The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You Have Permission to Be Yourself

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
Dear Fastlaners,

You have permission to be you.

Since my startup a year ago, I have learned a lot from business. It is amazing what business can teach you in terms of how to live, and how to be a person - and how to contribute.

Some may remember that a year ago, I started a business that eventually generated $100,000/mo in about 3 months. Since that thread, we have actually experienced ups, and also downs. At some point, sales dropped to almost half, and remained that way several months. Today, we've done six figures again, and slightly broke the previous year's record in December 2013.

The venture started online. We were dependent upon Google, and SEO. We had been entering products from China, through Alibaba. Our industry was in infancy. Then the industry matured. Competitors increased. Profit margins drastically reduced. And Google's algorithm changed.

We were glad we focused on building a brand. We were glad we focused - and this is very, very important - on being absolute in contributing value. Our brand today serves a lot of celebrities, and helps a lot of people to live better lives. It just didn't come easily - as all successful businesses face. Running a business places all factors of determination within our hands, and you have to decide correctly at every turning point over a long journey to succeed.

So what we have done is to go retail after a year. Since October, we have rented a retail, invested six figures in its renovation and further established our brand's presence. Please take note: we didn't do this blindly. We had competitors who had proven to us that a retail presence is profitable. Worse than that is that they run their business without high standards, and they're doing much better than us when we were just online. To contribute more value, we had to invest in a retail presence.

Please note that last sentence. Yes, I can't deny that we were also concerned about sales, and money. However, our thinking can affect a lot of results in the things we do. If we think the wrong way, and are only motivated by money, we're bound to experience life the way life rewards that kind of thinking.

That's where I want to refer back to the title of this thread.

"You Have Permission to Be Yourself"

I realized that our brand is currently the absolute #1 brand in our industry. News media managers and executives, celebrities, radio DJs & etc. are just some of our customers. We have lots of customers as well who come by our store in Porsches & etc. - who are leaders in the fields of business they're in, and even politicians.

Competitors are in it for the money. They want profits. They think only about how they can increase their money. They started retail stores, and branched them fast. And they're doing well. Some serve multiple times more customers than we have. Sales is their #1 focus. Most have retail stores that look like poorly-run convenient shops. They are dedicated to profits. Dedicated to presently available customers within the industry who are proven to be willing to spend, and squeeze the same crowd.

Our store is built to inspire comfort. Design is made classy. The atmosphere serves to heighten customer experience and encourage confidence. And it is dedicated to the general public and to new customers whose lives can be positively improved through the value we provide.

They did whatever they can to take people's cash. We did whatever we can to further the positive aspects of the industry and reach more people.

And it pays. Our customers are more loyal. They recommend people and friends. And our brand better flourished. January 2014, at its current pace, may be able to set a new record.

After a year in business, I am truly stunned with what I'm able to learn from running it as an owner. I am sincerely grateful. A year ago, I was still a kid. A year after, it felt as though I'm much more capable of handling responsibility over my life. Business enables one to grow, materially, mentally and spiritually. Running a business can make you a much better and stronger person, if you would allow yourself to learn with that line of thought.

I've grown much more capable to care about people. I realized I am more able to be filial to my parents. I've been blessed to stay, more on a mindset of abundance and allow my presence to contribute value. I realized that I'm blessed with more stability in the state of my mind.

This comes not as a result of just enjoying running the business - but as a result of having to deal with a lot of shit (please do not be offended, this is the most straightforward way of describing it). Some things remain the same. For example, in the thread I started a year ago - I mentioned that failure is very valuable. I would add to that, disappointments. Some people will read this thread and go, "He is so lucky." "What business are you in?" What they don't realize is that, success don't come by shortcuts, and most of the time is not easy when starting. It comes as a result of taking massive action and dealing with lots of things along the way, and doing it non-stop. Every week can have something that weighs a lot. The challenges can weigh a huge load, and break a person's spirits. Hopefully, what you can have is blessed with more great times, and your intention is positive - that allows for greater contribution of value to the people and the world. More often than not however, if you're a startup you're in an uphill swim for your life - but just remember, you CAN succeed. You just have to swim and swim through all that swamp - swamp itself is abundant, and the other side is also abundant. Take both in, and keep swimming for your goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
You just have to realize you're given permission to succeed, and you can be you.

What I mean by you can be you is that -

Being in business for a year, I realized my perception in judging things has differed. I realized that I am more courageous in appreciating the pre-existing higher standards in my heart, and by keeping to it - I gained greater financial success. When all we think in business is money, we can somehow be strayed further and further from it. But when you accomplish what you absolutely believe in, success can come to you in so many more multiples.

