The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

what should an 18 yr old know

carlosayalaa9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 9, 2024
Hello to everyone and anyone reading this,

I'm a young adult who just read the Millionaire Fastlane which was packed with amazing amounts of knowledge.
So much knowledge that now I don't even know where to begin haha.
I'll admit I'm lacking on the execution aspect of reaching my goals, as I tend to get busy with college and my fitness (very much in good shape for my age).
I really need to reach everything I desire, tangible or intangible, as I need to make my one life on this earth count. Work needs to start getting done.
If you have wisdom or lessons and are kind enough to share them with me, it would mean the world to me.

Wishing everyone the most success that comes across them!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
To my former 18-year-old self:
  • The time you have right now is pure gold. You will gradually be robbed of this treasure, so guard it with your life.
  • Business: START NOW. Adjust later.
  • Do not stop until you get what you want.
  • Don't ask your friends and family for advice. Use your own brain to think.
  • Mistakes are the natural consequence of taking action. The worst mistake is not taking action.
  • Max out education and become hyper-competent.
  • Max out health and fitness. Learn how to fight.
  • Be kind to others and be grateful for your opportunities. It's a miracle to be alive in this day and age.

Welcome to the forum!

Rarehelge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 19, 2023
Norway

I'm a young adult who just read the Millionaire Fastlane which was packed with amazing amounts of knowledge.
I'll admit I'm lacking on the execution aspect of reaching my goals, as I tend to get busy with college and my fitness (very much in good shape for my age).
I really need to reach everything I desire, tangible or intangible, as I need to make my one life on this earth count. Work needs to start getting done.
If you have wisdom or lessons and are kind enough to share them with me, it would mean the world to me.

Don’t continue reading books and doing self improvment all day. I’m guilty of this. It only feels like you’re getting closer to your goals, but I realized it’s not moving the needle towards business succes, don’t fall for the trap

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia

Welcome to the forum, carlosayalaa9!

You are off to a great start already! Reading The Millionaire Fastlane and joining the forum was a good decision.

In order to get the most out of the forum, try to engage in communications with others and help them whenever you can, as this will help you get better at learning to provide value, which will be useful when you will start working on your business and others will be more open to helping you if they see that you are also helping others and providing value on this forum.

For reaching your goals, try to write them down in a way that they can be measurable, then write a plan on what you have to do to reach them and lastly, make sure you make progress on the tasks according to the plan you have written every single day, try to never have days when you don't make any progress on your working towards reaching your goals.

It will only be a matter of time until you reach your goals, it will fully depend on how hard do you want it. You will reach your goals as long as you make consistent daily progress according to your plan, so make sure to include some time once in a while to check up on what you are doing aligns with your goals and the plan for them. Make sure to get yourself back on track if you see that you are starting to move in the wrong direction.

Good lucking on reaching your goals, and remember to never give up!

rizbit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 13, 2024
Id say find something you enjoy, improve your knowledge of that, focus on it, but dont put all you eggs in one basket.... cos lots of aligators out there and its not safe that way.

Focusing and knowlegde can help alot, but things dont always work out the way you want, mostly cos of ill intentions of others.

treybird

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 6, 2023
Id say find something you enjoy, improve your knowledge of that, focus on it, but dont put all you eggs in one basket.... cos lots of aligators out there and its not safe that way.

Focusing and knowlegde can help alot, but things dont always work out the way you want, mostly cos of ill intentions of others.
for the most part true but things not working out because of ill intention of others is wrong cuh, take complete responsibility, if someone is hindering ur success its your responsibility to eliminate their influence !

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
1. There is a venn diagram of a circle of people who are fit and good looking, a circle of people who are good with girls, a circle of people who organized and disciplined in their business endeavors and make good money, a circle of people who travel and enjoy amazing experiences.

Be in that rare overlap between all of them.

2. Look at who has a life you want. Do not only focus just on one aspect. Look at their life in totality.

Idiots compare to their peers in the immediate present and compare that way.

Smart people compare to great winners who are living the life they want and how that life will look like at 20, 30, 50, 80.

Wise men do the same, but think what that person's life will mean even after death, and they do not discount the afterlife. Keep in mind any number divided by infinity is essentially 0, if that makes any sense to you. Do not just live for the 'right now'.

So look at who's life you would want and adjust it for you. Know that it's going to be a ton of work and then make a plan to get there. But compare in totality. Do you REALLY want to be like Dan Bilzerian? Do you REALLY want to be like Alex Rodriguez?

