The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why I don't need a billion dollars

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
The day I give up the smart phone will be a really good day!!

Did a canoe trip this summer, accidentally left it in the car. Best 4 days ever.......

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TrestonIngle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 10, 2014
Palm Beach, Florida
I thought the goal was stated in TMF . To setup a money system that can support your lifestyle off the interest?

Or is this from a philosophical meaning? All I "need" is 33 million to live the lifestyle I want to live.
But no one can tell you how to live it.

D

DeletedUser394

The idea is always better than the reality.

Your life is the sum of all of your thoughts, actions, and choices - If something doesn't feel right, shift these.

People always think that some huge, polaric change is what will create the life that they want. The reality is that you are probably way closer than you think. Just start taking micro-steps in the direction you want to go, and keep doing it for the rest of your life

You can't just go live at the pond dude, what about the forum? ;)

This is the internet, I'm a troll. I have no desire to live on a pond and am currently quite content with my life.

Although in the past I've lived in a hamlet where horses outnumbered people, and I never tired of it.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
.damn that dude set himself up for suicide...slight arrogance... also basing your valuation on some future projected market statistics??? Dude made me laugh...Such clips helps bring us and Matt back down to earth...nutbar level 9 hehe

Funny thing is... That is exactly how I'd be.
A big b#tchslap of truth.

The guy thinks he has it all, and he might, but you cannot explore the possibility if your actions are stubborn and selfish.

He has to factor in risk to reward, and at least give these guys a life raft to hold onto to even get into the ball park of realism.
If he wants to keep equity low, he should bring them in on a loan, and give them a percentage based on consultancy, and say that if it pays off big that 1% could equal x million.

But when he came in bold faced and too blind to see what he was presenting them with, he just throws things in their face.

He expected for them to make him a success by submitting to his terms, but it doesn't work that way. It isn't about who you convince its about if you have the stuff to actually get it done.

Great clip really, I mean, I'm a total nutbar, but to really make those dreams plausible we have to make our actions genuine otherwise we'll just scare everyone off and thats a good way to sabotage your business.
My guess is he just felt too insecure and too threatened to entertain other offers and if the dragons wanted in they should have restructured it. But its like they said, sometimes a guys inability to structiure a deal is a huge red flag regarding his ability to lead the business anywhere but head first into the dirt, so I can understand their apprehension.

I liked his business though, I think he should have given up 20% amongst as many dragons as he could get, and offered incentives for the telecoms giant sitting in the room.
Talk SUCCESS not strict and rigid rules.

At the end of the day, you have to have more flexibility than he showed, but I totally get how he felt. It was an enlightening clip to see.
If you chase that billion too hard, it'll get away.

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
No offence but I didn't understand a word of what you just wrote. :)
You need to work on your communication skills! :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Rogue get out of the mental zone. Ha Ha! Thinking to much! I suppose that happens to us deep thinkers, some times you just have to listen to music and use pictures and images.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I think how Nutbar you are really comes down to how close you are to success. If you are far away, everything you say is crazy or below average, but the closer you are to it the more everything you say and do is a picture of sanity.

I don't think it is the money that makes that happen though, cuz you can have a lot of money and seem totally out of wack, at the end of the day you have to trust in something deeper inside yourself than the cash amount assigned to your name..

I still seem to "want" a billion dollar business, it drives me a little crazy wondering why the hell I am still stuck on that. I'm not ashamed of my cash status, and I don't crave another position in life, but still the billion dollar itch is there.

I think its just the manifestation of my doubts. You think you suck so much that only a magical number can "cure" you. I think that only self confidence can cure the doubts and scratch the itch.

:smoking:

So I guess integrity and principles are essential to overcome this self-doubt.
If we have maintained our integrity and stuck to our principles no matter the achieved financial metric then I presume that this doubt can be eliminated or reduced as well as improving our self-confidence.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
What is ironic is I was just thinking. If I had a billion dollars and met a billion people and gave them each $1.00, those billion people still wouldn't be happy or satisfied with life. :) So probably why Billionaires are happy doing what they do, because all the negatives in the world want to stay in their negative ways. The weirdest thing is when they think you're victimizing them because they want to play victim. Weird is understanding you can never go back to the negative thinking. lol I might have a five minutes, maybe a day, but it never goes down to thinking like most people.