Being genuine, being honest, keeping to your integrity, keeping to your highest aspirations, telling others only what you believe in, being earnest, these things can actually contribute greater to your business than you may think.

In other words, improving yourself as a human being and growing as one can actually contribute greater to your business than focusing on improving your business itself.

I understand this may come across as being vague. But try remembering this if you're a startup.

When people want our business, I also judge them by these qualities. And business often grows better, and proceeds smoothly. Sometimes, I will totally ignore promotions given by suppliers. I'll stay loyal to our current supplier, who have served us earnestly. I'll give business to those who appreciate good qualities rather than just the size of the money you give them, and honestly - if not humbly - strive in constantly improving themselves. The especially best kinds of people in business to hire are those who most wish to build a better future, instead of making money.

Those who wish to enable value to others usually produce magnificent work. Much more magnificent than others who have qualifications and experience more than they do.

If you have a desire to benefit the world, don't let it ever waver. Stick to it, and run your business while keeping to it. The world may pose you with a lot of challenges, but let this desire of yours shine in everything you do.

I eventually realized one thing. Almost all businesses are focused on money. They are focused on squeezing profits from the presently available ponds with the presently available solutions. There are surprisingly very few who focuses on R&D, on innovation, even though they have abundant resources. You can see China manufacturers, who have so much money - and yet, they decide to copy and counterfeit what's available rather than making things better - and see their sales plummet as more superior solutions are offered by private small companies that newly come about. Even then, they continue producing even more of the same variation of old products instead of striving to beat the competition. They continue doing the same thing.

From the observation - I'd like to encourage Fastlaners here to not be afraid to create a startup that provides a better solution to people. You may feel that the industry giants are too hard to beat. When in fact, they can sometimes be so sluggish, that when you believe in what you believe in, and proceed to do things according to your expectations and standards, you can earn yourself a place that the people appreciate. From there, you can grow your business and possibly experience success at its most rewarding level - succeeding with meaning in life. That's something that any aspired person is deserving to achieve, and they can achieve it if they would just act.

I have a goal in our current business as well now. From the current business it is, I'm going to begin a second brand that manufactures. I learned that retail is fine, but its reach can be limited - lots of resources and time is needed to grow it into a very formidable brand. Serving the world internationally on the other hand - with technology, I may possibly be able to recreate Steve Jobs and Elon Musk with higher chances of success in a lifetime in me.

Look, you don't have to be the best engineer or scientist in order to be Steve Jobs or Elon Musk. However, you do need to have the highest standards and the most powerful of positive intentions to contribute value. If you can do that, you can correctly hire the right persons to assist you. And your results can be astounding.

Surround yourself with the most exceptional of individuals. This, this, you must.

I look at one of my lady friends, who's a year younger than me - she's 24, who is one of the pioneers in the design movement in my country. She has 5 projects ongoing at once, she's working harder than anyone else. She's talking to corporations all over the world, people in Milan wanting her to manufacture prototypes. She walks, and she observes everywhere she go as she couldn't accept the standards of the world we currently have and aims to improve it. She sleeps less than anyone else. She has a stronger mental capacity than anyone else. She wants to improve things more than almost everyone else.

And when I look at her, I think: "Am I really even pushing myself?"

She believes it's entirely possible for people to do the biggest things they want to do. Any occupation she picks up, people say she's overqualified. She gives 110% in everything she does.

So look.

If you really want to succeed, give yourself 100% permission to be yourself. Because I think, when we do, we can all be beasts.

Go do it.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
First off, you know your post is amazing

But I'll say it for you anyways

That was AWESOME!!!
Thanks so much for sharing it

I don't wanna interupt that so my own thoughts will be inside this quote
Sounds like they focus on doing one thing well.
And have reached a saturation point that is only a few multiples beyond yours.
What can that tell you about your market?
What can that tell you about your approach

Its great to hear such a positive message :)
Thanks man

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
In other words, improving yourself as a human being and growing as one can actually contribute greater to your business than focusing on improving your business itself.
That really resonates with me. Awesome post and congrats on all your success.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
nvm... thanks any ways.

Last edited:

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome post and thank you for taking the time to write it. You've said so many things that resonate ...

success don't come by shortcuts

And yet, this is what people will continually look for. The "shortcuts and loopholes" guru is doing very well.

Business enables one to grow, materially, mentally and spiritually. Running a business can make you a much better and stronger person, if you would allow yourself to learn with that line of thought.