3. The positive dreams and plans you have right now are the most pure they will ever be, not yet infected by negative beliefs and other people's bullshit. Protect them and remember that negativity that creeps in is not "growing up". When you "grow up" there's a little voice that tells you that you're really just quitting, and you know better. Don't give in to that weakness, it really is quitting. It's not "being realistic". It's not "growing up". It's not "settling down". It's being infected and cheating yourself. It's sabotage.

If you change your goals, be VERY critical and ask yourself if you are adjusting for something better, or tucking your tail between your legs?

4. Become the greatest man in the world. But it is up to you to define what that means. It is by your own yardstick you should measure. Each man is called to become great in his own way so he can stand at the mirror and know he is rock solid to the core, that he became the fullest extent of everything he was meant to be. And in totality. You do not need to be a world champion, and at the expense of all other things. But if you want to be an amazing father, a talented athlete, a wise man, a titan of industry, have exquisite taste, yet still have the ability to get along with all kinds of people, by becoming those things completely, you have become the greatest man in your own vein, your own niche of values.

5. After you have a direction, list out some objective goals that will make this year be badass for you. If these things could happen and you still have a bad year, add more things. Make it so that by these things happening, you have grown financially, physically, socially, etc. I have money goals, fitness goals, social goals, adventure goals, etc.

Put em on a poster and hang it up. Put it on your phone, your computer, I even put it into a notion page and track everything.

Wake up, give thanks for being alive against all odds, smile to the sunshine, look at your list of goals, make a list of things to do and go kick some a$$.

Literally unstoppable recipe my guy.

chazwazzer

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Jun 22, 2022

Are you using the goal sumo app yet?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Welcome.

One wise advice I could make to young people is do not just make friends with peers of the same age groups.

Make friends with people as old as your parents or even older.

This will be your biggest competitive edge if you follow this advice because 99 percent of the young people refuse to do it.

chazwazzer

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Jun 22, 2022

2 bits of wisdom plus a bonus

1. develop the skill to separate signal from noise. The result is clarity. The more money you make the more challenging it will be to maintain that clarity. It’s relatively easy to make 5 figures. The jump from 5 to 6 requires more clarity from my experience. I’m currently working on 7 figures and the person I learned this from is a 9 figure earner. The more figures you want in your wealth number the more clarity is required on what your end in mind is and the optimal path to the end in mind. Clarity also helps you course correct in the most effective way when you inevitably run some kind of experiment and the outcome does not support your original hypotheses.

2. Probably even more important is to only take advice from people you want to trade places with. For example if you need relationship advice probably don’t get it from the guy that’s been divorced 5 times. If you are trying to build a SaaS and the people giving you advice made their wealth from physical products just guard you mind a bit. That’s how I think about it but hell I might be the person you need to guard your mind from

Bonus:

If you have a TV and video games in your house get it out of your house. I did that years ago and never regretted it.

Booze and weed has tradeoffs. What you need to ask yourself here is if using it gets you closer or farther away from your goals (clarity required). unless it helps you execute I’d just classify it like video games and TV and get it out of the house.

carlosayalaa9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 9, 2024
Welcome.

One wise advice I could make to young people is do not just make friends with peers of the same age groups.

Make friends with people as old as your parents or even older.

This will be your biggest competitive edge if you follow this advice because 99 percent of the young people refuse to do it.
im assuming it should be only SUCCESSFUL older people? because I would think it would be a negative if you hang around older people who you don't want to trade places with? for example people who are minimally living off their paychecks or don't have the lifestyle you want

carlosayalaa9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 9, 2024
2 bits of wisdom plus a bonus

1. develop the skill to separate signal from noise. The result is clarity. The more money you make the more challenging it will be to maintain that clarity. It’s relatively easy to make 5 figures. The jump from 5 to 6 requires more clarity from my experience. I’m currently working on 7 figures and the person I learned this from is a 9 figure earner. The more figures you want in your wealth number the more clarity is required on what your end in mind is and the optimal path to the end in mind. Clarity also helps you course correct in the most effective way when you inevitably run some kind of experiment and the outcome does not support your original hypotheses.

2. Probably even more important is to only take advice from people you want to trade places with. For example if you need relationship advice probably don’t get it from the guy that’s been divorced 5 times. If you are trying to build a SaaS and the people giving you advice made their wealth from physical products just guard you mind a bit. That’s how I think about it but hell I might be the person you need to guard your mind from

Bonus:

If you have a TV and video games in your house get it out of your house. I did that years ago and never regretted it.

