The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When is it time to jump ship and move on to the next thing?

Ask the Artificial Intelligence Bot

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Do you have a job now? Do you genuinely think you won't have it in the next 6 months?
I am an offer incoming after a drug screen and background check.

I might have two more next week. I have been going to back to back interviews and have been applying to most.

I just don't tell this stuff on the forum.

This thread was about the longevity of this market.

A coworker and I have been laid off for about 3 months now. I have been more aggressive on the applying side than he. Since my layoff on the 14th of July, I don't just sit and wait.

It's understanding the industry, what's going on, and know where I need to make pivots/make decisions accordingly for my life.

I also finished an IT contract not to long ago. Learned about it from Andy and a guy who gave me a book, pretty solid work. I actually loved it. Even wowed the guy in charge

I also signed an offer for Amazon as an Delivery Driver making $18.50 and have been testing the waters with Lyft. 1 hour and 15 minutes gives you about 22 dollars an hour with instant debt payouts.

I'm positive I'll get a job within the field, but this career track is over. I've seen people who have been laid off for more than 6 months and that's also when unemployment ends.

Look on YouTube, or Google News. The articles and videos about layoffs don't show any signs of stopping.

So people getting into IT at the moment will have a much harder time to get any position.

I predict this market won't stable until another few years.

It's about knowing what direction I should head, the actions I need to take to course correct so that this doesn't happen again and I won't be in such a situation.

Jobs will always be needed, but it'd about my financial plan proceeding forward.

One person, one decision, one call, and your income is gone.

To get to an exit you need to invest 6 to 10 years of your life. I'm not sure most people understand this, this is a question everyone of us will have to answer to see if we are willing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tsiounik

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 7, 2023

I might have two more next week. I have been going to back to back interviews and have been applying to most.

A coworker and I have been laid off for about 3 months now. I have been more aggressive on the applying side than he. Since my layoff on the 14th of July, I don't just sit and wait.

It's understanding the industry, what's going on, and know where I need to make pivots/make decisions accordingly for my life.

I also finished an IT contract not to long ago. Learned about it from Andy and a guy who gave me a book, pretty solid work. I actually loved it. Even wowed the guy in charge

I also signed an offer for Amazon as an Delivery Driver making $18.50 and have been testing the waters with Lyft. 1 hour and 15 minutes gives you about 22 dollars an hour with instant debt payouts.

I'm positive I'll get a job within the field, but this career track is over. I've seen people who have been laid off for more than 6 months and that's also when unemployment ends.

Look on YouTube, or Google News. The articles and videos about layoffs don't show any signs of stopping.

So people getting into IT at the moment will have a much harder time to get any position.

It's about knowing what direction I should head, the actions I need to take to course correct so that this doesn't happen again and I won't be in such a situation.

Jobs will always be needed, but it'd about my financial plan proceeding forward.

To get to an exit you need to invest 6 to 10 years of your life. I'm not sure most people understand this, this is a question everyone of us will have to answer to see if we are willing.

Would you consider yourself a slowlaner or a sidewalker? Cause this is for sure not a fastlaners mindest.

Tsiounik

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 7, 2023

Would you consider yourself a slowlaner or a sidewalker? Cause this is for sure not a fastlaners mindest.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I'm not even going to reply to this. I have read all three books back to back and have met with other fellow fasteners in person and virtually. I think it's obvious that we all have a fastlane mindset. At this rate my trolling is gonna get me banned, lmao.

confused-white-persian-guardian.gif

Last edited:

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Jan 14, 2023
I'm not even going to reply to this. I have read all three books back to back and have met with other fellow fasteners in person and virtually. I think it's obvious that we all have a fastlane mindset.
Do what needs to be done. No one understands your context better than you. Provided you have a fast-lane goal you are working for, take care of today.

Some forum members cannot comprehend some of our circumstances. If I told them that $1k a month is a CEO's salary here, they would wonder why I don't make it on Upwork. If I told them our country does not receive PayPal payments, they would advise me to move!