I can think of no better "growing up" and educational experience than getting "out there" and doing something. Win, lose, or fail -- you GROW.

You may feel that the industry giants are too hard to beat. When in fact, they can sometimes be so sluggish, that when you believe in what you believe in, and proceed to do things according to your expectations and standards, you can earn yourself a place that the people appreciate.

This is why opportunity is truly everwhere. Any VC or public funded business is looking to maximize ROI or shareholder profit, not end user value. That distorted relationship creates inherent opportunities by virtue of flawed stakeholders.

Can you show pics of your retail store vs the competitions?
And your website.... if you don't mind.

Would like to see the site also

I find it disheartening that this man took an hour to write an incredible, Gold-worthy post about his experience and this is the only thing you guys can ask. No thank you. No click thank you. No acknowledgement, just a "show me your shit!" SMH. :shifty:

There are reasons why the people here who are making things happen and experiencing paramount success don't actively disclose their products or websites -- they simply don't want to invite unworthy, margin-eroding competition from those seeking the shortcut. :rage:

Perhaps he can highlight the differences between HIS store, and his competitor's store, which I thought he ALREADY touched on.

Competitors are in it for the money. They want profits. They think only about how they can increase their money. They started retail stores, and branched them fast. And they're doing well. Some serve multiple times more customers than we have. Sales is their #1 focus. Most have retail stores that look like poorly-run convenient shops. They are dedicated to profits. Dedicated to presently available customers within the industry who are proven to be willing to spend, and squeeze the same crowd.
Our store is built to inspire comfort. Design is made classy. The atmosphere serves to heighten customer experience and encourage confidence. And it is dedicated to the general public and to new customers whose lives can be positively improved through the value we provide.

Last edited:

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
100k and Sean, I politely reject.

I would encourage you to read and learn from what is shared. If you can't derive actionable value from what I've written, you won't find value from seeing anything I show you.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Zen Focus. I really enjoyed reading your posts. Your maturity and wisdom are beyond your physical age. I hope many people read what you've written and truly think it through..and take time with it.

I have noticed many of the best of the best in business do many of the things you wrote about. I don't know what business you're in and I don't need to know...of course everyone is curious and many want to know...but I think 'what' people do is secondary to 'how' and 'why' they do it.

Anyway, congrats on your success and your future success.

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
Awesome post and thank you for taking the time to write it. You've said so many things that resonate ...

And yet, this is what people will continually look for. The "shortcuts and loopholes" guru is doing very well.

I can think of no better "growing up" and educational experience than getting "out there" and doing something. Win, lose, or fail -- you GROW.

This is why opportunity is truly everwhere. Any VC or public funded business is looking to maximize ROI or shareholder profit, not end user value. That distorted relationship creates inherent opportunities by virtue of flawed stakeholders.

I find it disheartening that this man took an hour to write an incredible, Gold-worthy post about his experience and this is the only thing you guys can ask. SMH. :shifty:

There are reasons why the people here who are making things happen and experiencing paramount success don't actively disclose their products or websites -- they simply don't want to invite unworthy, margin-eroding competition from those seeking the shortcut. :rage:

Perhaps he can highlight the differences between HIS store, and his competitor's store, which I thought he touched on.

Thanks MJ, I appreciate it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
Zen Focus. I really enjoyed reading your posts. Your maturity and wisdom are beyond your physical age. I hope many people read what you've written and truly think it through..and take time with it.

I have noticed many of the best of the best in business do many of the things you wrote about. I don't know what business you're in and I don't need to know...of course everyone is curious and many want to know...but I think 'what' people do is secondary to 'how' and 'why' they do it.

Anyway, congrats on your success and your future success.

Most people will never think through it. At least, not until they've experienced so much disappointment and failure until they're ready to wisen up.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for a beautifully written post Zen Focus
I read it once and I bookmarked it to read again.
You zipped some great wisdom in a single post.

After a year in business, I am truly stunned with what I'm able to learn from running it as an owner. I am sincerely grateful. A year ago, I was still a kid. A year after, it felt as though I'm much more capable of handling responsibility over my life. Business enables one to grow, materially, mentally and spiritually. Running a business can make you a much better and stronger person, if you would allow yourself to learn with that line of thought.
I've grown much more capable to care about people. I realized I am more able to be filial to my parents. I've been blessed to stay, more on a mindset of abundance and allow my presence to contribute value. I realized that I'm blessed with more stability in the state of my mind.
Absolutely true, emotional maturity is what makes a great man and businessman.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I read it once and I bookmarked it to read again.