Booze and weed has tradeoffs. What you need to ask yourself here is if using it gets you closer or farther away from your goals (clarity required). unless it helps you execute I’d just classify it like video games and TV and get it out of the house.
Thank you for your response! i have younger siblings who play games and watch tv and I don't remember the last time I played video games. I think since last summer because I have been just focusing so much on building my future and, to be honest, have been fantasizing it because I want to reach the best of the best. I should focus on taking more action I admit

carlosayalaa9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 9, 2024
1. There is a venn diagram of a circle of people who are fit and good looking, a circle of people who are good with girls, a circle of people who organized and disciplined in their business endeavors and make good money, a circle of people who travel and enjoy amazing experiences.

Be in that rare overlap between all of them.

2. Look at who has a life you want. Do not only focus just on one aspect. Look at their life in totality.

Idiots compare to their peers in the immediate present and compare that way.

Smart people compare to great winners who are living the life they want and how that life will look like at 20, 30, 50, 80.

Wise men do the same, but think what that person's life will mean even after death, and they do not discount the afterlife. Keep in mind any number divided by infinity is essentially 0, if that makes any sense to you. Do not just live for the 'right now'.

So look at who's life you would want and adjust it for you. Know that it's going to be a ton of work and then make a plan to get there. But compare in totality. Do you REALLY want to be like Dan Bilzerian? Do you REALLY want to be like Alex Rodriguez?

3. The positive dreams and plans you have right now are the most pure they will ever be, not yet infected by negative beliefs and other people's bullshit. Protect them and remember that negativity that creeps in is not "growing up". When you "grow up" there's a little voice that tells you that you're really just quitting, and you know better. Don't give in to that weakness, it really is quitting. It's not "being realistic". It's not "growing up". It's not "settling down". It's being infected and cheating yourself. It's sabotage.

If you change your goals, be VERY critical and ask yourself if you are adjusting for something better, or tucking your tail between your legs?

4. Become the greatest man in the world. But it is up to you to define what that means. It is by your own yardstick you should measure. Each man is called to become great in his own way so he can stand at the mirror and know he is rock solid to the core, that he became the fullest extent of everything he was meant to be. And in totality. You do not need to be a world champion, and at the expense of all other things. But if you want to be an amazing father, a talented athlete, a wise man, a titan of industry, have exquisite taste, yet still have the ability to get along with all kinds of people, by becoming those things completely, you have become the greatest man in your own vein, your own niche of values.

5. After you have a direction, list out some objective goals that will make this year be badass for you. If these things could happen and you still have a bad year, add more things. Make it so that by these things happening, you have grown financially, physically, socially, etc. I have money goals, fitness goals, social goals, adventure goals, etc.

Put em on a poster and hang it up. Put it on your phone, your computer, I even put it into a notion page and track everything.

Wake up, give thanks for being alive against all odds, smile to the sunshine, look at your list of goals, make a list of things to do and go kick some a$$.

Literally unstoppable recipe my guy.
this was GOLDEN! Everything you just described was amazing and the Point #3 is one that hit me the most. The infection of other people are the reason why most are not successful. They want to fit in the crowd because that's the comfort place. As uncomfortable as it will be, standing out differently from friends and family and the norm will impact me positively in the long run. Then I will remember those who were with me along the way. I'll be unique in my own way. Thank you for the time you've given to this topic sir

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
im assuming it should be only SUCCESSFUL older people? because I would think it would be a negative if you hang around older people who you don't want to trade places with? for example people who are minimally living off their paychecks or don't have the lifestyle you want
To be more specific small businesses owners/self employed people. They have more money, resources and life experience than you but they struggle to navigate in an increasingly digital world and their physical health begin to decline. There are a lot of win-win scenarios and wonderful relationships to be developed. Not seeking total mentorship but rather thinking along the concepts of “partners made in heaven”.

Its the complementary skill sets and resources that made it work.

Rogerhabit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 10, 2024
Don't be afraid to fail, Alot of people are scared to take risks and put themselves out there because of failure. for me there is know such thing as failure there is only knowledge gained and more field time to improve. I tanked about 3 different projects before i became successful. The other thing is as mentioned above there is only so much you can learn from courses. I think it was i Cant remember who maybe Richard branson, maybe not, who stopped hireing grad students and went with people with life experience at some point because the grads couldn't improvise

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...