The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You advice, please, should I jump at this again?

Marketing, social media, advertising

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Please I need in suggestions from members who really make money online and not from those who are “trying”.

I'm not an online guru, but...

I've chosen a very small niche (probably there's no room enough to make money in)

My doubts are about - will I be able to make money with this stuff?

Edit: By no means was I trying to be condescending. I just think you may have answered your own question.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
I think you're just asking the wrong questions. Questions are a great thing and many here will gladly answer them.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I've chosen a very small niche (probably there's no room enough to make money in) into the sailing craft market.

My doubts are about - will I be able to make money with this stuff?

Listen, there is so much information already available on this site and the internet for you to already know this. Not to mention countless softwares that will help you figure out if this is a profitable niche.

Probably I asked the wrong question/s. Now I'll try to find what's wrong in my questions.

So your questions seems to be, "Will I make money with this?" and "Will you do the research I'm too lazy to do?"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
You answered your own questions. :)
I used to be extremely impulsive and made a lot of mistakes. I learned very quickly like this but I also burned out quickly as well.
If you're struggling on something, take a step back and analyze everything. Sleep on it for the night. Write it all out on paper. Keep thinking about it. Sleep on it again. If you're still struggling, come back and ask that question. I find when I'm having a tough time on something, I just need to take a step back. Usually I take a night to fully rest and then come back and wham, I solved my problem!

It's important to remember that there are different types of questions, and what kind will be most effective depends on the situation and what you are trying to elicit from the person.

1. Convergent questions: What, where, who, and when questions get a person to clarify the specifics of what he or she is thinking. Converging questions can be important when time is of the essence or you are dealing with someone who is theoretical.

2. Divergent or expansive questions: Why and what if questions ask a person to expand on what he or she is thinking. Divergent questions can be important when you need someone to see the larger context of a position.

3. Integrating questions: If...then what questions demonstrate an attempt to find common ground between opposing positions. This builds trust and encourages compromise, which is important in situations where the stakes are high for both sides.
source: To Have the Most Impact, Ask the Right Questions - Chris Musselwhite and Tammie Plouffe - Harvard Business Review

My question to you, what do you think of your question? Honestly.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
"I've chosen a very small niche (probably there's no room enough to make money in) into the sailing craft market."

Here's what I see. Sailboats is your passion. Great.

You're not going to monetize sailboats.

Go make your money elsewhere, so that 3 years (5? 7 years?) from now, you can sail around the world.

Don't confuse your passion with your income. The world doesn't care that you like sailboats. You don't have an idea that is going to make you wealthy that has anything to do with sailboats.

I LOVE horse racing. Love it. Spend down time studying it. Bought a race horse last year.

However, does that mean I should try and monetize my passion for horse racing? Nope. It means I should make enough money that some day I can have a horse running in the Kentucky Derby. I'll probably lose money on that horse, just like I did on the horse I bought last year. That's OK... it's just a hobby. I'm not going to get rich racing horses.

Don't confuse my passion (horse racing) with my income (not horse racing). I make money SO that I can fuel my passion.

People that advise you to "do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life" more than likely work for a W2 wage. The world really doesn't give a shit what you are passionate about if what you offer in turn doesn't have value for them. How you make money is not about YOU, it's about THEM.

S

stranger

People that advise you to "do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life" more than likely work for a W2 wage. The world really doesn't give a shit what you are passionate about if what you offer in turn doesn't have value for them. How you make money is not about YOU, it's about THEM.

There're many other people who earn on their passion. Anyway, my question wasn't about my passion.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I think you should do it. You will probably become at least a thousandaire.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited by a moderator:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas

You're going to be judged, it's impossible not to. Almost everyone judges a book by it's cover. Of course, over time opinions can change but first impressions do last a while.

There's a reason for why they are at where they are, but no one cares about it. Life is tough. Those who can get back up even when they can't are the champions.
Take the extremely valuable advice people offer here and use it. No one is attacking you. No one dislikes you. Some might be slightly annoyed by you but stop taking things personally. This is like eating ice cream compared to what someone in business might do to you.

/rant

S

stranger

You're going to be judged, it's impossible not to. Almost everyone judges a book by it's cover. Of course, over time opinions can change but first impressions do last a while.

There's a reason for why they are at where they are, but no one cares about it. Life is tough. Those who can get back up even when they can't are the champions.
Take the extremely valuable advice people offer here and use it. No one is attacking you. No one dislikes you. Some might be slightly annoyed by you but stop taking things personally. This is like eating ice cream compared to what someone in business might do to you.

/rant
Life is tough, I got it since I was born. Really, I usually never ask many questions on forums. It's better to dig up simillar questions which were asked by someone before you. So I was wrong when I started this topic because i had broken my own GOLDEN rule - "googling before asking".

Anyway, i hate when a stranger like Allen jumps on me and says "you are lazy".
I think lazy dudes won't using this forum.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
No offense, but tons of lazy people use this forum. I have learned to stop talking about what I am doing, and start doing it. You know why, because no matter what someone says it doesn't matter. For some reason people, including me, think talking about something is accomplishing something, and its not.

S

stranger

You're right; i've stopped saying what i'm going to do. I just do what i need. And yeah, every one has different goals, opinions and ways.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Anyway, i hate when a stranger like Allen jumps on me and says "you are lazy".

Truth is your post came across as a lazy way to get information. Period.

I think lazy dudes won't using this forum.

Over 12,000 members here. Probably 80% are too lazy to take the information gleaned from here and do something with it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Actually...

Lets keep this open.

It's a perfect example of why there's a forum rule about deleting threads. There's great value in the responses, even if the original poster doesn't see it.

There's wisdom in here that doesn't need to get lost. Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to this thread!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As far as I'm concerned, you just *stole* the time from the people who took the time to respond to your thread.

This is like hiring a counselor to get advice on your problems and when the counselor tells you something you don't want to hear, you walk out and refuse to pay them.

Totally uncool.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.