The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello there, I just found this forum.

xenythtts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 13, 2024
Hello there,

I'm just starting an adventure in e-commerce (over the past couple months) and stumbled upon this forum. It seems there's a lot of like-minded folks here, so I wanted to join in and introduce myself. My name is Will, and I hope some of the collective experience in this forum rubs off onto me.

A little info on where I'm currently at in my process:

I'm learning. I've traveled the usual beginner's route (I think): scoured the internet and traversed the minefield of nonsense that it is. I've also taken a few courses on marketing just to get my head pointing in the right direction. At the moment, I've started an LLC (probably not necessary), created a Shopify website(web copy, logo/branding, policies etc), set up analytics, various accounts (bank, email, payment processors, google/TikTok ads, suppliers etc) so on and so forth. Basically, the foundational aspects and processes that I can expand on as I go. Learning all the ins and outs of just this alone has been a process for sure, but I'm enjoying it. I plan to use this initial motion to get a grasp on what all is involved. I have a basic brand in the works, a general grasp on what I want to sell, and my next step will be product selection. Then I'll dive into the realm of short-form marketing, namely TikTok, because, why not. Honestly, I've already changed course a few times and I haven't even started selling yet so who knows where I'll land.

That being said, I welcome any and all advice! The more I learn the more I find that I need to learn. At the moment I'm sifting through products from suppliers that offer drop shipping. They all seem to fall into one or more of four categories: oversaturated, absolute shit, takes too long to ship, or overpriced. I'm leaning towards the oversaturated and banking on impulse buys but any suggestions there would be greatly appreciated. I plan to move away from drop shipping when I'm able, but this seems to be a solid option as I get a handle on things.

I tend to ramble a bit but, in conclusion, hello! Glad to be here and I look forward to meeting some of you folks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard.

drop shipping. They all seem to fall into one or more of four categories: oversaturated, absolute shit, takes too long to ship, or overpriced.

That's because dropshipping is a waste of time and effort. The only people making money in dropshipping are the gurus selling you on the idea of dropshipping. Losing money trying to dropship cheap imported Chinese goods is not the best entrepreneurial experience out there. Hell, washing windows in your neighborhood would be a better experience.

xenythtts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 13, 2024
Welcome aboard.

That's because dropshipping is a waste of time and effort. The only people making money in dropshipping are the gurus selling you on the idea of dropshipping. Losing money trying to dropship cheap imported Chinese goods is not the best entrepreneurial experience out there. Hell, washing windows in your neighborhood would be a better experience.
Hey MJ, thanks for the reply! Just for clarity, I understand that dropshipping, especially as it's generally marketed, is by no means a sustainable venture on its own. My current motion is part of an overall effort to learn the entire process from start to finish, and dropshipping allows me to gain some hands-on experience in a more cost-effective manner.

LuciusDuke

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 15, 2024
Welcome aboard.

Hey hey, I made 175k cleaning windows last year! LoL

However I'm currently starting a SaaS business for other window cleaners to automate certain parts of their business, saving time and increasing profits.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.