For some reason I don't believe you can make a billion dollars if you're a victim and negative. Unless you're doing crime and than you do time and lose it anyway.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Million or Billion doesn't really make a difference to me. :) Wealthy & Wise is nice. :)

D

DeletedUser394

and you can't make a good living without a college degree, right?

So because it's hard to achieve or unlikely, one shouldn't strive for it?

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” - Henry Ford

I never mentioned college. Education is largely irrelevant.

My point is that most people choose the wrong goals, or blow it completely out of proportion.

Oh, a Henry Ford quote... haven't heard that one before.

Speaking for myself, I used to want the exact same 'out of this world, unrealistic goals' preached all the time. A billion, 10 ferraris in every colour.. because why not?

Now, I'm 22, I don't have to work ever again, I can travel whenever I want, I do what I want. I spend half my time training competitive speed skating because I love it. A billion? Every exotic car known to man, and a penthouse in every major city? aka some of my old goals? Forget about it.

I've reached my first 'number', and now I grow it more slowly.

When I was first confronted with this idea (the 'having enough' principle) it was presented to me by one of the wealthiest, most respected members here on the forum. And I didn't believe it, at all.

But I'm certainly convinced now. Living it.

Maybe you'll hit your first number and realize that your old goals sucked. We change over time of course, that's natural. Maybe you'll hit it and want to keep going. More power to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
My apologies to the OP, didn't intend to derail this thread with mindset talk.
This whole thread is mindset talk, and you've done nothing but added value to it. I can see Billy's kickin your a$$ in the right direction.

As per topic, no I don't ever need a billion dollars, like I said before.
However, I do want my name to be remembered centuries from now. Being rich wont do that. It might get me a century or so (ex: Rockefeller, Hilton, Carnegie)

The people most remembered are people of knowledge.

Seneca, Plato, Aristotle, Sun Tzu. These names are thousands of years old.
Or more recent, Descartes, Machiavelli, Da' Vinci. Hundreds of years.

Being rich doesn't instantly mean success.
But it sure friggin helps.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
What if making a million dollars & making a billions dollars required the same amount of time and effort? Would you prefer the million?

That is a real dilemma. But I think if the effort is equal, I'd want the ability, but not the desperation.

The way I see it, going HALF way, is likely to just screw you out of everything.
BUT I do not think a billion dollars is going all the way, because its an easy goal to set (too easy).
So it will act as an illusion, and screw you up.

A billion dollar process and execution is what I want.
Excellence.

And if its a choice between excellence and a billion, I'll choose excellence.

I aim, to not be disappointed with millions, if my plan was for billions and to not be disappointed with billions if I aimed for millions.
An openess to possibility, an acceptance of the results you get, and a reduction of envy and fear.

and you can't make a good living without a college degree, right?

So because it's hard to achieve or unlikely, one shouldn't strive for it?

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” - Henry Ford

What causes beliefs to last through hardship? Those quickly spun and infectious, or those taken through rigorous testing and observed to be the best?

We all must start somewhere, but in order for beliefs to last, I think they must adapt somewhat.

I believe billions are not possible for all, due to inflation, so I question its merit as an unquestioned goal.

(hoping to find a way to build an underwater castle resort just cuz that's how I roll)

Lol, I wasn't expecting you to whip out the under the sea card
In that case of course

I'm a big fan of Elon Musk,
He's playing with outer space, so it IS possible to attempt innovations for a brighter future.

I've talked to a famous billionaire who told me its not much of a difference between million & billion, time, effort, and risk rise. I've read from other billionaires that there is a big difference between the three.

It is probably them saying
a) You need flow and to not worry
b) You need to apply effort rigorously

Which enhance each other IME

What is ironic is I was just thinking. If I had a billion dollars and met a billion people and gave them each $1.00, those billion people still wouldn't be happy or satisfied with life.

I was thinking about that the other day, and I came down to the conclusion you need to see the difference between, when it will truly help and when it won't.
And you need to help in a way that is bigger than money.

Wealthy & Wise is nice.

How do we achieve THAT, is a good question. How does a person go from slogging away, to wealthy and wise? Is it money, or is it something ELSE.

What is that something else, and how do we get you there?

See... I think its about getting from a state of desperation, into a sense of capability that makes your actions generate money.

How do we get you to B, is probably worth more than the billions that may follow...

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.