As have I .... and I STRONGLY recommend others to do the same. There is so much truth in Zen's posts with no filler, that it should be read several times, and kept at arms reach to read and reflect on.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I truly appreciate your post, and thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom and story with us. I know you'll find more success this year!

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
100k and Sean, I politely reject.

I would encourage you to read and learn from what is shared. If you can't derive actionable value from what I've written, you won't find value from seeing anything I show you.

Your post was well written and impressive. Thank you. I'm just not the type of person that gets all hyped up and inspired from a forum post. I've got my own thing going on so your post was not necessary in me taking action. I wanted to see the site just out of curiosity. I'M a very curious person. I wish you luck on your continued success.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
Thanks Sean. I hope you don't take this wrongly. If you are a truly wise businessman, I believe you should understand value exchange among the highest range of businessmen. We don't just ask for value. We provide it, build trust with each other, and then only share between us. And by that time, it's not just something we simply blurt. We think for each other and care for each other, protecting each other, and growing with each other - offering value to each other is a given.

It does not function the way you ask. If you didn't notice that, it will be good to consider it. Communication is important in business. Unless wealth is handed to you on a silver platter, we all know that we have to earn it. Asking it that way, and then saying that you've got your own thing and my post is not necessary in you taking action is sheer expression of your ignorance on what it takes to be truly exceptional and responsible.

As I mentioned, this is not meant to offend you. I learned to be straightforward rather than entertaining in business. If I want to tell you a message, I tell it to you direct.

I believe you have to do only what you believe in. And I believe you don't absolutely believe someone who's exceptional would just show you everything after writing a long post hoping that it'd inspire you in any way. If that person ever shows you anything just because you asked the way you did, it's showing off with a display of his or her own foolishness.

You ignored that voice in you. And that will continue to drain you until you clearly realize it one day.

Last edited:

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Thanks Sean. I hope you don't take this wrongly. If you are a truly wise businessman, I believe you should understand value exchange among the highest range of businessmen. We don't just ask for value. We provide it, build trust with each other, and then only share between us. And by that time, it's not just something we simply blurt. We think for each other and care for each other, protecting each other, and growing with each other - offering value to each other is a given.

It does not function the way you ask. If you didn't notice that, it will be good to consider it. Communication is important in business. Unless wealth is handed to you on a silver platter, we all know that we have to earn it. Asking it that way, and then saying that you've got your own thing and my post is not necessary in you taking action is sheer expression of your ignorance on what it takes to be truly exceptional and responsible.

As I mentioned, this is not meant to offend you. I learned to be straightforward rather than entertaining in business. If I want to tell you a message, I tell it to you direct.

I believe you have to do only what you believe in. And I believe you don't absolutely believe someone who's exceptional would just show you everything after writing a long post hoping that it'd inspire you in any way. If that person ever shows you anything just because you asked the way you did, it's showing off with a display of his or her own foolishness.

You ignored that voice in you. And that will continue to drain you until you clearly realize it one day.

You didn't offend me and I completely understand and agree with what you're saying. like I said, it was just out of curiosity. I wouldn't care if your answer was yes no or maybe. I Apologize for not thanking you and praising you for your beautifully inspirational/motivational post.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Too good to fall down the top post list... (Bump)

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Dear Fastlaners,

You have permission to be you.

Since my startup a year ago, I have learned a lot from business. It is amazing what business can teach you in terms of how to live, and how to be a person - and how to contribute.

Some may remember that a year ago, I started a business that eventually generated $100,000/mo in about 3 months. Since that thread, we have actually experienced ups, and also downs. At some point, sales dropped to almost half, and remained that way several months. Today, we've done six figures again, and slightly broke the previous year's record in December 2013.

The venture started online. We were dependent upon Google, and SEO. We had been entering products from China, through Alibaba. Our industry was in infancy. Then the industry matured. Competitors increased. Profit margins drastically reduced. And Google's algorithm changed.

We were glad we focused on building a brand. We were glad we focused - and this is very, very important - on being absolute in contributing value. Our brand today serves a lot of celebrities, and helps a lot of people to live better lives. It just didn't come easily - as all successful businesses face. Running a business places all factors of determination within our hands, and you have to decide correctly at every turning point over a long journey to succeed.

So what we have done is to go retail after a year. Since October, we have rented a retail, invested six figures in its renovation and further established our brand's presence. Please take note: we didn't do this blindly. We had competitors who had proven to us that a retail presence is profitable. Worse than that is that they run their business without high standards, and they're doing much better than us when we were just online. To contribute more value, we had to invest in a retail presence.

