The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante's "Mind Your Business" Radio Show

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
*** FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NEW TO THE THREAD, I WOULD SKIP UP to the 2020 entry in post #519 (page 18) and start reading from there. The show was originally launched in 2014, but there was a LONG break and the early content is no longer available. Skip up to post #519 and catch up from there. Not much value in the old content before 2020! - Dave ***

We have a pretty fun announcement that I have been working on for quite a while. The project will involve several members from the forum.

The announcement will be made later this week on a Facebook page that has been set up.

Please head on over to https://www.facebook.com/mybusinesslive and LIKE the page in order to be amongst the first to get the announcement.

Thanks. - Vigilante

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wow.

I just had the opportunity to share this podcast with someone who needed it.

This is the most REAL piece of my story I have ever released.

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/o...4/mind-your-business-is-college-the-13032812/

Skip up and start listening from 25:20 to the end.

If you want to hear my story. If you think you're done. If you don't know where to start.

I will get this podcast going again at some point, but if I never do another show again, my legacy is recorded for you in this link starting at minute 25.

When I hear it, it takes me directly into looking into a dark abyss that many of you are looking at today.

I hope this podcast gives you encouragement to press through.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There'd be nobody left to shit on everyone's plans...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The first "broadcast" of the show will be released tomorrow (Saturday) at noon central time.

Our first guest was the FastlaneForum's own @Likwid24 and the story about his creation of The Paint Brush Cover.

Starting at noon central time on Saturday, you will be able to stream the show worldwide every Saturday. This first show was a little rougher then a polished, professional show would be… but as we get the kinks out the show will become smoother and easier on the ears.

Sal was a terrific first guest, taking us all the way from the creation of his business to the most recent announcement of the Home Depot national rollout in January 2015.

Bookmark this site as it will be the homepage for the podcasts/broadcasts every Saturday. You will see the "Mind Your Business" logo appear tomorrow at noon central time when the first show is ready for release. Post your comments, suggestions, and criticisms in this thread here at the Fastlane forum.

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/pages/podcasts.html?desktop=true&desktopviewduration=72000

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We are six weeks in and we are the number one rated podcast on the Twin Cities affiliate of Clear Channel Communications. We are in the process of greatly expanding distribution with iTunes and Android platforms added in the last two weeks. We are in the hunt right now for sponsors that will unlock some resources for national "syndication" and expanded resources.

As it pertains to the name, we are playing to win. So, ultimately the name won't cause any confusion because we are going to be the dominant player in new media in entrepreneurial content. However, on iTunes we did intentionally select the "training" category because it will be easier to rise to the number one position then other categories where there are existing,long-standing entrenched players. Since were pretty much taking egotistical approach that we can do whatever the hell we want, we are going to "own" the name.

KLaw I didn't see your question earlier, but now reading your responses I don't give a F*ck. I'm not a chimp that responds by clapping when you insert a quarter. There's a reason our producer has chosen to end every episode with the song that he has.

We've had several thousand downloads to date but need several thousand more in order to secure the national sponsors we want. However, six episodes in, we have greatly exceeded Clear Channel's expectations.

Next weeks show is going to be pretty raw. No guests, and heavy content. A few people from here on the forum asked for a discussion on how to battle through adversity. Next week show is going to be about as real as it gets…as I am going to take you into the depths of my personal journey to the darkest of days. If you've ever felt like you can't go on, like life has given you the short end of the stick, or if you're at rock bottom and don't know how to move forward… Please listen to the show next week. You're going to hear the story that I've never spoken about publicly before. I'm going to take you directly into the worst day of my life, and show you how to emerge from the ashes.

For anybody that thinks that I am doing this show for myself, please don't listen next week. With what I'm about to do, haters aren't invited to this raw discussion. I am going to this personal and emotional place purely for the benefit of the downtrodden, the frustrated, and the hopeless to show you that there is hope. You guys ask me for a segment on how to persevere, and I am to give you more honesty then you asked for.

