonts.

oh WOW.... I do see the difference. How were you able to make the font look this crisp?

what's the name of the font-family? or the name of the font?

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
oh WOW.... I do see the difference. How were you able to make the font look this crisp?

Eyeballing it - it looks like simple Arial which you almost can never go wrong with. He just changed the font by using dev console in browser most likely (f-12) or a plugin that does it automatically.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia

It's actually "smooth", but I understand what you mean.

This is just a basic Arial font, I turned your custom font off.
If you want to keep a sans-serif font, you can use Open Sans, it's quite good.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
And the easiest first step to doing that is to only use Sans-serif on digital screens - we strain our eyes naturally on screens and in reading we do it again for fancy marks on each letter (serif). Sans-serif fonts are 'sans'(without) the serifs (deined as 'a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces.').
Actually, serif fonts, especially balanced ones, are way more readable than sans-serif fonts.
I can elaborate on that, but I think I'll just post an article in future where I'll explain this in depth, didn't plan to have a discussion on this subject right now:)

HeartyBowl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
Actually, serif fonts, especially balanced ones, are way more readable than sans-serif fonts.
I can elaborate on that, but I think I'll just post an article in future where I'll explain this in depth, didn't plan to have a discussion on this subject right now:)

The font families that my template allows me to work with are show below.

hTzMiZH.png

which would you recommend out of the options listed? sorry, i don't know much about fonts! haha :/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.