The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Slow Death of a Cubicle Life

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Funny/motivating. I hope he doesn't catch a charge for a death threat.

edit: oh, it's 4 years old. I guess there is no worry there :)

princephoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Nov 14, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Oh man, you have it better than I do! I work on Broadway in Soho, only 7 floors up. At least you have a view! You also have more room than I do, and an illusion of some privacy with a cube. I'm at a workstation that's setup along one long desk. That's the price of being an artist. Definitely some much need motivation to get out the Slow Lane.

damien275x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 18, 2011
You know what's sad, the public library I've started working out of has a hot desk room with free desks, that have 3x the space yours does. I started the cubicle shit at 17 years old, and from the second I started full time I had the feeling something wasn't right. 24 now and tried 5 different 'cubes' - none of them have worked out.

Only positive is that I was coding and learning software development the whole time so I can take that knowledge and use it to build something better than another F*cking meeting-room-booking-system. *Rolls eyes* what is it with offices and making those over and over and over and over.

D

DeletedUser394

Just to clarify, this isn't my video.

I'm probably 20+ years younger than this guy and I live nowhere near NYC.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
I dont understand the satisfaction of cubicles...I can do my job from home and on snow days, ppl make a big deal about you not driving 25-30 min (on a normal day; obviously longer in weather). For reals....do u ppl love your cube that much that u cant sit at home? Only thing exciting around my office is me lol I created a stand up workstation with various boxes and ppl thought it was a huge, odd deal that I wanted to stand part of the day. Ppl in cubes just have no different thinking ways outside of the menial tasks they do everyday. Must, get, outttt

D

DeletedUser394

I dont understand the satisfaction of cubicles...I can do my job from home and on snow days, ppl make a big deal about you not driving 25-30 min (on a normal day; obviously longer in weather). For reals....do u ppl love your cube that much that u cant sit at home? Only thing exciting around my office is me lol I created a stand up workstation with various boxes and ppl thought it was a huge, odd deal that I wanted to stand part of the day. Ppl in cubes just have no different thinking ways outside of the menial tasks they do everyday. Must, get, outttt

What are you talking about?

Did you even watch the video? No one here is 'pro' cubicle so I don't know what you're ranting about.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Haha sorry...didnt mean anything about ppl here. I just got out of my cubicle and snow is about to dump on us. My boss said she would pick me up for work if I couldn't drive. Basically just in office to answer a phone. I watched vid right after it was posted awhile back....just ranting about my day. Didnt mean to imply it was about the above! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.