The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Fastlane is turning into a Slowlane! Not good!

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

David Borodin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 1, 2021
Finally. Finally the time has come. I can finally start selling my product soon. From the start of I dreamed of having a business system which generated money and helped people with my products.
I have programmed a website, designed and printed 3d parts to my device (the product), made instructions to it. It looks good. I wanted a business that gave me finance while I was away (on vacation for example). But there is one problem..

I have to stay home to make these products and then ship it to the person. It just seems to me like a regular job, like a slowlane. The more hours I will put in it, the more money it gives me. That isn't really fastlane? That business system doesn't follow the Time principle Demarco mentioned in his great book. Is there any advice on how I could make my future system follow the time principle? You might say "hire a dude", but I don't really like that idea because than I always have to be on the look out. Always check on him, and see if shit goes as it should.

There has to be more solutions of fixing my time principle in my business system about selling products alone.
Any small advice helps alot to! Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fx.lukasx

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jan 2, 2021
Slovakia
I don’t know what exactly you’re selling but to me, it seems that one of the few options for you would be using Human resource system.

Basically hiring someone, to do the daily work for you.

But for that, the margins have to be thick enough.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Finally. Finally the time has come. I can finally start selling my product soon. From the start of I dreamed of having a business system which generated money and helped people with my products.
I have programmed a website, designed and printed 3d parts to my device (the product), made instructions to it. It looks good. I wanted a business that gave me finance while I was away (on vacation for example). But there is one problem..

I have to stay home to make these products and then ship it to the person. It just seems to me like a regular job, like a slowlane. The more hours I will put in it, the more money it gives me. That isn't really fastlane? That business system doesn't follow the Time principle Demarco mentioned in his great book. Is there any advice on how I could make my future system follow the time principle? You might say "hire a dude", but I don't really like that idea because than I always have to be on the look out. Always check on him, and see if shit goes as it should.

There has to be more solutions of fixing my time principle in my business system about selling products alone.
Any small advice helps alot to! Thanks.
You’re not trading your time. Your investing it.

Theres a big difference. You might have to invest and use your time now, but that’s with every business.
9 to 5 becomes 24/7

If you were not happy with your work life balance before starting a business, then Oh boy do I have to warn you to stay away from entrepreneurship!

The business becomes part of your life like nothing else. It is always there in the background. If you hope to have more free time, then think again!

It’s not going to happen, at least not during the first few years of your business being created.

After some time has passed and after you’ve put more systems in place, then maybe you'll be able to unplug, but for me, this hasn't happened yet and it won't happen for many years I believe.

There is just too much to build, too much to do. I am at its beck and call.
Thats quoted from a guy who’s doing great in entrepreneurship. So I suggest you write that down.

You can’t just create a business and have a quarter mill pop into your pocket without worrying.

If that’s what you think entrepreneurship is about, wake up and get the hell out of fairy tale land.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
You might say "hire a dude", but I don't really like that idea because than I always have to be on the look out. Always check on him, and see if shit goes as it should.
Oh and also,

You want the freedom from the business but not willing to walk through the storm.

You want to reign but your not willing to walk through the rain.

David Borodin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 1, 2021
I don’t know what exactly you’re selling but to me, it seems that one of the few options for you would be using Human resource system.

Basically hiring someone, to do the daily work for you.

But for that, the margins have to be thick enough.

You’re not trading your time. Your investing it.

Theres a big difference. You might have to invest and use your time now, but that’s with every business.

Thats quoted from a guy who’s doing great in entrepreneurship. So I suggest you write that down.

You can’t just create a business and have a quarter mill pop into your pocket without worrying.

If that’s what you think entrepreneurship is about, wake up and get the hell out of fairy tale land.

Thank you for replying to my thread both of you! Yes. It does look like I first have to put in time in the beginning to sell the products (Like Johnny said). And after that I have to create a human resource system (Like Lukas said) if the business gets too big for me to handle alone. I do not worry about investing more time into it, and sacrifising my free time because I have already done that a year when I was inventing my product and always facing new errors and problems. I just wanted to make that clear, if you thought I wasn't into investing my life to the project.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
You either hire a dude or you outsource manufacturing and shipping.

At some point you’ll have more to do than you can do by yourself and you’ll need people to help you.

Are you selling the product at the moment, or is this a “what it” problem?

David Borodin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 1, 2021
Are you selling the product at the moment, or is this a “what it” problem?
I am not selling the product at the moment. The product is kinda unusual and weird for some people because of what it is supposed to do. What does "what it" problem mean?

David Borodin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 1, 2021
Oh yes. And speaking about what the product is about, it is a weird device. Like, super weird. I don't want regular workers to see what it is. And the people that are into that niche are rare to find. So yeah. That is a huge problem.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I am not selling the product at the moment. The product is kinda unusual and weird for some people because of what it is supposed to do. What does "what it" problem mean?
I meant to say "what if".

Maybe get a few sales going before you start worrying about this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.