Talk with you all next Saturday…wish me luck. Not an easy topic.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante , Any plans of ever bringing back the podcast? There is a real lack of good business podcasts out there right now.

Yes, I revived a 2 year old thread.

100% but I have to wait a bit. Clear Channel / IHeartMedia will produce it again. I have a lot to talk about.

I really want it to be a Saturday morning radio show during what the media company considers garbage time that I think I can turn into revenue on a national basis. The reason I want Saturday morning as I think that working Joes would tune in for a mental break from their nine-to-five. If it were a Show vs. dedicated podcast we could have live call-in and today it's still more attractive to National advertisers. Every single episode would then be podcast for on demand.

I know I can get them to do the podcast, and produce it. It's just convincing them to see my vision of the Saturday morning National syndicated show. You really don't need syndication anymore in the old school fashion because once it is broadcasting live the iheartmedia app makes it streamable nationwide.

Thanks for your note. It is already on the table. It would be most excellent to resurrect this thread when it happens.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Looks like Saturday at noon (central time) is when we will be able to post the update to the Facebook site. Thanks to all of you for jumping over there and liking the Facebook page. I am an old(er) and crotchety guy, as many of you know. I don't get excited about much any more.

I am excited about this. We have a great chance to help a lot of people. Stay tuned. Saturday looks like the day we will make the announcement.

http://www.facebook.com/mybusinesslive

If I am fortunate enough to get selected to speak at the Fastlane conference in February, I will spend a few minutes talking about how we got this deal done. So, conference attendees will get the real inside scoop.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Dont know the source of this quote, but:

"You either make money on facebook, or you are on facebook."

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We're getting ready to lay down the audio for Saturday's podcast. I am organizing my thoughts onto paper. The only reason I am doing this is for someone else who is broken and needs hope. I am going to read a fair amount of it so I don't get lost in the emotion.

It's very personal. It takes me back into a very dark window of time. I am not sure I want to go there again, but I am also thinking after all these years it might be therapeutic. So, we'll do it.

If you want a polished, professional entertainer, don't listen on Saturday. That ain't me. If you want a glimpse into the catalyst for my current success, then you have to peer into the dark hole that I started from in order to understand it.

You can hear it Saturday. Bits and pieces of it have been shared on the forum, but I have never talked about this publicly before.

So... here we go. If one single person out there can be lifted up by realizing you can crash and burn and survive... it will have been worth it. I will talk with you all on Saturday.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So you know that this Saturday is the Walmart episode.

By popular opinion (and maybe against my better judgment) the following week the guest on the Mind Your Business Show will be...

@Kak himself (by popular request).

It will be a freewheeling discussion, covering a myriad of topics. Kyle and I talk regularly, and we'll have to work on a profanity filter for this (do I have a dump button?)

You can sit in like a fireside chat as we go through a bunch of topics. We'll talk about life, marriage, entrepreneurs, I will get Kyle to tell me about some key advice from his Dad, the economy in a post Covid era, his KILL BIGGER coaching program, and a few other random topics I will spring on him. We're doing it unfiltered and without a net. It will certainly be longer than my planned half hour.

Will I bring up the time he broke us through an airport car turnstile in a rental car? Will he talk about the time he stole his own merchandise from UPS? How about the time he gave @JAJT an Opus X Cigar at my house and made Jason sick? What business(es) is Kyle working on now? What business(es) does he think WE should be working on?

It's sure to be entertaining. I will need some advil. Tune in a week from Saturday to hear @Kak on the Mind Your Business Radio Show.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Update : We are working on the technology side of the Spreaker platform for the re-launch of Mind Your Business. We're targeting next Saturday for the first pre-recorded show, but I will update you here when everything is set. This may drift by a week, but I will let you know for sure later this week. And, since it's going to be media on demand, you'll be able to catch it when ever.

What I CAN tell you is that we've lined up the first guest for the first new show.

