The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thinking About It Too Hard .. Direction Sought?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
WARNING VERY LONG POST AHEAD

Tried to make this as short as possible(Omitted some stuff) Anyways,

I've been having that moment where I feel I'm chasing my tail in a circle not going anywhere far. Young,anxious and ambitious with a burning desire to enter the Fastlane. Basically my days go like this, I wake up drink a tall glass of water come on this forum browse,read,browse,read until maybe 11am (usually wake around 7 30-8) I remember I have to eat, I make a quick sandwich or something and while eating I check out forbes.com, Inc.com and entrepreneur.com, While doing all of this there is a Facebook page I frequent it's basically a blackmarket for Jamaica maybe 3000+ buyers and sellers of everything from a cellphone battery to a house.

I promote my products and try to help my distributors with sales (I've imported products from China visit my blog). I initially started this business to earn money to pay for a provisional patent on an idea I have put hours and hours into researching and making a physical prototype out of clay and paper etc working along side Steven Keys one simple idea book which (likwid) recommended to me but now this "Idea" sits in a Polo Ralph Lauren shoe box filled with notes,stick pads,folders of research,the prototype etc under my bed and also to pay for my trip to B&P which didn't happen as I got a few bad shipments(Faulty Products) which was nothing short of a nightmare for me to even break-even.

I've actually made a few hundreds on my investment for my 1st shipment barely broke even on my 2nd shipment but now i'm on my 3rd shipment which is the LARGEST quantity of products I've ever ordered and seems to be very promising. So far it took me 2 shipments and ALOT of time to find the right products to import to Jamaica. I can't just ship back the faulty products to China because shipping from china to get products in my hands is $200USD and Change which is equivalent to about $20,000JMD. The TIME and money it would take would not be worth it, I've built a very good relationship with my manufacturer so she always tries to make it up in my prior shipments ... Going off topic here :smx4:

I'm 20 years old took a year off before starting my Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (I already have an associate degree) to decide what I really want to do as my grades have fell significantly as I try to balance business,flipping and school, I've never had a Job in my life from age 18 after high school graduation I took on the challenge to become Independent or atleast semi independent(parents only pay for school I don't ask for anything else "money" wise) Moms drowning in debt so I have to be her little soldier and helpout most times sending my ownself to school and at times giving her money to go to work even though she makes a very good annual salary compared to the masses she really messes up in financial intelligence.

I've became the "go to guy" for money amongst all of my WORKING friends and family they come to me asking for loans etc I help out when I can. Lately I've been thinking about my future really really hard and I think I'm not making any headway. I've been reading all these success stories about people making millions overseas and questioning myself, the more I do/see this the more my mind is all over the place, I too have dreams of making millions overseas even though i have no idea how I'm going to get overseas in the 1st place.

In fact i can't tell you whats happening in Jamaica economic wise but I can have a very intelligent conversation about what is happening in the american markets, I even save in US dollars. my quest for "Direction" lead me to almost completing 22/27 pages in the mindset/motivation/choices sub forum. I feel like I'm going through a mid-life crisis. I grasp the Fastlane Idealogy, the wealth formula etc (read the book maybe 4times visit it almost daily). My mind is already trained to see needs(I get ideas in weird places, I'm just always thinking fastlane). I tried to write this post like 5times but didn't bother because I didn't want to sound like a whiny little kid But I just don't know and I feel stuck maybe I'm in over my head or thinking about it too hard or want to get there too fast or Idk ..... Thoughts??

ANYTHING IS APPRECIATED

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
I don't think worrying about 'finding something' helps you. If you get stressed and tense it will stop you from seeing things clearly. Keep working on spotting needs and doing what you're doing. Sooner or later something will hit you right between the eyes. The most important thing is that you are laying the foundation for your success already. Have some faith in yourself that it will come.

And stop giving money to your friends. Your mum, yes, maybe. But do not give a single cent to your friends.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
That really is the most important thing right....I find myself drowning in finances and accounting books and I've stopped doing that for awhile now because I realise they start looking at it as a free "do-over" so to speak because they spend all their money partying and drinking some even smoke while I'm locked up in my room reading

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
That really is the most important thing right....I find myself drowning in finances and accounting books and I've stopped doing that for awhile now because I realise they start looking at it as a free "do-over" so to speak because they spend all their money partying and drinking some even smoke while I'm locked up in my room reading
Forget about them. They're parasites. You need to be completely ruthless with these sort of people. If they are no good to be around then cut them off, don't let them undermine your work. Because that's what they will do and they will destroy everything you are working for. If they are friends worth having they wouldn't expect or ask for money.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Already there my friend

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Just stick with it buddy. You're doing fine. Lots of work to do with little or no reward for the longest time, just recognize it for what it is - the long, hard struggle in the desert.

Every shipment you receive and sell is another lesson. You're on your third lesson now which is a hell of a lot more than most people you know can say. You've got many lessons ahead, but you'll progress with each one.

Keep going until you drop. Then get up and keep going again. I'm really anxious to see you break thru (I'm sure you're more anxious!), so don't give up. We're rooting for you.

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
Hi mate, I find myself in the very same position. Trying to balance school, fastlane education and the social aspects of life at our age are hard.
What's come across me is that there's no point spending time over analyzing and worrying, the worst case scenario we are imagining is probably not going to come about. Tony Robbins (you should check out his stuff) advocates replacing excessive worry with massive action and a plan for the result desired (the fastlane) but be willing to adapt and change approach along the way.
Hang in there bud, I think the fact that we are even thinking like this at our age puts us ahead of most people in terms of being able to hit the fastlane one day!

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Just my 2 cents worth.

