The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"When You're Rich, Remember Me!"

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Too much focus on and whining about other people's miserable behaviour. How much thinking and writing about it here makes you closer to your fastlane?
Not much time was spent. I wouldn't call it focus so much as amusing and petty.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
4243-dbd5f5939740ce9e164ba8031c14637f.jpg

Pretty much sums up my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Last edited by a moderator:

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Lol my family and all my friends are so much like this it's disgusting.

Being from blue collar western PA, which is straddling the border between the eastern seaboard and middle America, I guess it's somewhat to be expected.

So much Slowlane/Sidewalkian dogma being spewed.

It's gotten to the point where I can't really tell any of them about any of my plans. They all thought I was crazy to quit my job as an assistant manager at McDonald's to create a product and build a funnel.

I tried explaining basic business process to them and nobody seemed to want to talk about it or focus their attention.

They'd rather say "remember me when you're rich", "never forget where you came from", "we were here before they were, remember that", "go back to college and get a degree, your knowledge is being wasted", "when we were your age, we would never think to up and quit a job like that, you're very irresponsible".

Well guess what? I've got very minimal monthly expenses, and I'm not 55+ years old and on the decline like most of my Sidewalkian family.

None of them will ever see a dime of my money, because they won't truly be happy for me, they'll be like "must be nice", or "you're the luckiest motherfcker", "consider yourself lucky", 'pay my mortgage".

Not everyone is built to run a long distance race, I guess.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When I was in discussions to sell my first company I had a close relative ask me how much money I was giving him... And he was 0% kidding.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
When I was in discussions to sell my first company I had a close relative ask me how much money I was giving him... And he was 0% kidding.
Lolol.

What audacity. You're entitled just because you're family? lol.

The thing is, yeah, I would help out any of my family if they ever needed it, hands down, no questions asked. They're my family.

But they will get no handouts, and there will be no house deeds or mortgages paid off, no new cars, nothing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I'll give you a big giant check for exactly what you earned.

Then I'd buy him one of those big checks and hire some bikini girl to present it to him with a fat zero on it. Made out to Dickhead.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I'll give you a big giant check for exactly what you earned.

Then I'd buy him one of those big checks and hire some bikini girl to present it to him with a fat zero on it. Made out to Dickhead.
Even better than your original idea.

:p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SemiSentient

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 12, 2014
Indiana
When I left my last job, a few of the guys were gathered around talking. I said bye and before I left one of them asked, "Are you going to remember us when you're a millionaire?"

To which I responded, "Are you going to remember me if I go broke?"

He laughed and said "probably not". I walked out the door without saying a word.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
I think you guys are taking this way too serious...I think people just mean it playfully. I used to tell my ex "don't forget about us little people when you make it" when she would tell me about becoming a singer. It's really not a big deal.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I think you guys are taking this way too serious...I think people just mean it playfully. I used to tell my ex "don't forget about us little people when you make it" when she would tell me about becoming a singer. It's really not a big deal.
I agree a lot do it in jest. or just because. I am sure its strange to have someone say one day I will be a millionaire! I don't think I ever heard someone say that to me ever (until here)

some of them are dead serious. those are who I think this thread is about ;)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
There tends to be a spark of truth behind most jokes.

Last edited:

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
A friend of mine came into some money and I warned them not to tell anyone about it. My warnings fell on deaf ears and soon enough I was hearing stories about people with their hands out. Sadly, it wasn't even that much money.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
he got 16 A*'s (Which is pretty much straight A+'s in high school terms) and completed his A-Levels in 1 year. Everyone, including teachers, used to go on about how he was going to be a millionaire/billionaire

The C students are the ones hiring the "A" students. "A" students have proven they can follow instruction, do as their told, and complete tasks with excellence. Perfect employee material, obedient and effective.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
The C students are the ones hiring the "A" students. "A" students have proven they can follow instruction, do as their told, and complete tasks with excellence. Perfect employee material, obedient and effective.
I was a high school drop out.
Bored.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
"no worries, I'll look you up if I need my shoes shined"

Haha xD

Nah, but honestly, there isn't a huge difference between wealthy and poor, it is just your mindsets change, you put in a lot of hard work, and feel like you just beat back the world.

