The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Optimistically Broke, Overwhelmed, and Happy

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Yep.

No freaking clue.

It's overwhelming, not knowing what the heck the next step should be and using all the profits from my j.o.b to sustain this entrepreneurial project that I'm cluelessly running. But I'm honestly happy! I'm NOT stuck working the next 40+ years for pennies, saving and scraping my way to retirement, an event which might never come for most people my age and younger :meh: There's opportunity!

Sure, it's an insecure feeling at the moment, especially when you've been raised to believe in everything that IS the Slowlane: save up, invest in a 401k, buy a house, etc. But I'll take this feeling of not knowing over the "security" of turning into the 70 year old woman at work that just retired after 45 years at the company... her reward being some chintzy jewelry with the company logo on it, back injuries, and a bitter, lonely, sad life because she dedicated her life to a company instead of herself.

I've learned to take the things I run into that I don't know how to do and look on them as a learning opportunity instead of a blockade. It's difficult most of the time. I struggle with marketing, coding, seo, ppc, social media... all things I had no idea were involved with selling online, but I've fortunately been exposed to them through this forum. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all the things I don't know! So I just take one thing at a time, learn and implement it until I feel comfortable with it, then move onto the next thing. It takes time, but it's worth it in the end.

It has popped into my mind on many occasions that just resigning myself to the daily regime of the Slowlane would be so much easier than entrepreneurship. But is it really so hard to jump on the computer and Google something you don't know how to do?? Or get onto this forum and search the vast resources that are so readily supplied?? I have to slap myself upside the head a lot... The Slowlane is ever so appealing when it's all you've ever been taught.

I've had to take a hard look at my Slowlane choices and habits and fix what I've done to myself.

It sucks.

But it feels good shedding the inevitability of working hard for a lifetime, debt, credit cards, and the need to spend :)

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this forum :notworthy: It is such an amazing help and I cannot express how much I appreciate your time and effort. Hopefully I can add a little knowledge to the forum one of these days.

Keep on hustling!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.