The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What you like about the book

wealthyliving

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jul 15, 2013
Put here comments and what you like about the MJ's book, The Fastlane Millionaire.

--------------

I like the way MJ explains everything from society beliefs/status-quo to the different roadmaps to wealth. This book seems to capture everything and explain it all in the right light. If you haven't read the book yet, and you've been thinking about a way to wealth, this book will tell you everything you need to know and more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
478%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Ok, I'll bite.

I like that the book is written to "teach a man to fish, rather than give a man a fish". The last 2 books I read tried to "give me a fish" (easy get rich quick ideas...that are full of it). After reading MJ's book, you can tell the difference in about 2 seconds.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I was an oddball child. I was into weird stuff, I was always picked on, I never fit in.

As I matured, I discovered I thought 'jobs' were pointless. No matter how I did the math, even if I got 3 fulltime jobs simultaneously, I could never live the life I wanted, and that I SAW other people living. I read MJs book, and felt at home. I felt "this is somebody that GETS it, somebody that shares how I feel about the world".

But, the book was much more than that. Past the general worldview... this book talked about NUMBERS!

I do a lot of research into the world around me. I'm a hobbyist magician. I used to hang out with stage hypnotists, pickpockets, psychics, sideshow performers. I know there's what 'appears' to be true, and what IS true.

If you can deconstruct something into a formula, for me, that's an ultimate proof. It's one thing to say that entrepreneurship is a better path than employment, it's another thing to show the formula which proves success.

That's what I enjoy about the book... it's not just another mindset book.. there's numbers, formulas, and proofs involved. It steps out of the hypothetical and into the practical.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
It just made sense and opened my eyes to "the other side." While I am nowhere near Fastlane yet, it changed my mindset in that I should start thinking different ways. Like above said, it involves numbers/formulas and they make sense. I've heard of entrepreneurs yada yada, and never really considered myself one; even though I've always wanted to go against the grain and do my own thing. Just changed the way I need to view things in my past, my present, and my future. :thankyousign:

wealthyliving

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jul 15, 2013
I was an oddball child. I was into weird stuff, I was always picked on, I never fit in.

As I matured, I discovered I thought 'jobs' were pointless. No matter how I did the math, even if I got 3 fulltime jobs simultaneously, I could never live the life I wanted, and that I SAW other people living. I read MJs book, and felt at home. I felt "this is somebody that GETS it, somebody that shares how I feel about the world".

I am totally on the same boat as you. As a child, I was always into saving money and not consuming much. I would always be wondering why my parents would be buying so many things that they DIDN'T NEED. I always thought the way to get rich was to just work and save up. After getting a couple mediocre jobs and not lasting long in any of them (and yes, even MLM), I quickly came to know that working at jobs was just not the way to get rich. I wanted to know more answers. I knew there had to be SOMETHING else out there.

MJ really brought out everything and explained what I was witnessing in the world. He explained everything from what the average people were doing to what the rich people were doing. This book really did hit home to me as well. It confirmed my doubts about the "average ways" and opened up a whole new path for me. Everything made sense now.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
There are lots of things that make TMF a stand-out book when compared to others in its genre. And if there's a way of sharing notes/annotations you made in a Kindle file, I'm happy to share them here. But for now...

What particularly grabbed me from the beginning was that MJ writes "like one of the guys". Books like Think and Grow Rich are good, but they read like a textbook. TMF reads like MJ is sitting across the table from you, giving you straight, no-bullshit advice.

TMF is a book a lot of people can relate to. From the beginning, you learn that wealth isn't about being that town superhero with the grades, athleticism, etc. It's about working hard and following a proven formula.

It's also worth noting that you are likely to take a lot more away from the book the second time you read it. As soon as I read the last page, I skipped back to the beginning and started again.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I'll bite too.

The best thing about the book is the author not being afraid to potrait his philosophy as facts. I digg the 'i dont care if you get hurt, this is how I see X'-approach. I wish more authors/motivational speakers/coaches where like that. The kick in the but approach > Sweet coating stuff.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Reinforced my beliefs on why most business owners never hit their "number".

Besides a lack of need... their way of doing business contain mathematical impossibilities of ever hitting those numbers with their current approaches; helped me understand scale and hitting big numbers much more clearly. First book I read to do that. Frameworks were very useful. Generally would have taken years to put those together so it cuts the learning curve immensely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.