Stephen Hilgart (@Kung Fu Steve) advises and consults with Fortune 500 companies, executives, managers and sales professionals in the areas of Peak Performance, leadership, organizational behavior, psychology of achievement, and sales. Steve has started, build, and sold 3 successful businesses and created a unique “rags to riches” story that has inspired thousands. He now tours nationally and speaks to corporations about strategy, motivation, organizational and individual change.

I asked Steve to speak with us about "how to survive and thrive through times of adversity." We'll talk through some practical tools to overcoming fear and maintaining mental strength during hard times. Expect to gain some refreshment through Steve's unique and positive coaching strategies and positive energy. This just might be the 30 minutes you need(ed) to overcome challenges, both real and psychological, to get you heading towards your next mountaintop.

Also, I expect to be able to make a special announcement at the end of the first show about a collaboration between Mind Your Business, @MJ DeMarco and the Fa$tlane Forum.

Stay tuned for the actual show release announcement later this week, and make sure to Mind Your Business - Dave

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Mind Your Business was picked up by another podcast platform today. Welcome to the distribution network JioSaavn. JioSaavn (formerly known as Saavn & JioMusic) is the Indian online music streaming service and a digital distributor of Bollywood, English and other regional Indian music across the world. On 23 March 2018, Saavn announced merger with JioMusic in a deal worth more than $1 billion. The merger was completed in December 2018, with Saavn being rebranded JioSaavn. You can now hear the Mind Your Business show across the JioSaavn network here :

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I propose that MJ's book is more critical to the entrepreneur than Shark Tank.

Why? Shark Tank is awesome, but in-actionable for all but the select few that make it through the gauntlet. It's great to cast vision and hope, but people need real action steps. That's why the Millionaire Fastlane resonates. That's why he met a need with value in the roadmap he wrote. Shark Tank merely demonstrates the pent up energy that entrepreneurs, wantepreneurs, and Fastlaners have. Over 70% of people hate their 9 to 5. Everyone has an "idea." Few know what to do with them.

People recognize there has to be a better way. MJ illuminated a paradigm shift in the Millionaire Fastlane . An actionable, replicatable thought process.

BTW, MJ and the forum are not directly involved, nor does he endorse it. It's not part of the forum, or endorsed by the forum. Viperion is not involved. He's aware of what is happening, and will be a participant but I just wanted to ensure that everyone is clear that he's not driving it or directly involved.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
One of the interesting things we learned along the way is that most of the Saturday morning programming on radio stations nationwide is exactly that, paid infomercials. Real estate teams, financial advisors... they're buying time on radio stations (both state and nationally) to hawk their wares under the ruse of a radio show. There really isn't a news/talk radio show that airs Saturday mornings that is a destination for entrepreneurs. Some great sports radio, and a heck of a lot of paid infomercials masquerading as talk radio shows.

The nice part of our value proposition is exactly the opposite of "shows" and podcasts hawking/selling shit. We offer no "programs," aren't even really interested in plugging products from our unrelated businesses, and will be picking guests based solely on their ability to add value to us collectively as a group of entrepreneurs.

We have nothing to sell, and nothing for sale. When we have an author on, it's because the author kicks a$$. We're working on a few national sponsors, but sponsors that add value to the entrepreneur. I am mostly interested in sponsors that I would like to talk about on the air whether they were sponsors or not. Regus and Fedex Office are examples of two sponsors that would be awesome, because they have a bit role in the life of an entrepreneur.

The biggest concern for me is not dropping an f-bomb on the air. While it may make for compelling radio, it will also significantly shorten our tenure. If we're a train wreck, at least you will have a front row seat!

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Alright, fans and haters!

The first Mind Your Business Live show is available to stream from our media host, Twin Cities News Talk.

Please head on over to http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/o...-55424/mind-your-business-episode-1-12894486/

and check out the maiden voyage of the new show.