Please note that last sentence. Yes, I can't deny that we were also concerned about sales, and money. However, our thinking can affect a lot of results in the things we do. If we think the wrong way, and are only motivated by money, we're bound to experience life the way life rewards that kind of thinking.

That's where I want to refer back to the title of this thread.

"You Have Permission to Be Yourself"

I realized that our brand is currently the absolute #1 brand in our industry. News media managers and executives, celebrities, radio DJs & etc. are just some of our customers. We have lots of customers as well who come by our store in Porsches & etc. - who are leaders in the fields of business they're in, and even politicians.

They did whatever they can to take people's cash. We did whatever we can to further the positive aspects of the industry and reach more people.

And it pays. Our customers are more loyal. They recommend people and friends. And our brand better flourished. January 2014, at its current pace, may be able to set a new record.

This comes not as a result of just enjoying running the business - but as a result of having to deal with a lot of shit (please do not be offended, this is the most straightforward way of describing it). Some things remain the same. For example, in the thread I started a year ago - I mentioned that failure is very valuable. I would add to that, disappointments. Some people will read this thread and go, "He is so lucky." "What business are you in?" What they don't realize is that, success don't come by shortcuts, and most of the time is not easy when starting. It comes as a result of taking massive action and dealing with lots of things along the way, and doing it non-stop. Every week can have something that weighs a lot. The challenges can weigh a huge load, and break a person's spirits. Hopefully, what you can have is blessed with more great times, and your intention is positive - that allows for greater contribution of value to the people and the world. More often than not however, if you're a startup you're in an uphill swim for your life - but just remember, you CAN succeed. You just have to swim and swim through all that swamp - swamp itself is abundant, and the other side is also abundant. Take both in, and keep swimming for your goals.

Amazing post, thanks for this. Link to your progress thread?

TOS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 25, 2013
Thank you so much for this post!

I have been too occupied with the cost of the suits lately, and not on the goal of delivering better fittings than anybody! I have actually sold suits by pitching cost, and i wondered why fewer people bought then when i pitched my passion for the suits that fits you so good you want to wear it all the time because you looks so F*cking great in it :)

Hope it makes sense, atleast your post made very sense to me.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Zen Focus, you've shared something very profound and I hope you know you've impacted not just me but everyone else here, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and thoughts.

It's very inspiring to see how integrity, honesty, and making a contribution with providing authentic value has taken you so far in your business.

Percy Swint

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 13, 2014
The title of this thread instantly caught my attention. I have recently wrote an Article titled: 'Why I Can't Be Anyone But Myself', which encourages people to be themselves without the fear of rejection. Our fears have the power of keeping us away from success if we allow it to, by hindering the opportunities that may be available to us. If anyone is interested in reading, do not hesitate to leave feedback :)

elliot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 21, 2012
Kent United Kingdom
Great post, thanks!
I see you mentioned Alibaba, can I ask would you say this is still a good resource and can I ask are you selling a product that already existed and our importing/selling or have you rebranded a product or even had a new product manufactured.

I must admit I do think in the way of improving the world and giving value but, (yes I know when I say but you may ignore anything before it) I think we are all trying to start from little and we do start thinking of money although I try not to. I think money brainwashes our minds in a way.

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
Thank you so much for this post!

I have been too occupied with the cost of the suits lately, and not on the goal of delivering better fittings than anybody! I have actually sold suits by pitching cost, and i wondered why fewer people bought then when i pitched my passion for the suits that fits you so good you want to wear it all the time because you looks so F*cking great in it

Hope it makes sense, atleast your post made very sense to me.

This, this is almost the essence of what it means to be exceptional. If people can get both, the best suit fittings in your store, and a cheaper price than what they can get in other places, wouldn't that store be amazing. Coupled with a warm customer service, you're sure to have a brand that lasts in people's minds and which they would like to tell everyone else about. Better yet, if the suits exactly accentuate the personality or preference of the customers, so when people look at them, they say: "Wow, you look great. Where did you get it from?" And their suits become something they are able to 'boast' about, their tailors instantly become whom they can identify themselves with in life as well.

It would be amazing, wouldn't it? From morning to evening, you'll be making people look great. And not just look great, but brighten up their lives as well. Before long, you'd have rather famous customers coming into your store.

Thinking about this alone excites most people, doesn't it. Yet, most people won't consider allowing themselves to be who they are. They let that excitement pass, thinking that it couldn't be done. What if they did whatever they can to make it happen? What if they did.

There would be so much more value offered, and the value they offer will make the world so much better.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.