Problem is, that demon comes back, and knocks again if you let freeloaders in.
Tis the way of things and people enjoy shooting the messenger (even if the millionaire is the freeloader he may lose his junk).

No one owes us anything

Our power to help others is nothing compared to helping ourselves
Money is a bad mentor, we already know this, so the smart move is to wise up

Wealthing up will follow

Last edited:

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
"no worries, I'll look you up if I need my shoes shined"

Haha xD

Nah, but honestly, there isn't a huge difference between wealthy and poor, it is just your mindsets change, you put in a lot of hard work, and feel like you just beat back the world.

Problem is, that demon comes back, and knocks again if you let freeloaders in.
Tis the way of things and people enjoy shooting the messenger (even if the millionaire is the freeloader he may lose his junk).

No one owes us anything

Our power to help others is nothing compared to helping ourselves

LMAO Shoes shined! *cries*

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I'm done with the whole "little people" story. If you're under belief "you're little", and I somehow need to remember you, BYE.

The only thing little about me is my height. Someone I was very good friends with once said to me "Oh, when you're back up on your feet again (after my business collapsed), you'll probably forget about little ol' me"

Guess what?

I did.

No time for mediocrity.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Holy shit you guys are talking this way too seriously !

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
"happy birthday man! Remember when your rich to share your wealth with your best buddy!"

The F*ck....:cookoo:

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
you might understand it some day…
No, no... I GET IT.

It's so funny that you guys here are all smart enough to build your own businessses, but not smart enough to realize that most of the people that say that are usually just saying it as something nice to say. It's a COMPLIMENT towards you!

I always get the "Don't forget me when you're famous!". No, I laugh about it and think "Wow, this person has really put a lot of faith into me! What a nice thing to say!".

Now I know you'll say "But I have made money and I KNOW That people will come and leach from me!".

Yeah, but in the end it's just a nice to expression that people use when they have nothing else to say.

I imagine the next thread will be "Some a**hole said break a leg right before I went on stage! How dare he!".

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
No, no... I GET IT.

It's so funny that you guys here are all smart enough to build your own businessses, but not smart enough to realize that most of the people that say that are usually just saying it as something nice to say. It's a COMPLIMENT towards you!

I always get the "Don't forget me when you're famous!". No, I laugh about it and think "Wow, this person has really put a lot of faith into me! What a nice thing to say!".

Now I know you'll say "But I have made money and I KNOW That people will come and leach from me!".

Yeah, but in the end it's just a nice to expression that people use when they have nothing else to say.

I imagine the next thread will be "Some a**hole said break a leg right before I went on stage! How dare he!".
see I go the other way with this LOL

when someone says it to me. its usually a condescending yeah right. its like if you win the lottery. they don't see any skill at all. they think your just "lucky" n havent earned it and you should "spread the wealth" because they deserve to be "lucky" just as much as you do...

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling
No, no... I GET IT.

Whether or not it's true, I like that you assume they have positive intentions.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I live a very low key lifestyle to avoid conversations with people like that.

I hate hearing the, "Remember me when you're rich" speech. I simply don't want to deal with people wanting money, expecting money, hoping for money. It's annoying.

When you're young, you tend to feel like you have to prove something to the world. The car, the house, the clothes, etc. What many will find further down the road is that the process of striving for success and happiness is often a game of subtraction.

I've seen the scenario played out so many times:
1. Get rich.
2. Get the house, cars and other material things.
3. Realize all that stuff is adding more stress than anything else. Family and friends start expecting handouts. "If you drive a Lambo, but won't give me $100 then you're a jerk."
4. Subtract all the extras and "downgrade" to a simpler life with less stress.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK

Whew. So glad barely working and maintaining a 2.5 worked out for me! Lol. Too bad I haven't figured out how to hire A students. Yet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.