The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why So Serious?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Before you ask: yes, I used a Joker quote to get your attention, you will know why I used it at the end of this post.

One question that comes to my mind, almost on a daily basis, is

WHY THE F*CK IS EVERYBODY SO SERIOUS?

now I know that not everybody is acting too serious, at least not all the time. But what I'm talking about are the employees; or you could call them sheeple if you are willing to risk being called an a**hole.. let's just use the term employees. Ok last week, while I drove to my job (yep currently I belong to those employees) I was surrounded by a herd of shee... sorry, I was surrounded by a bunch of employees sitting in their cars around me at the traffic light. While everyone was waiting for the light to turn green, I used that moment to take a look at the people in the other cars.

The guy on my left sat there, smoking his morning cigarette while looking like he doesn't want the light to turn green, since it means he would get closer to his workplace.​

The other guy on the right just sat there, completely lost in his thoughts, seemingly out of this world in his mind.​

Then there was this woman. She didn't have to say a word, her facial expressions told everything. Let's just say it was the opposite of a smile.​

One guy held his coffee in his hands, with a look on his face that made me think the coffee is the only source of a warm feeling in his stomach right now.​

While looking around I didn't realize that the light already turned green a few seconds ago; what caused the guy in the car behind me to hoot the shit out of me, not to forget his wild gesticulating while passing me. Sorry Sir, I just made you arrive at your job with a delay of 5 seconds..​

No matter how many times I drove there, I can't remember seeing a happy face in any of the cars; except for fridays maybe.

That's What A Slowlane Life Turns You Into
yep, most people in the Slowlane don't think about the fact that they will be driving this way to their job every day for the next 40 years. For some it's because they only think from weekend to weekend, some may feel blessed for being able to work at XYZ company, and some may just have accepted their faith. But no matter how wild the parties are, or how awesome the new job seems in the beginning, in the end they will be sitting in their cars every morning on the way to a job, with an expression on their face like their hamster just died.

Is that a future which is worth looking forward to?

The people in the other cars will probably still drive there in 5 years, still looking like their hamster just died. The question is: will you be at that traffic light in 5 years with them?

Does It Hurt Bad Enough?
one reason why they will still drive there on their way to their job in 5 years, is that it just doesn't hurt bad enough. In the morning it may hurt bad enough yeah, in that moment they hate it, they hate driving to a job, knowing that they need to work 8 hours before they can finally drive the same road back. But as soon as the clock hits 5pm and they are on their way home, they simply forget all the thoughts they had in the morning, while driving that same road; they are now driving back home, back home to their warm bed and their loved tv series.

But shouldn't the simple thought about a future like that make you shit your pants? At least that's what it does to me (not literally). As soon as the fear of this type of future is bigger than the available distractions that help to forget about that future, it starts to hurt bad enough.

And if it hurts bad enough, you are more likely to take real action. That make-you-shit-your-pants future is a sad future, but the fear of it shouldn't make you sad, it should make you happy. Happy that you are aware of it and that it will give you the energy you need to escape that sad future and create a future that you want to live.

Decide To Be Happy
don't know how to do that while you are driving to a job you hate? Start with being thankful that you came across TMF and this forum. You now belong to the minority, the majority doesn't think the way we do. It is now up to you if you act on that knowledge. But don't forget one thing: not taking action on it will probably end with you sitting in one of those cars at the traffic light, with the difference that you know what could've be possible if you would have acted on that knowledge. That's another thought of a possible future that should make you shit your pants.

Don't wait until you are successful to be happy. Start being happy now, right now. I heard a quote that fits good here:

"Decide to be fine till the end of the week. Make yourself smile because you're alive and that's your job (to be happy). Then do it again the next week. Do it right, with a smile, or don't do it."

please don't ask me where I got this quote from.. a bit embarassing to use quotes from a tv show, but I just love that one.

Don't be the my-hamster-just-died type of guy; instead try to smile, try to smile no matter how much you hate to work a job, no matter how much you hate the early risings to get to that hated job. Try to smile and look forward to drive that road back home later that day, back home to work on creating something that will make it possible for you to escape that f*cking job, to escape that traffic light.

Like I already said, it's up to you where you will be in 5 years; at that traffic light or whereever you want to be.

Have a good day guys, and don't forget to smile :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Before you ask: yes, I used a Joker quote to get your attention, you will know why I used it at the end of this post.

One question that comes to my mind, almost on a daily basis, is

WHY THE F*CK IS EVERYBODY SO SERIOUS?

now I know that not everybody is acting too serious, at least not all the time. But what I'm talking about are the employees; or you could call them sheeple if you are willing to risk being called an a**hole.. let's just use the term employees. Ok last week, while I drove to my job (yep currently I belong to those employees) I was surrounded by a herd of shee... sorry, I was surrounded by a bunch of employees sitting in their cars around me at the traffic light. While everyone was waiting for the light to turn green, I used that moment to take a look at the people in the other cars.