I think the wisdom here is to apply the lessons in the books to our unique situations and come out the better for it.

That is why I am growing cassava, yet my command of the queen's language rivals that of most natives I have encountered all over the internet.

Kudos to you for acting on what is urgent!

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Do what needs to be done. No one understands your context better than you. Provided you have a fast-lane goal you are working for, take care of today.

Some forum members cannot comprehend some of our circumstances. If I told them that $1k a month is a CEO's salary here, they would wonder why I don't make it on Upwork. If I told them our country does not receive PayPal payments, they would advise me to move!

I think the wisdom here is to apply the lessons in the books to our unique situations and come out the better for it.

That is why I am growing cassava, yet my command of the queen's language rivals that of most natives I have encountered all over the internet.

Kudos to you for acting on what is urgent!
I appreciate it, the words here.

Just alone here is all of the jobs I have in the pipeline:

1696901379425.png
1696901403031.png

However, a job will not be enough to get me out of my situation as I face Bankruptcy. I start tomorrow as an Amazon DSP Delivery Driver. I know now the strategy employed was wrong. I messed up, that's no lie. I have a Fastlane mindset, but I was using the wrong equation.

What I am doing today is not working. Dreaming has even become hard for me. I feel a lot of shame/guilt for my actions of how I spent my money in my early 20s. All of this is stuff that happened in my early 20s. This isn't anything recent that I have done.

I don't even know if I will ever reach my goal, to be honest, but that doesn't mean I am giving up. Just lose hope is all. All of that work I did last year, I don't want to throw it down the drain.

I'll sum it up to this that I thought of last night it was my unwillingness to change or divert from the ordinary path that led me to my destruction.

My family has a hard time learning how to make an income, my sister is on the brink of losing her home with her 4 kids because her fiance had walked out of a job for how they were treating him. My stepdad is trying to get 100% disability, but got denied twice and now has to go in front of the judge. Things aren't looking good for each of us. I want to break the mold. My real father went bankrupt once and has a credit card today (I no longer speak with him), and my youngest sister is very dependent on her best friend in Nebraska.

Money has been a very sensitive subject for my family for years. We all don't know to make it. When we moved to Dallas in 2001, my parents didn't have a job and still got the house that we were in today. They struggled to get food on the table. Mac N Cheese, Hot Dogs, and Box dinners were the thing. Very low-class. Student loans and credit card debt you name it we had it.

I was never taught how to manage my finances or what credit was. I read books like Rammet Seithi's "I Will Teach You How To Be Rich" first edition.

At one point, I had 5-7 Credit Cards all with $500 dollar minimum payments while living with my mom and dad back in 2019 in Q4. Not sure what to do, felt very depressed. Once I saw James Jani's video about TMF from MJ. I got hooked and became obsessed. Found a way out you could say. I have come a long way since and it's been almost 4 years now since that incident, it haunts me even to this day. I have become afraid of money even because of it. There was no one at that time I could turn to, to help me solve this problem. I didn't even know what bankruptcy was at the time either. I just abandoned all of it. It was either I fed myself or not at that point.

I know I can't change the past, but I have so much regret now because of what I did. Money is not a taboo subject, just a very sensitive subject for me.

Last edited:

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Jan 14, 2023
I appreciate it, the words here.

Just alone here is all of the jobs I have in the pipeline:

View attachment 51783
View attachment 51784

However, a job will not be enough to get me out of my situation as I face Bankruptcy. I start tomorrow as an Amazon DSP Delivery Driver. I know now the strategy employed was wrong. I messed up, that's no lie. I have a Fastlane mindset, but I was using the wrong equation.

What I am doing today is not working. Dreaming has even become hard for me. I feel a lot of shame/guilt for my actions of how I spent my money in my early 20s. All of this is stuff that happened in my early 20s. This isn't anything recent that I have done.

I don't even know if I will ever reach my goal, to be honest, but that doesn't mean I am giving up. Just lose hope is all. All of that work I did last year, I don't want to throw it down the drain.