Come back here to the Fastlane Forum and leave your comments, ideas, and criticisms here in this thread.

Thanks for giving it a shot. I hope we become a regular part of your Saturday mornings. - Vigilante

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I am interested in your perception, but more interested in your wife's comments. Please elaborate.
So that's a great question, Vigilante. Let me try and answer as best as I can.

Basically, I've been on this journey towards the FastLane (or independence, however one styles it) since I first read TMF early last spring. For the first part of that journey, it was literally "I" and not "We." But because I love and honor my Wife, I've been slowly working on her. Bit by bit, perception change by perception change.

She'd see me reading a book, and ask what it was ("Ultimate Sales Machine," or "TMF ," (again), or "The Lean Startup," or "The Little Red Book of Selling," and so on). I'd tell her and I'd get a "Hmm" in response.

Or she would listen to me talk about how these Real People on the Internet (who happen to post at TFLF) had done it: left employed slavery and made it on their own. Whether in Real Estate, or Software, or Ecomm, or whatever and that there was nothing stopping US from doing the same. Her response? "Hmmm"

Then we made the move from employed physician to Independent Contracting with a HUGE increase in money and more important to her, TIME.

Lots of Shark Tank and The Profit.

Then we launched the software startup. About this time the "I" became "We."

She's seen me getting up at 4 and 5 AM every morning so that I can work on the startup before the kids get up.

Then I was invited to speak at the meetup next month. That shocked her.

Then she listened in on the conversation where I told my ex-partner just how ridiculous his ideas, work ethic, and valuation was and how he didn't know the first thing about entrepreneurship. And that we were done as an entity.

And then she heard you quote me on the show. I told her all about your story, and she said to me,

"Holy COW. You really HAVE changed! We've really changed! And these people have helped us get there."
So anyway, while she isn't a podcast listener, she does like to have it streaming in the house on the weekends now. And she went and got our teen the Shark Tank book (which he's actually reading), and he's come around to me saying, "So Dad, when are we going to do an e-commerce thing?"

Bottom line: this podcast is pure GOLD for people like myself a year ago. At that early stage (and hah! Probably at this point for me too) your non-FLF listeners don't know enough in general so the varied themes are probably wonderful for them.

Thanks for the show man.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
►►Special Announcement : Mind Your Business is Back On The Air◄◄

After the longest sabbatical in history, the Mind Your Business small business show with David Happe will be back with on demand media starting Saturday morning, May 6th.

We'll be podcasting and occasionally live broadcasting on the Spreaker app on iOS and Android, and you will be able to listen on Spotify, TuneIN, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or directly from the Spreaker App on your phone every Saturday.

Tune in Saturday mornings starting Saturday, May 6th around 11AM Eastern, 8AM Pacific.

You can follow the show for updates at Mind Your Business

We will obviously post the links here until MJ either becomes a sponsor or makes me buy an ad. :)

#mybradio #mindyourbusiness #MYBlive #iHeartRadio

Mind Your Business

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Why does it say it’s exclusive on their network?

Maybe they are planning on topping the Joe Rogan $100,000,000 Spotify offer. If Rogan is worth $100m, I am likely worth $110m, but will probably sign with Apple or iHeart in the final negotiation.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am at a loss for words. When I started the Mind Your Business radio show, I hoped to make a difference for people. Just a few short weeks ago, our family privately was excited about the first 25 downloads, then 50. It was a big deal when we crossed over 100.

Today, due in part to some things really catching momentum on the JioSaavn international platform, we will have over 500 downloads ---just for today - maybe more. 500 in one day?

I'm honored. Excited. A little freaked out as I am completely unprepared for this, but with deep appreciation I will spend some time next week figuring out how to drive even more content into your hands. You all deserve my best possible effort.

Thank you for listening. - Dave

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Reminder that today at 12PM Central time, you can check out Rachel's interview with @StephenKey.

