The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do I gather investors??

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
From those of you who have experience finding partners (especially in Real Estate), where is the best way to source investors from?

I'm a Realtor and I always come across great rent-to-own lease option deals I wish I could get in on. I have two of these myself as well as a large student house, but I'm tapped out for lending now.

I'm looking for investors to partner with who would be the sole mortgage holders on these lease-option deals that I would have a partnership agreement with. What I would be able to offer to someone is my ability to hand-pick from all of the rent-to-own applicants that come through my office and give my knowledge and guidance along the way. I could also offer some capital if the deal was juicy enough.

I know there are investors out there who are looking for something like this and even with a shared investment would be making upwards of 15%. I just need to find them...

What would you guys suggest? Joining local clubs? Posting online? Networking like crazy?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You need to pick up the phone and start calling VC firms and hedge funds.

Bruh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 31, 2013
@EvanOkanagan Did you listen to zen*******'s call on raising money?

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It was a long time ago, but yes. I don't remember the ins and outs but I know some things about zen. He has built a fricking huge network of VCs and hedge funds, he has someone to call for whatever flavor business he comes up with. That is some pretty powerful stuff. They are probably freaking categorized. :)

Last edited:

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
It was a long time ago, but yes. I don't remember the ins and outs but I know some things about zen. He has built a fricking huge network of VCs and hedge funds, he has someone to call for whatever flavor business he comes up with. That is some pretty powerful stuff. They are probably freaking categorized. :)

Now I just need access to zen's database ;)

Do you have experience with this? Would they take on singular investments if the return was good? These investments are mostly single-family homes with 2-3 year exit plans, monthly cashflow during and a payout at the end.

@Bruh I haven't listened to his call, where can I find this?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
From those of you who have experience finding partners (especially in Real Estate), where is the best way to source investors from?

I'm a Realtor and I always come across great rent-to-own lease option deals I wish I could get in on. I have two of these myself as well as a large student house, but I'm tapped out for lending now.

I'm looking for investors to partner with who would be the sole mortgage holders on these lease-option deals that I would have a partnership agreement with. What I would be able to offer to someone is my ability to hand-pick from all of the rent-to-own applicants that come through my office and give my knowledge and guidance along the way. I could also offer some capital if the deal was juicy enough.

I know there are investors out there who are looking for something like this and even with a shared investment would be making upwards of 15%. I just need to find them...

What would you guys suggest? Joining local clubs? Posting online? Networking like crazy?
biggerpockets.com of course you may already be there.

Steve37

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Sep 4, 2012
Just adding a second vote for Zen's raising money call. That's saved on the inside in one of the gold threads, i think. Using the roadmap he laid out had quicker and bigger results than I expected. If you have a strong track record and find some truly good deals you'll find money pretty easily.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Now I just need access to zen's database

...or just make your own. I made mine in about 2 weeks ALL based off @zen******* s thread. It's not even that hard.

In fact, 2 hours ago I called one (out of my database) and asked him for 500k.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Halfway through Zens call... great stuff so far.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.