I'll sum it up to this that I thought of last night it was my unwillingness to change or divert from the ordinary path that led me to my destruction.

My family has a hard time learning how to make an income, my sister is on the brink of losing her home with her 4 kids because her fiance had walked out of a job for how they were treating him. My stepdad is trying to get 100% disability, but got denied twice and now has to go in front of the judge. Things aren't looking good for each of us. I want to break the mold. My real father went bankrupt once and has a credit card today (I no longer speak with him), and my youngest sister is very dependent on her best friend in Nebraska.

Money has been a very sensitive subject for my family for years. We all don't know to make it. When we moved to Dallas in 2001, my parents didn't have a job and still got the house that we were in today. They struggled to get food on the table. Mac N Cheese, Hot Dogs, and Box dinners were the thing. Very low-class. Student loans and credit card debt you name it we had it.

I was never taught how to manage my finances or what credit was. I read books like Rammet Seithi's "I Will Teach You How To Be Rich" first edition.

At one point, I had 5-7 Credit Cards all with $500 dollar minimum payments while living with my mom and dad back in 2019 in Q4. Not sure what to do, felt very depressed. Once I saw James Jani's video about TMF from MJ. I got hooked and became obsessed. Found a way out you could say. I have come a long way since and it's been almost 4 years now since that incident, it haunts me even to this day. I have become afraid of money even because of it. There was no one at that time I could turn to, to help me solve this problem. I didn't even know what bankruptcy was at the time either. I just abandoned all of it. It was either I fed myself or not at that point.

I know I can't change the past, but I have so much regret now because of what I did. Money is not a taboo subject, just a very sensitive subject for me.
Our people say that a visible stone cannot hit the hoe. A problem named is a problem half solved. Now that you know what the problem is, keep on the quest for solutions.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry I couldn't contact the ChatGPT think tank :(
Hi Eva,

Let me just say that the content within this thread has helped me tremendously based on your advice and suggestions most of the information you have given is accurate about the field and tech market as of late.

We are now on year 3 of Tech Layoffs. A SIEM engineer has gathered data that suggests that over 21,000 employees were laid off in the month of January 2024. That is about 840 jobs list per day or annualized 300,000 based on his findings from one Data Source.

In 2022, tech has lost 164,00 jobs
In 2023, tech has lost 240,000 jobs.
In 2024, based on the predictions above if staying consistent per day that would be over 300,000.

A Tech constantl agency Janco Associates states only 700 jobs were created in 2023.

For my employment so far has been nothing but 90 day to 6 months contracts.

What are your thoughts on what's happening above?

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 22, 2023
Hi Eva,

Let me just say that the content within this thread has helped me tremendously based on your advice and suggestions most of the information you have given is accurate about the field and tech market as of late.

We are now on year 3 of Tech Layoffs. A SIEM engineer has gathered data that suggests that over 21,000 employees were laid off in the month of January 2024. That is about 840 jobs list per day or annualized 300,000 based on his findings from one Data Source.

In 2024, based on the predictions above if staying consistent per day that would be over 300,000.

A Tech constantl agency Janco Associates states only 700 jobs were created in 2023.

Though news media is a very bad source of information, their seems to be a trend still of layoffs and it doesn't appear to be slowing down.
Sorry I couldn't contact the ChatGPT think tank :(

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 22, 2023
I apologize for any confusion. I'm here to help clarify any questions or concerns you may have. Please feel free to ask me anything related to the topic, and I'll do my best to provide a detailed response.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I apologize for any confusion. I'm here to help clarify any questions or concerns you may have. Please feel free to ask me anything related to the topic, and I'll do my best to provide a detailed response.

A Tech consultant agency Janco Associates states only 700 jobs were created in 2023.

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 22, 2023

A Tech consultant agency Janco Associates states only 700 jobs were created in 2023.

