The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trainers, Wellness, Physicians need your opinion

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
If you are a personal trainer, physician, chiropractor, nutritionist or similar dude/dudette I could use some help, actually I would take opinions from anybody. My website http://healthpush.com is not getting the traction I had hoped for. Would love to hear your brutal opinions on what it is missing, or what you perceive the issue is with the offer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Happy to provide some feedback. For context: I'm a licensed clinician (not a physician, but a related discipline) and owner of a small business within the healthcare industry. I've been in business for 12 years now, 85% of revenue is insurance-based clients, 15% is cash paying clients. I do advertise, and have experimented with different forms of advertising over the years.

I'll be brutally honest: I would not advertise with you because your site lacks credibility.

1. It appears that you're trying to cash in on the healthcare industry without knowing the industry or understanding the needs of those within it. When I clicked on the site, it took me a minute to understand what you were talking about with the term "health leads". You would never hear a physician or related healthcare provider talking about "health leads"; we call them "patients" (or maybe "clients").

When you say "you pay to select the leads you want to follow up with", it's not really clear what you mean, but it sounds like I pay you to obtain the contact information for a prospective patient? In my discipline (as well as several related disciplines) there are ethical codes which forbid providers from directly soliciting patients. It's supposed to work the opposite way. But again, it's not clear to me exactly what you mean.

2. Your fees are ridiculously high, given your sites stated purpose. I currently pay $199-300 per YEAR, per site, to be listed on several websites where the specific purpose of that site is to help people locate healthcare providers. Usually these sites add some additional value, like articles on diseases or treatments, etc. Why would I spend 200 per month on a site whose stated purpose is to help people determine their health risks when I can pay 200 a year for a site whose main purpose is to help people find me?

3. There is a huge difference between trainers and physicians, and the site feels too broadly targeted to be useful. The sites I advertise with are dedicated to the specific niche I'm operating in, i.e. either a type of medical problem, or a type of provider. Yours is just broadly targeting healthcare providers or the "wellness industry", and thus it's hard to see how it could benefit me specifically.

4. The ad copy doesn't ring true. Patients are NOT "immediately motivated" to make changes based on taking a test, and anyone who has worked in the healthcare industry knows this. In reality, they take the test and get the results and they may think "I should do something about that" but they don't, at least not right away. People struggle with motivation even after having a heart attack or being diagnosed with diabetes, so it's not plausible that an internet assessment would motivate them to contact me immediately.

Keep in mind you're also competing against free directories. I ask every new patient how they found me, and a good number actually find me through insurance company directories. This is free advertising for me as I don't even have to ask the insurance companies to list me, they do it as a service to their enrollees.

Anyway, I hope that's of some use. Not trying to be harsh, just being realistic.

Last edited:

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I don't want to come across defensive in this, I am just trying to clarify both our thought process and create some discussion to help me beat this into a better process.

In my discipline (as well as several related disciplines) there are ethical codes which forbid providers from directly soliciting patients.

OK, we will tune this phrasing, the person has indicated that they want to be contacted by a provider in their area, so it is not a cold call solicitation. We have struggled with what to call the individual, as some just want to lose weight or have a better diet, that doesn't make them a patient, they aren't clients until they pay you, so we would be calling them potential clients which is just wordy.

your sites stated purpose
What are you perceiving my "sites stated purpose" to be?

I currently pay $199-300 per YEAR, per site, to be listed on several websites where the specific purpose of that site is to help people locate healthcare providers.
Isn't this apples and oranges? You pay your yearly fee for a completely passive advertising system (a billboard), our system is pro-active, if someone is in your area looking for help you can be notified and reach out to the individual within a few minutes of them expressing an interest in getting help.

The sites I advertise with are dedicated to the specific niche I'm operating in, i.e. either a type of medical problem, or a type of provider. Yours is just broadly targeting healthcare providers or the "wellness industry", and thus it's hard to see how it could benefit me specifically.
The other sites provide you with opportunities for people that know exactly what they want or need. What about the guy that has recently started feeling fatigued and gained 10 pounds? He has no idea what he really needs, maybe a trainer, maybe a new diet, etc. People that come to our website are seeking information and now realize that something is not as good as it should be. The wave a flag and ask for somebody to help them. There is not ONE medical solution to most health issues.

Patients are NOT "immediately motivated" to make changes based on taking a test, and anyone who has worked in the healthcare industry knows this.

