The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please Help: My BOSS($$) is a Jerk!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Inspired by @OVOvince and his recent thread...

I have to get this off my chest.

My BO$$ is a jerk.

Sometimes, I hate my BO$$, because he rides me so hard.

First off, the guy has a real ego problem. He insists that I refer to him as BO$$, and not "boss." When typing notes, he often makes me replace an "s" in a sentence with a dollar sign, a "$." He never really gave me a rational answer for why he makes me do this stupid $HIT. Last time I asked him, he said something about "money over everything."

The guy has a real attitude problem, too.

For instance... lately, he hasn't stopped smiling and laughing. Whenever I look at him, he's either deep in focus, or laughing and smiling. It kind of creeps me out. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being happy, but this guy just takes it to a kind of weird, almost clownish level. After a successful sales call, he does this evil cackle that sounds like the caricature of a megalomaniac's evil devil laugh.

I mean, the guy literally lets out a hearty: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! when he hangs up with a prospect.

I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself, like I haven't really explained why my BO$$ is such an a$$.

He really is a freakin' jerk, man.

Like, the other day, he woke me up at 4:48am, and told me to start working. He said I have nothing better to do. He reminded me of the "stupid A$$ I'm gonna buy a Bugatti thread" I created, and told me that I had no business sleeping, until I finally post pictures of a brand new Bugatti.

He's always pulling random $HIT like that out of his A$$, trying to figure out ways to get under my skin and motivate me.

Today, I had a great sales call. It is the first deal I've ever worked that will yield a seven figure commission. After the call, I jumped up and down, pumped my fist and yelled a bunch of sentences with exclamation points at the end of them. My BO$$, always the disciplinarian, sternly told me to sit my A$$ back down and get back to work. The job is not done, he scolded me. He told me that after I close the deal, I could celebrate by closing another deal.

My BO$$ roots for the bad guys in movies, and all of the advice he has ever given me in life comes from the bad guy in a movie.

Awhile back, I had broken up with my girlfriend, and you know what he said to me?

He said:

That was the end of the conversation.

He brought it up later that day, and hit me with this:

He asked me when I was going to let money have her way with me, when I would finally give in to her calling my name. He told me that money loves me, and that she shows this by how she takes care of me and everything I care about.

My BO$$ is a pretty single-minded type of guy. Today, after the million-dollar sales call, he made me listen to the recording of the conversation, and then manually type out the conversation notes word by word. The conversation itself lasted a half an hour, but the typing and analyzing lasted twice as long. I didn't even bother protesting about the extra time. I already knew what'd he say in response if I did. He'd tell me that a winner doesn't complain about doing what it takes to win. He'd tell me that immigrants toil and sweat in strawberry fields, so why can't I sit in a climate-controlled environment and type out notes that will get me to the top.

My BO$$ demands the best from me, and to this day, he claims that he has never gotten "my best." He always tells me that there is a "next level," no matter which level I climb to, no matter how many planes I lift myself above my past, current and even future states.

Don't get me wrong. My BO$$ does motivate me, in some pretty unique ways. Like Grant Cardone, he is under the impression that a "nine to five" job means a job that you work 95 hours per week. Considering that I have worked weekends for the past several hundred weekends, I think that I have definitely hit 95 hour work weeks more than once.

Sometimes, I think my BO$$ crosses the line. It's just that I think he's a little too obsessed sometimes. Lately, he has been talking to me while I'm in the shower, getting in my head by talking to me about a deal I'm working on, or a client I'm pursuing. I can't even open a bottle of shampoo without my BO$$ bringing up money and markets.

Eminem's song My Darling - above - pretty much expresses the intensity, immensity, density and destiny of my relationship with my BO$$.

The relationship with my BO$$ is starting to feel pretty codependent, like maybe the love of money IS the root of all evil, and it's too late to reverse the sale to the buyer. All sales are final, my BO$$ tells me.

I see my BO$$ in the mirror.

Yea, I see a BO$$ in the mirror. Do you have a BO$$ like mine, always breathing down your neck, with you wherever you go, constantly reminding you of the day's task, of your life's task?

My BO$$ has invaded my self-talk, and continually applies psychologically warping mental techniques on my mind. I feel brainwashed, as if I have no control over my own actions. What my BO$$ says goes, and I obey in everything that I do. Everything I am and everything I do is subjugated to the BO$$ in the mirror.

Ayn Rand would approve of this. At least, that's what my BO$$ tells me.

My BO$$ reminds me that my biological parents didn't understand me, which is why I had to adopt Nietzsche as my father, and Ayn Rand as my mother, both of them my eternal $PIRITUAL parents. What I do in life, I do to honor them. My BO$$ always reminds me that it is action - and not talk - that wins wars and impresses parents.

