The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Fastlaner from Miami Florida

MUISaiyan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Aug 6, 2011
US
I just wanted to chime in an introduce myself to the forum and say that I just started reading the book and so far love the no bs straightforward, life commanding approach enjoyed by fast lane superstars.

I'll keep it short as possible, but my background sounds incredibly similar to MJ's (which is what attracted me to the book)...

Born and raised in Miami, FL. Wanted a Lamborghini Diablo so bad when I first saw it playing need for speed in the 90's as a kid. Now 23 yrs old, never knew my dad, mom is a struggling single mother, living at home, have been a struggling web designer for a while, I've been through hell and back multiple times with my mom since I was a kid (foreclosure, bankruptcy, no food, etc), I wanted a better life for myself and my hardworking mom, so starting at 18 tried tons of businesses (mlm's, real estate, and more), made it to the top of an MLM with a crap load of hard work and realized the owners really didn't care about helping people, and that's not me, so I walked away with my $25,000 debt in the process.

Now here I am today barely hanging on with a ton of debt, but I have a positive mindset, taking massive action, and I am one persistent dude so I know I'll make it soon.

I will have my freedom and I'm glad I found this book and forum which just shows me again all this hard work and persistence against all odds will give it to me.

If anyone in this forum needs anything just let me know, we're fast lane family now.

-Antonio

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Antonio, 23 years old is still awfully young and it sounds like you have a packed a whollop of wisdom and experience already.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome Arillera to the board.. you're now on the 'right' path such as the fastlane and not those gimmicky MLMs, etc. With the debt you have; the next biz you do better make it, right? with that said; I'd say stick to ideas that you know make money and have competitors (but not monopolized where you can't get in), make your biz better or better customer service, and hustle.. I wouldn't take chances on unproven business niches where you're at; I'd save those for when you are in better shape. (like Twitter, 4square, etc.)

Also, seeing as there's so much money flowing into Miami which obviously shows with so many lambos, exotics floating through the city, I'm sure there's tons of ways to capitalize on that; turning those once brick and mortar business models into something online.. and scale it.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If I were at your age again, I would do thing differently than I am now. I would take more risk with better planning. Pay attention on what people need out there. Opportunities are out there for you to grab, if you see it through the right angel.

You have lots potential to nail something really big. I would love to know what you strongest background are. PM me if you would like to collaborate offline.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MUISaiyan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Aug 6, 2011
US
Thanks everyone for the positive responses, and its great MJ to see you participate in your forum, it's rare to see an author practicing what he preaches.

I am still young, but my mother isn't which is why I work hard all everyday while my friends party and play xbox I am up at 3 am programming and designing websites. Her and a better life is my fuel to keep moving forward so I can retire her from her 9-5, since she sacrificed everything to keep a roof over our heads. I say it not for pity but to show that I am passionate!

JamesF, you are right there are plenty of Lamborghini's and expensive cars here, taking offline online is a great idea, I am doing offline consulting & marketing for local businesses but like MJ's book said it's not a scale and magnitude model so now I am looking at a few ways to take it online to reach the masses in a system.

And TC2, there are a lot of things I use to wish I could go back and change too ( like taking out a $25,000 loan to join an MLM) but those things just make you wiser and stronger. Besides it's never too late to start either, look at Colonel Sanders of KFC, I think he started in his 60's right?

Anyone feel free to PM me, I'm usually around my computer working on my fastlane :)

PS. Just finished the book, 5 hours straight reading couldn't put it down, and it was amazing! It changed my whole perspective on how I've been running businesses and can already see the results that will come. Thank you MJ for taking the time to put your wisdom on paper for guys like me to benefit from.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...