You can catch the show starting at noon today at http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/media/podcast-mind-your-business-mindyourbusiness/

P
lease share that link with your friends today. Stephen Key's message is accessible to almost anyone. If you have $65 plus enough money to buy Stephen's book One Simple Idea, you can start down the path towards licensing your idea(s) to companies that will pay you to rent your ideas.

Also, a quick cheat sheet for you on trademarks, service marks, and copyrights from the start of the show:
✔ Protect your brand with a ™, for free. You can simply start using it on brands and slogans. Check out Skype's logo. They've never bothered to register it. They don't need to, and neither do you under most circumstances.

✔ Protect your services with a ℠ , for free. Like a trademark, but specifically to protect service brands and service slogans. Start using it, and you technically are not required to register it in order for it to effectively protect you.

✔ Protect your written work with a ©, for free. We use copyright protection on all images and advertising copy blocks. You don't need to register your copyrights, but consistently using the copyright message is an effective way to protect your online intellectual property. It, tied together with a cease and desist letter, are effective 99% of the time in stopping hacks from knocking off your photos and copy blocks.

✔ Protect your idea with a provisional patent for $65 total
1. Get a free account from RocketLawyer.com (7 day free trial!)
2. Print provisional patent documents using RocketLawyers Patent Wizard
3. File with the USPTO as a micro entity for just $65.

If you have any specific questions as to any of the above, you can email us at live@myb.media and we'll answer every single question. Note that nobody on our team are lawyers, so we don't dispense legal advice. If you have hard core intellectual property questions, a trademark/patent attorney is the best resource for you. Also, NOLO has some excellent books they publish on these subjects.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have to give a special shout out for the show with @Kung Fu Steve

I would consider myself a big optimist about what I am building. What I am capable of...

HOWEVER...

I have an EXTREMELY pessimistic side as well. One thing that particularly stood out to me was Steve's optimistic take on almost everything Dave threw his way... It took a few days to unpack it for me, but I would say it left a lasting impact.

Here I am, often angered by what I see in the world. I am, for all intents and purposes, blinded to opportunity by this anger. I have come to the fact that it does me NO GOOD to dwell on the negative things in this world... Why? Because being frustrated doesn’t fix problems.

This is NOT to say my belief system has changed AT ALL. HELL NO... But I am doing better not letting it eat me alive.

In this last week... I have looked at everything through a glass half full lens. I know it wasn't the point of the show... But man did it have a nice effect on me. I’ll probably live longer quite frankly.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's my take on Facebook. Social media has become an integral part of marketing. As you brand build, it has become mandatory to have a Facebook presence. Media companies are heavily using both Facebook and Twitter to directly reach and dialogue with customers.

I totally get the people who dropped out of Facebook. However, you might want to think about it as a business presence only. You don't even need to necessarily include friends and family in your social networking (although they can be a great multiplier.)

Facebook is absurd. It's over encroaching, treads on personal liberty, and fosters drama. However, I am finding for business and networking purposes, it is a critical evil.

I keep all of my personal business relationships on LinkedIn only. I keep friends and family on Facebook only, and the two don't intertwine. My business contacts don't really need to know when I am posting pics from Hawaii.

I have just started to engage in Twitter, as the new media requires it. Fans of media companies tend to engage on Twitter more than Facebook (although they will engage you on both simultaneously.) So, I am dragging myself into the Twitter universe.

I am thankful for the few that engaged in Facebook to see what we are up to specifically. We won't disappoint you. A few people in this thread have already uncovered a few coded clues as to what we're embarking on. And we will be able to take you all along for the ride with us in an interactive way.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The next few weeks will feature MJ DeMarco (next weekend), Stephen Key (two weeks from now), a senior executive from Amazon.com talking about the Amazon marketplace, and more. It's been fun to put this together (and more work than we thought it would be!).

We're not media pros, so it comes off a bit rough... but what the hell. We have a good message, some hopefully entertaining content, and certainly guests worth listening to.

