The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Secret To Amazon's Success (Or Lack Thereof)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LOYD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 10, 2013

Breaking Free

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
It's the price they pay to try and carve their own market. I remember when they first started, and they didn't turn a profit for several years. Yet their stock went up and up. But hey, it seems to be working for them.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
The article examines whether or not this approach will continue to work for them in the long term.

Amazon is the king of Internet retailing, they can turn on the profit tap anytime they like. But at the moment it seems they re-invest and diversifying into kindles/phones. Gotta say their new tablet line looks amazing and they are very aggressive, taking on Apple on the tablet and future smartphone will be hard.

Side note: The town I live in here is getting killed by ebay/amazon, money is getting tighter and more people are going online for their shopping. No signs of this slowing down either.

MooreMillions

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 16, 2008
Atlanta
I thoroughly enjoyed that article.

I don't know what Jeff has up his sleeve, but since the early 2000's, I always felt he got lost in the shuffle amongst the internet geniuses/elite because he sold goods and not tech services.

This guy truly built his business from the bottom up. He literally thought of every Unique Selling Position for his company before he even got started.

Just brilliant, in my opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Amazon is the Google of online retail. Anyone who thinks that they're having problems is kidding themselves. I have to believe that everything about their profit margins and services are by design.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Amazon's profits lie within kindle sales.
Lost to 0 distribution costs, mean 100% profit on products they don't have to produce, market, or check for quality.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Kindle+self publishing system. They're selling shovels. By the millions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

How many things did they buy this year? I know Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post, but that was on his dime.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
Bezos is brilliant with some of his ideas. I'm pretty sure Amazon is doing just fine for themselves ;) They own the Ecommerce space!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
They have created their own economy in which they are the tax man. I have spent a small fortune on fees from amazon. That is the best business model ever.

I guarantee that they make more money on a $100 item of mine than something they have cut every other retailers throat on to get to $100 and sell it themselves.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.