The guy on my left sat there, smoking his morning cigarette while looking like he doesn't want the light to turn green, since it means he would get closer to his workplace.​

The other guy on the right just sat there, completely lost in his thoughts, seemingly out of this world in his mind.​

Then there was this woman. She didn't have to say a word, her facial expressions told everything. Let's just say it was the opposite of a smile.​

One guy held his coffee in his hands, with a look on his face that made me think the coffee is the only source of a warm feeling in his stomach right now.​

While looking around I didn't realize that the light already turned green a few seconds ago; what caused the guy in the car behind me to hoot the shit out of me, not to forget his wild gesticulating while passing me. Sorry Sir, I just made you arrive at your job with a delay of 5 seconds..​

No matter how many times I drove there, I can't remember seeing a happy face in any of the cars; except for fridays maybe.

That's What A Slowlane Life Turns You Into
yep, most people in the Slowlane don't think about the fact that they will be driving this way to their job every day for the next 40 years. For some it's because they only think from weekend to weekend, some may feel blessed for being able to work at XYZ company, and some may just have accepted their faith. But no matter how wild the parties are, or how awesome the new job seems in the beginning, in the end they will be sitting in their cars every morning on the way to a job, with an expression on their face like their hamster just died.

Is that a future which is worth looking forward to?

The people in the other cars will probably still drive there in 5 years, still looking like their hamster just died. The question is: will you be at that traffic light in 5 years with them?

Does It Hurt Bad Enough?
one reason why they will still drive there on their way to their job in 5 years, is that it just doesn't hurt bad enough. In the morning it may hurt bad enough yeah, in that moment they hate it, they hate driving to a job, knowing that they need to work 8 hours before they can finally drive the same road back. But as soon as the clock hits 5pm and they are on their way home, they simply forget all the thoughts they had in the morning, while driving that same road; they are now driving back home, back home to their warm bed and their loved tv series.

But shouldn't the simple thought about a future like that make you shit your pants? At least that's what it does to me (not literally). As soon as the fear of this type of future is bigger than the available distractions that help to forget about that future, it starts to hurt bad enough.

And if it hurts bad enough, you are more likely to take real action. That make-you-shit-your-pants future is a sad future, but the fear of it shouldn't make you sad, it should make you happy. Happy that you are aware of it and that it will give you the energy you need to escape that sad future and create a future that you want to live.

Decide To Be Happy
don't know how to do that while you are driving to a job you hate? Start with being thankful that you came across TMF and this forum. You now belong to the minority, the majority doesn't think the way we do. It is now up to you if you act on that knowledge. But don't forget one thing: not taking action on it will probably end with you sitting in one of those cars at the traffic light, with the difference that you know what could've be possible if you would have acted on that knowledge. That's another thought of a possible future that should make you shit your pants.

Don't wait until you are successful to be happy. Start being happy now, right now. I heard a quote that fits good here:

"Decide to be fine till the end of the week. Make yourself smile because you're alive and that's your job (to be happy). Then do it again the next week. Do it right, with a smile, or don't do it."

please don't ask me where I got this quote from.. a bit embarassing to use quotes from a tv show, but I just love that one.

Don't be the my-hamster-just-died type of guy; instead try to smile, try to smile no matter how much you hate to work a job, no matter how much you hate the early risings to get to that hated job. Try to smile and look forward to drive that road back home later that day, back home to work on creating something that will make it possible for you to escape that f*cking job, to escape that traffic light.

Like I already said, it's up to you where you will be in 5 years; at that traffic light or whereever you want to be.

Have a good day guys, and don't forget to smile :)
Nice.

I'm not fastlane by any means, but I did enjoy my morning run today, and getting back to the house when all the traffic was building up through the town. It was certainly nice to not be sat in it.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
I ask the same question to my wife and others all the time. People are sooooo quick to judge, and guess what. I don't care if you may think i'm childish or inappropriate. The world doesn't care about your sh*tty day at work or your stress! Let go! have fun! Stop being so tense! Not everybody is judging you! Enjoy the now! Smile! A lot of people need to learn how to balance this aspect in life.
Lol, my wife hates it when she thinks people are judging us and I'm sitting there just being "cool", nonchalant, yet respectful, and not givin a f**k if people are judging me or not.
NFEjKjN.gif

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Nice.

I'm not fastlane by any means, but I did enjoy my morning run today, and getting back to the house when all the traffic was building up through the town. It was certainly nice to not be sat in it.

But you are ahead of most of the people already. That thought of being able to do whatever I want to do any any time I want to, helps to keep smiling even when I'm on my way to that boring job at 6am. I just see it as a neccessary thing that I need to pay my bills at the moment.

I ask the same question to my wife and others all the time. People are sooooo quick to judge, and guess what. I don't care if you may think i'm childish or inappropriate. The world doesn't care about your sh*tty day at work or your stress! Let go! have fun! Stop being so tense! Not everybody is judging you! Enjoy the now! Smile! A lot of people need to learn how to balance this aspect in life.
Lol, my wife hates it when she thinks people are judging us and I'm sitting there just being "cool", nonchalant, yet respectful, and not givin a f**k if people are judging me or not.

You shouldn't care what others, especially strangers, think of you. If someone needs to judge others based on irrevelevant shit, it only shows that their life is probably pretty boring, that they need a distraction from it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Too many people, spend too much of their lives, doing things they don't like, to buy stuff they don't need, to impress people they don't know."

Seems kinda silly to get into debt slavery to impress people we don't even know...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.