Thanks for checking it out tomorrow. We hope it is solid enough to give you something you can use for your own initiatives.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Who is pumped to listen to MJ next Saturday on Mind Your Business?

fastlanePictorial1.gif

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The first concept I ever took away from MJ (and Tim Ferriss) is to detach money from income. Yesterday I sat at the track and bet on horses while money continued flowing in.

It's not that you then don't ever have to work.... it's just that you can then work from where ever, when ever, and however.

My biggest take away from the Millionaire Fast Lane is to be able to detach time from income --- sets you free.

I work from Hawaii, work from the track, work from home, and work from my office. And while I am not working, the cash is still flowing in. 24-7. My business is active when I am there, and passive when I am not.

Bricklayers only make money while they are laying bricks.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Reminder that today at 12PM Central time, you can check out Rachel's interview with @StephenKey.

You can catch the show starting at noon today at http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/media/podcast-mind-your-business-mindyourbusiness/

P
lease share that link with your friends today. Stephen Key's message is accessible to almost anyone. If you have $65 plus enough money to buy Stephen's book One Simple Idea, you can start down the path towards licensing your idea(s) to companies that will pay you to rent your ideas.

Also, a quick cheat sheet for you on trademarks, service marks, and copyrights from the start of the show:
✔ Protect your brand with a ™, for free. You can simply start using it on brands and slogans. Check out Skype's logo. They've never bothered to register it. They don't need to, and neither do you under most circumstances.

✔ Protect your services with a ℠ , for free. Like a trademark, but specifically to protect service brands and service slogans. Start using it, and you technically are not required to register it in order for it to effectively protect you.

✔ Protect your written work with a ©, for free. We use copyright protection on all images and advertising copy blocks. You don't need to register your copyrights, but consistently using the copyright message is an effective way to protect your online intellectual property. It, tied together with a cease and desist letter, are effective 99% of the time in stopping hacks from knocking off your photos and copy blocks.

✔ Protect your idea with a provisional patent for $65 total
1. Get a free account from RocketLawyer.com (7 day free trial!)
2. Print provisional patent documents using RocketLawyers Patent Wizard
3. File with the USPTO as a micro entity for just $65.

If you have any specific questions as to any of the above, you can email us at live@myb.media and we'll answer every single question. Note that nobody on our team are lawyers, so we don't dispense legal advice. If you have hard core intellectual property questions, a trademark/patent attorney is the best resource for you. Also, NOLO has some excellent books they publish on these subjects.

Changing my opinion on trademarks.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-app.../reduced-fees-teas-application-filing-options

for $225 now, you can register a trademark directly with the USPTO. $225 to sleep better at night.

I am changing my formal position from NEVER to AS SOON AS ECONOMICALLY POSSIBLE regarding to switching from a ™ to a®

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I mean, I wasn’t going to ask...

But if you’ve got a slow week and need a local entrepreneur...

I also do NOT have a radio voice. So be warned if your ratings plummet.

I do not have a good radio voice either, but people care about content. I do have a face for radio though.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Just finished the podcast.

Loved it!

The worst day statement really hit home for me.

My worst day was 2 years ago. Gambling problem. Maxed out credit cards. Overdraft. Not a single penny to my name (facts). -$500 checking account. Obese.

I looked in the mirror, I was disgusted. What have I become? I was such a happy kid growing up. Smart. High grades. Wanted to be a doctor. Now look at me. I'm betting $20 on Russian soccer teams I've never heard of because I can't stop the urge.

That was the turning point for me. Enough was enough. The rest is history.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For those of you that will be listening to the Mind Your Business show today at 11AM Eastern, this is the picture I talk about. On my first day of employment at Walmart corporate office, they had me sign the wall. This is a photo of the wall I signed.

You can catch the Mind Your Business radio this morning after 11AM Eastern on your favorite podcast network, or you can stream it or download it directly at 11AM Eastern from

https://www.spreaker.com/show/mind-your-business_2

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.