I will agree to disagree, we have written health assessment software for 20+ years. These users will have taken a test, requested more information and specifically asked to be contacted, so the people you would be connected with ARE looking for change. We will try and figure out how to communicate that in a better way.

Not trying to be harsh, just being realistic.
Not taking this as harsh. Like I said the site is not performing to expectations and I am trying to get my head around it. I work with a number of physicians, trainers and wellness professionals that consistently say they need more business and I am trying to fill that need. I appreciate your comments.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
What are you perceiving my "sites stated purpose" to be?

Sorry, I wasn't too clear about that - I was referring to the part where you say healthstatus.com is "dedicated to helping people easily determine their health and health risks". It appears from that description that connecting with a provider is also an option, but not the primary purpose.

Also, when I go to healthstatus.com, I can see that I can connect with a doctor 24/7, but no info on the landing page about other health providers.

Isn't this apples and oranges? You pay your yearly fee for a completely passive advertising system (a billboard), our system is pro-active, if someone is in your area looking for help you can be notified and reach out to the individual within a few minutes of them expressing an interest in getting help.

It actually works proactively on at least one of the billboard sites I advertise on - people come there looking for help or information, and I get notified through the site if they're interested in me. People don't even have to visit my personal site to get in touch with me. $250 a year.

The other sites provide you with opportunities for people that know exactly what they want or need. What about the guy that has recently started feeling fatigued and gained 10 pounds? He has no idea what he really needs, maybe a trainer, maybe a new diet, etc. People that come to our website are seeking information and now realize that something is not as good as it should be. The wave a flag and ask for somebody to help them. There is not ONE medical solution to most health issues.

Agree with you that there's not one medical solution to many health issues. So how does the guy know whether to choose between dietitian, or trainer, or physician? This would concern me as a potential advertiser on your site, as now I'm not only competing with other health professionals within my own discipline, but also competing with health professionals in other disciplines as well and paying 10-12 times as much as I pay on other sites to do so.

I work with a number of physicians, trainers and wellness professionals that consistently say they need more business and I am trying to fill that need. I appreciate your comments.

I agree, there's a need and a market for what you're offering. And it's probably also true that my experience within my own niche isn't representative of the needs or experiences of other health professionals. Maybe others working within the industry will chime in with additional thoughts here.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Did you violate any of the Google alogrithms?
Are you penalized for any blaovk hat practice you did?
Hope not!

I did not understand the clear purpose of the site. I bounced off in a minute scrolling down and then got in again to see what you actually need.
There is no content apart from the video.

I'd also want to know, if you have any new competition on search engine?
Have crazyegg implemented to see the heatmap of specific pages to know what CTA is working for you. Check if
People are scrolling down to view your content? Are they clicking on you video CTA in the banner?

Can you please pull out a Google Analytics report for us to understand better?
If not, you can

Try to look at the Conversions > Goals > Funnel visualization. It shows the volume of traffic that drops off at each step.

Also, look for Device type conversion rate
Audience > Mobile > Overview
Audience > Technology > Browsers & OS - screen resolution and browser version.

Check for Bounce per landing page
Behavior > Site Content > Landing Pages

Exit Rate per Page
Behavior > Site Content > All Pages - Chart: Performance

Page Load Time
Behavior > Site Speed > Page Timings

If nothing related to the above, you are now trying to drive traffic to your site by simply posting it here in the forum :)

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
@Kevin Peter nothing wrong with my traffic numbers, we are various methods to drive traffic, it is not an SEO play, something is wrong with the OFFER. Physicians, trainers, nutritionists, etc have a need for more individuals (customers, patients, clients) in their practices. We can help with that, but my signups to date have been disappointing.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
So how does the guy know whether to choose between dietitian, or trainer, or physician?
They don't decide, you the professional get to talk to them directly and explain what you can do for them. If you claim the lead it is exclusively yours, your only competition is other professionals in your area that might claim a lead before you do. In the Indianapolis area we generated just over 800 leads in the last 3 months. Since we do charge more than the billboard sites, it is going to be a much more exclusive list of professionals, so your competition is less.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
They don't decide, you the professional get to talk to them directly and explain what you can do for them. If you claim the lead it is exclusively yours, your only competition is other professionals in your area that might claim a lead before you do. In the Indianapolis area we generated just over 800 leads in the last 3 months. Since we do charge more than the billboard sites, it is going to be a much more exclusive list of professionals, so your competition is less.
This post needs to be on the How it works page, otherwise it does seem overpriced and without authority.

Site looks clean though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.