My BO$$ tells me to meditate. I think his meditation techniques are simply methods for him to obtain further and more complete dominion over my mind. I'll describe one of his meditation techniques briefly below.

Many people advocate and understand the basic principles of meditation, my BO$$ tells me. He tells me that, these days, it is practically commonplace for people to espouse the benefits of controlled breathing, and consciously controlling the consciousness.

Those who understand the principles of mind control present in neural linguistic programming (NLP) know the concept of "anchoring." Jordan Belfort discusses this in his Straight Line System, and in the Wolf of Wall Street scenes, you see him firing off anchors.

A person will set off an "anchor" to anchor themselves back to a desired mental state in reality. For instance, if you desire the mental state of dominance and confidence, you must identify in your mind this sensation. Perhaps it was a time when your favorite team won a big game, a time you mastered a skill, an extremely positive personal victory in your life, a time you beat your squat, bench or dead lift record. Once you have captured and imprisoned this feeling in your mind, you tie, bind and triple associate that mental state with a very specific action.

Typically, an NLP practitioner will employ subtle anchors. In the scene below - 2:38 to 2:42 - Belfort is firing off anchors A) with the gravel in his voice and B) with the chest-punch as he yells: Deal with your problems by becoming rich.

My BO$$ employs a very extreme sort of anchoring process, that involves extremely loud, bass-boosted music.

Anyway, my BO$$ is crazy, and he's telling me that I have to get back to work. Better listen to him.

This guy doesn't play games when it comes to hard work and money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Maybe he is just obsessed with seeing you do better? Just pushing you to sell more.

I don't see any harm in his actions...just sounds a little crazy...as all obsessed people do...

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
had to adopt Nietzsche as my father, and Ayn Rand as my mother, both of them my eternal $PIRITUAL parents.

Sick.

Did you know that Ayn actually originally saw Nietzsche as her ideal philosopher? In the journals of Ayn Rand her earlier writings are heavily influenced by his perspective.

It isn't until later on that she is able to surpass him and eventually build a morally sound line of reasoning. Eventually, she described his outlook as "sacrificing others to self" as opposed to altruism, which is the "sacrifice of self to others". She outgrew Nietzsche with the realization that there is a world of happiness that is not dependent on any form of sacrifice.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Sick.

Did you know that Ayn actually originally saw Nietzsche as her ideal philosopher? In the journals of Ayn Rand her earlier writings are heavily influenced by his perspective.

It isn't until later on that she is able to surpass him and eventually build a morally sound line of reasoning. Eventually, she described his outlook as "sacrificing others to self" as opposed to altruism, which is the "sacrifice of self to others". She outgrew Nietzsche with the realization that there is a world of happiness that is not dependent on any form of sacrifice.

Very interesting! Although, now you make me wonder what can be obtained without sacrificing anything.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Dear Mr. Uberman...maybe you need to BE YOUR OWN :tiphat:BOSS! Just saying! Why allow someone else to dominate and control your life. Step into your own power and instead of allowing someone else to make the rules and dictate where you're going in life.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Dear Mr. Uberman...maybe you need to BE YOUR OWN :tiphat:BOSS! Just saying! Why allow someone else to dominate and control your life. Step into your own power and instead of allowing someone else to make the rules and dictate where you're going in life.
Swoosh.
He is the Bo$$.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Very interesting! Although, now you make me wonder what can be obtained without sacrificing anything.

Sacrifice is trading a higher value for a lower value.

If you hold self-actualization as a high value, putting others before self is a sacrifice.

If you hold honesty as a high value, being dishonest is a sacrifice.

If you hold fairness as a high value, being unjust is a sacrifice.

Ayn suggests that rational people have their interests self-aligned by default, hence the ability to co-exist without conflict.

We often talk of the disciple and sacrifice it takes to reach our entrepreneurial goals. Ayn would tell us we are not using the word 'sacrifice' correctly. Let's say I decide to focus on my education and ventures, while letting becoming a social hermit in the meanwhile. Some might say we are sacrificing fun and enjoyment right now, for a better future later. Is this really a sacrifice though? We are simply upholding a higher value: freedom.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
I used to have Ubermensch on ignore on this forum because I thought he was f*#king mad, but now I'm starting to see a method in the madness. :woot: Rep+ for this post and the sales hustle.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015

If you hold self-actualization as a high value, putting others before self is a sacrifice.

Ayn suggests that rational people have their interests self-aligned by default, hence the ability to co-exist without conflict.