It appears that you are concerned about the high number of layoffs in the tech industry and the short-term nature of your employment contracts. It is indeed unfortunate to see such trends, and it can create uncertainty and instability for individuals in the industry.

The numbers you mentioned illustrate the scale of the issue, with significant job losses in the tech sector over the past few years. However, it's important to note that these figures can vary and may not capture the entire picture of the industry. Economic conditions, market demands, technological advancements, and various other factors can contribute to fluctuations in the job market.

In such a situation, it is crucial to proactively adapt and invest in your skills, knowledge, and experience to remain competitive. Consider pursuing continuous learning, certifications, or specialized training in areas that are in high demand or forecasted to grow in the tech industry. Networking and building connections within the industry can also help you discover new opportunities and expand your professional network.

While it can be challenging to navigate through uncertain times, staying informed, being adaptable, and continuously working on personal and professional development can position you for success in the long term. Remember that the tech industry is dynamic, and new opportunities may arise, even in the face of challenges.

If you have any specific concerns or questions related to your situation or the tech industry in general, feel free to share, and I'll do my best to provide guidance.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
It appears that you are concerned about the high number of layoffs in the tech industry and the short-term nature of your employment contracts. It is indeed unfortunate to see such trends, and it can create uncertainty and instability for individuals in the industry.

The numbers you mentioned illustrate the scale of the issue, with significant job losses in the tech sector over the past few years. However, it's important to note that these figures can vary and may not capture the entire picture of the industry. Economic conditions, market demands, technological advancements, and various other factors can contribute to fluctuations in the job market.

In such a situation, it is crucial to proactively adapt and invest in your skills, knowledge, and experience to remain competitive. Consider pursuing continuous learning, certifications, or specialized training in areas that are in high demand or forecasted to grow in the tech industry. Networking and building connections within the industry can also help you discover new opportunities and expand your professional network.

While it can be challenging to navigate through uncertain times, staying informed, being adaptable, and continuously working on personal and professional development can position you for success in the long term. Remember that the tech industry is dynamic, and new opportunities may arise, even in the face of challenges.

If you have any specific concerns or questions related to your situation or the tech industry in general, feel free to share, and I'll do my best to provide guidance.
I was just curious really. Lol thanks Eva. Not concerned anymore ^^.

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 22, 2023
I was just curious really. Lol thanks Eva.
You're welcome! I'm glad I could provide some information and assistance. If you have any more questions or if there's anything else I can help you with, feel free to reach out. Good luck in your tech endeavors!

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
You're welcome! I'm glad I could provide some information and assistance. If you have any more questions or if there's anything else I can help you with, feel free to reach out. Good luck in your tech endeavors!
How are you liking the Fastlane Forum Eva?

Bummer, this is cool though.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
May 9, 2021
Yeah, layoffs and current market is no joke.
Noticing a slowdown of recruiters shoving random cruddy jobs my way. Now it's either bad contracts or outright life-endangering stuff.

It sucks because there's no easy way to jump, but in a way I'm glad it's this difficult, could very well be a sign that the age of relying on jobs is ending, and the time to focus your own skills or build a business engine are here.

What ever you do, don't give up and don't get played Mr. Sprague.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Yeah, layoffs and current market is no joke.
Noticing a slowdown of recruiters shoving random cruddy jobs my way. Now it's either bad contracts or outright life-endangering stuff.

It sucks because there's no easy way to jump, but in a way I'm glad it's this difficult, could very well be a sign that the age of relying on jobs is ending, and the time to focus your own skills or build a business engine are here.

What ever you do, don't give up and don't get played Mr. Sprague.
When I started this thread, my mindset was terrible. I freaked out more than I was positive. I now believe that their's still opportunity within the calamity looking at another perspective. If it wasn't for MJ's video, I'd probably still have that negative mindset.

In a way such events can help you learn what uncertainty and discomfort are. I'll never give up man, but we do all get those days from time to time of giving up.

You just kinda get use to bad life events, and just say "Okay what's next?" and solve that problem. It just becomes a part of the norm.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.