Basically my days go like this, I wake up drink a tall glass of water come on this forum browse,read,browse,read until maybe 11am (usually wake around 7 30-8) I remember I have to eat, I make a quick sandwich or something and while eating I check out forbes.com, Inc.com and entrepreneur.com, While doing all of this there is a Facebook page I frequent

Serious? I mean you spend your whole morning reading about other peoples successes, endeavors and failures and you wonder why your not getting anywhere? Look, the only way your going to get in the FASTLANE is to create movement toward the fastlane
I understand that you have been importing some products to sell
I promote my products and try to help my distributors with sales
and if that is the case, why aren't you out knocking on doors every morning instead, to develop the biz? If the product isn't doing it for you for ANY reason, ie: no sales, no product currently available to sell, etc. I would suggest getting out and perhaps looking for other opportunities.
I understand Jamaica is a Third World country but there are so many opportunities even there if you will just open your eyes a bit more. I have been in 18 countries, most of them Third World and there is huge, huge opportunities if you will stop trying to make a buck and just try to meet human needs. Look around. What do the masses need???? If you don't have money for products you have to make the choice of CREATING VALUE with non tangibles, ie: services, or information.

Be like a small child: STOP...LOOK...LISTEN

Get out of your room and find out what you can do to help the masses. If you find out what the masses need and you can fill it, scale is already there. Simple, you already know it... find a need and fill it.

Stop the mental masturbation, and limit your online time suck for awhile.
Take some time to think for yourself and get out and get in the heart of the working class that is trying to make a better life and find out what they need/want that would be a benefit to them. Information or a service if you don't have funds.

Products? Small is good. Condoms, eyeglasses, small parts, cleaning supplies, decals, air freshener, whatever...

Every year I build houses for a week or two in a third world country. You could make a mint on gloves alone. How about building a block making machine?
CEB Press - YouTube
The plans (and others) are available for free:
Open Source Ecology

I've been reading all these success stories about people making millions overseas and questioning myself,

Time waste. Make your success right where you are. The grass can be just as green under your feet. You have an advantage over most in
Jamaica. You have been exposed to the Fastlane mindset. Now use it!

NO EXCUSES!

I have a good friend in May Pen, Clarendon. I'm planning a trip in early 2014. Perhaps we'll meet up.

Quit wasting your most valuable commodity,

Your time.

Randall

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
You got a very bright future fella! Stop lending friends money! Just keep up the good work and don't sweat the small stuff bro.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Serious? I mean you spend your whole morning reading about other peoples successes, endeavors and failures and you wonder why your not getting anywhere? Look, the only way your going to get in the FASTLANE is to create movement toward the fastlane
I understand that you have been importing some products to sell

I am creating "movement" it's not like I don't get knowledge from doing this,I read these for motivation and inspiration and to take away whatever I can from these successful people It's not a waste of time it's better than sitting and just watching tv.

Get out of your room and find out what you can do to help the masses. If you find out what the masses need and you can fill it, scale is already there. Simple, you already know it... find a need and fill it.

The Scale is there, I look for needs/painpoints etc daily, Jamaicans are really tricky with $$$ though they will need something and still just refuse to buy it for this I'm more interested in service type businesses but I'm unable to find the right one as yet NOT AN EXCUSE

Stop the mental masturbation, and limit your online time suck for awhile.
Take some time to think for yourself and get out and get in the heart of the working class that is trying to make a better life and find out what they need/want that would be a benefit to them. Information or a service if you don't have funds.

TRUTH

Time waste. Make your success right where you are. The grass can be just as green under your feet. You have an advantage over most in
Jamaica. You have been exposed to the Fastlane mindset. Now use it!

NO EXCUSES!

I have a good friend in May Pen, Clarendon. I'm planning a trip in early 2014. Perhaps we'll meet up.

Quit wasting your most valuable commodity,

Your time.

Great, Perhaps we will and No excuses I'm honestly just trying to cover the basic finance and accounting, so i can be equipped with the right knowledge to move forward. Thanks For Your 2 cents

Barry

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Just stick with it buddy. You're doing fine. Lots of work to do with little or no reward for the longest time, just recognize it for what it is - the long, hard struggle in the desert.

Every shipment you receive and sell is another lesson. You're on your third lesson now which is a hell of a lot more than most people you know can say. You've got many lessons ahead, but you'll progress with each one.

Keep going until you drop. Then get up and keep going again. I'm really anxious to see you break thru (I'm sure you're more anxious!), so don't give up. We're rooting for you.

Thanks bud and Way More anxious,I Will Not I only got to be right once !!!

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
In business, we didn't rush everything. We have to take it slow, step by step until you reach your goals. Just relax, calm, and think, what would be the next step to do. Because the more you are stressed, the more you cannot accomplish everything. Try to clear your mind, just only think of your business and how to get everything you want. Focused in one goal only, and after that, if you finished the first step, go to another step. Don't rush.

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Just my 2 cents worth.
Thanks a million my friend ;)

Forget about them. They're parasites. You need to be completely ruthless with these sort of people. If they are no good to be around then cut them off, don't let them undermine your work. Because that's what they will do and they will destroy everything you are working for. If they are friends worth having they wouldn't expect or ask for money.
Yep, I totally agree.

Your real friends are the ones with common interest and those who give you real advice i.e. Fastlane forum, etc.

psaco131

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 16, 2012
Peru
One great method of coming up with an "idea" is to think with a "futuristic" filter, connect the dots between now and later.

Example: Plastic Charge Cards - This is ancient technology, with heavy use, they only last a few months. One scratch can render them useless.

Check out what Google, Paypal, Mastercard and Visa are coming up with, a new way to pay electronically at the register.

PayPal destroys Google Wallet, MasterCard, Square, and Visa in digital wallet study | VentureBeat

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.