We often talk of the disciple and sacrifice it takes to reach our entrepreneurial goals. Ayn would tell us we are not using the word 'sacrifice' correctly. Let's say I decide to focus on my education and ventures, while letting becoming a social hermit in the meanwhile. Some might say we are sacrificing fun and enjoyment right now, for a better future later. Is this really a sacrifice though? We are simply upholding a higher value: freedom.

I like that you brought the maslow angle in your response. Yes, freedom indeed. But why do you feel that entrepreneurs should sacrifice fun and enjoyment now? Right now I am using 3 virtual machines to automatically promote tweets to my website as well as more complex stuff that can only be achieved through time... All while watching VIkings and sipping smoothies.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
I like that you brought the maslow angle in your response. Yes, freedom indeed. But why do you feel that entrepreneurs should sacrifice fun and enjoyment now? Right now I am using 3 virtual machines to automatically promote tweets to my website as well as more complex stuff that can only be achieved through time... All while watching VIkings and sipping smoothies.

Now that's what I call enjoying the process!

G

Guest34764

Got any videos you'd like to share with us?

Really anything business or BO$$ related :rockon:

I can't be my own BO$$ without seeing some proper informational or motivational videos. :greedy::punch:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I used to have Ubermensch on ignore on this forum because I thought he was f*#king mad, but now I'm starting to see a method in the madness. :woot: Rep+ for this post and the sales hustle.

You weed through the 49% (48%?) crazy and you have a chance to catch a mindset that could change your life.

Hallucinogenic drugs help decipher.

In all seriousness, don't put him on ignore. Just weed through the bullshit as he will surprise you on occasion.

He'll be sitting on a beach before most people on the forum, as he is relentless.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

Unfortunately, I believe I met my match with the BO$$.

Like Eminem says in the start of Evil Twin...

I'm trying to tell the difference, but the lines are starting to get a little blurry...

STswiss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 16, 2015
Switzerland
Inspired by @OVOvince and his recent thread...

I have to get this off my chest.

My BO$$ is a jerk.

Sometimes, I hate my BO$$, because he rides me so hard.

First off, the guy has a real ego problem. He insists that I refer to him as BO$$, and not "boss." When typing notes, he often makes me replace an "s" in a sentence with a dollar sign, a "$." He never really gave me a rational answer for why he makes me do this stupid $HIT. Last time I asked him, he said something about "money over everything."

The guy has a real attitude problem, too.

For instance... lately, he hasn't stopped smiling and laughing. Whenever I look at him, he's either deep in focus, or laughing and smiling. It kind of creeps me out. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being happy, but this guy just takes it to a kind of weird, almost clownish level. After a successful sales call, he does this evil cackle that sounds like the caricature of a megalomaniac's evil devil laugh.

I mean, the guy literally lets out a hearty: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! when he hangs up with a prospect.

I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself, like I haven't really explained why my BO$$ is such an a$$.

He really is a freakin' jerk, man.

Like, the other day, he woke me up at 4:48am, and told me to start working.....

Why do you care so much about your BO$$? I mean, you could become your own one and be a real pain in the a$$ as well...by just moving your focus from what he is doing to that what you like to do. sounds like he is a big distraction to you.

Sunscreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 1, 2015
Why do you care so much about your BO$$? I mean, you could become your own one and be a real pain in the a$$ as well...by just moving your focus from what he is doing to that what you like to do. sounds like he is a big distraction to you.
He is talking about himself and how his inner BO$$ is pushing him to greatness despite how uncomfortable it is. He isn't complaining or anything, though non-native English people may get confused.

STswiss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 16, 2015
Switzerland
He is talking about himself and how his inner BO$$ is pushing him to greatness despite how uncomfortable it is. He isn't complaining or anything, though non-native English people may get confused.
@Sunscreen, it really did confuse me, thanks for putting it right. Now that I am no longer confused, it becomes a really interesting self reflection. A little bit weird but interesting [emoji6]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Like Eminem says in the start of Evil Twin...

I'm trying to tell the difference, but the lines are starting to get a little blurry...

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Bo$$'s attitude reminds me of Kobe and a bunch of other people that were basically masters at their craft

good thread haha

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
Last edited:

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
This post was very cool. I came to say: "Then quit your job you pussy" but after reading I wanted to clap and say "Well done."

One thing though. Ayn Rand and Friedrich Nietzche were very different, and their philosophies were very different. Kneechee was a mystic. Stick with Rand.

Dave510

Reversing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 16, 2014

It is a sacrifice.

When you trade something you hold dear for something else you want more, you do GAIN from the trade, but that doesn't change the fact that you had to give up something else you cared about, but not as much. For example, spending money to gain something I value more doesn't change the fact that it did cost me money.

Ayn Rand is a weak philosopher.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.