The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Video] How I made an app and sold it for $65,000 last year

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Hey!

Last year I made a post about selling my first AI app after learning to code a couple of months earlier.

I learned video editing 2 weeks ago and turned the story into a video:

(Don't mind the cringe-ish guru thumbnail, kind of mandatory on Youtube now)

I would still HIGHLY recommend reading the original post and the links tho, lots of good behind the scene and details

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Amazing story! Well done.

MichelleWood

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 28, 2023
Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations! Love that you didn't wait until you were a master at code and just went for it. This is an awesome example of execution now, correct along the way!

Btw how did you learn to edit videos? It's something I've had on my list for a while but has always felt time consuming.

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Congratulations! Love that you didn't wait until you were a master at code and just went for it. This is an awesome example of execution now, correct along the way!

Btw how did you learn to edit videos? It's something I've had on my list for a while but has always felt time consuming.
My first real app was a complete mess, but still managed to make sales from it! You don't need to be an expert, just be good enough

For editing, yes it's incredibly time-consuming, I worked +14h/day most days to learn. I took this course: https://bringyourownlaptop.com to learn the basics them analyzed tons of videos I liked

Felix Nachem

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 5, 2022
Switzerland
This is gold.

About the payments, I saw in the fastlane beginner guide that you should make your LLC when you made your first sale.

Did you register yours before that or after that?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hey!

Last year I made a post about selling my first AI app after learning to code a couple of months earlier.

I would still HIGHLY recommend reading the original post and the links tho, lots of good behind the scene and details
You learnt video editing in two weeks?

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Apr 9, 2020
France
This is gold.

About the payments, I saw in the fastlane beginner guide that you should make your LLC when you made your first sale.

Did you register yours before that or after that?
Yes, I had my company already :)

LLC in the US is pretty easy, fill the paperwork, pay $300 then open a Mercury/Wise Bank account

cmh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Feb 2, 2024
Texas
Very cool video and thread. I have a couple of questions for you:

What service did you use to deal with user registration and logins?

What frameworks and such did you use to build the app this quickly?

I have been looking into prototyping an idea I have with Bootstrap + third party authentication like Auth0, but have been out of the programming game for a while and not sure if this is the best path.

Dallas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 19, 2019
I was just watching this video on YouTube 15 minutes ago. I somehow stumbled onto TFLF and clicked on the SaaS tab, then saw your post. Wild how everything is connected.

Great job, nonetheless.

Felix Nachem

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 5, 2022
Switzerland
Yes, I had my company already :)

LLC in the US is pretty easy, fill the paperwork, pay $300 then open a Mercury/Wise Bank account
Yeah Ik in my country(Switzerland) you are F*cked when you want to open a LLC. You need a start capital of $20'000 to open one or the other option is register a sole proprietorship :(

Happeep

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 7, 2024
Hey!

What a journey! Congratulations!

Can you talk about your coding learning journey? I'd really love to learn.
What language and software did you learn? Did you take any courses? And what app did you use to build the app? And when do you feel like you are good enough to create your app?

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Very cool video and thread. I have a couple of questions for you:

What service did you use to deal with user registration and logins?

What frameworks and such did you use to build the app this quickly?

I have been looking into prototyping an idea I have with Bootstrap + third party authentication like Auth0, but have been out of the programming game for a while and not sure if this is the best path.
- I coded all the auth system myself, took me 1-2 days to understand how it works but now I can just copy/paste it into any new app
- Back then I didn't used any, all in JS/HTML/CSS, but now I use Nuxt + Tailwind, much much faster!

This doesn't mean this is the best way, use what works best for you. If you know how to use Bootstrap, use it, goal is to get something out asap!

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Apr 9, 2020
France
I was just watching this video on YouTube 15 minutes ago. I somehow stumbled onto TFLF and clicked on the SaaS tab, then saw your post. Wild how everything is connected.

Great job, nonetheless.
Seems like the YT algo knows how to recommend

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Apr 9, 2020
France
What a journey! Congratulations!

Can you talk about your coding learning journey? I'd really love to learn.
What language and software did you learn? Did you take any courses? And what app did you use to build the app? And when do you feel like you are good enough to create your app?
Thanks a lot!

I will make a video about it, but in the meantime, I wrote everything there: Nico Jeannen - Entrepreneur

Languages, courses, etc, everything is in there. Also LOTS of stuff if you check my fastlane links (actually most of the blog post is from the fastlane forum, I just compiled it on my blog)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Yeah Ik in my country(Switzerland) you are F*cked when you want to open a LLC. You need a start capital of $20'000 to open one or the other option is register a sole proprietorship :(

You don't need an LLC in Europe. Plenty of small businesses operate as sole proprietorships. Don't use it as an excuse because it doesn't matter.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.