The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My life story...Hi from Toronto, Canada

Superman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Hi folks, sorry for the wall of text...here is my story.

I lived in several middle eastern countries for years before settling in Toronto a decade ago, was in my late teens then. Went to college and got my education in computer science. Coming out of college couldn't find a job so started a computer business fresh after college. It was doing alright but was young inexperienced didn't know how to expand it but got lots of valuable experience dealing with clients and making money on my own.

I hated it because I couldn't expand and was working like a dog. Didn't know how to make it into a time independent system so it was a really long bad job. The confidence from doing business helped me land a job at a big firm doing computer programming. Was thrilled for about two weeks until I realized 9-5 job is not for me. I did my job at work but worked on a new idea after work. After 3 weeks I launched a site and quit my job. Didn't know how to make the online business a success, got lost, one person purchased, it was dead with in months. I was not persistent/patient enough. Time to start a new job. Found a new job.

Realizing 9-5 jobs were not for me I did contract work under my company, but still was working a job, only I was getting paid by the hour not a salary. Did that for a year and hated it...then realized cant get rich doing this work so I started looking for start ups in the hopes of getting rich. Was hired by a group to do their web application turned out to be a good idea/startup and worked there for few years. The business was kind of shady got sued, lost law suit turned around and made it a ligit business,I was the CTO all along and did all the software engineering. The problem, I was a small share holder in the company with no control. Got diluted SIGNIFICANTLY by my partners, had no control over the company, product, etc...I left and sold my shares for ok money.

Started an ecomm website while at previous startup, was doing a few grand a month, was going well, was receiving VC calls, BUT got sued again over trade mark issues with my domain name (honest mistake - too bad), renamed domain, lost traffic significantly so it went down. I still have it and plan to make it big again, but that's my wife's baby not mine. Through networking met a few very wealthy people and joined a start up they had created. Thought working for/with wealthy people could make me wealthy/happy...but was wrong...again not my company...not in my control and I am someone else's bitch, can't do that. Although I'm the boss but not happy...

Unsatisfied looking for answers found this forum, read the book and ready to work on my own company & idea...i believe my stars have aligned, I'm a software engineer by trade but I've learnt SEO, server management, sales, marketing, employee management, during my years at startup I've seen/done everything...an awsome idea has been brewing for a year in my head...I'm ready!!! MJ's book helped me connect the FREAKING DOTS. Thanks man! I've been such a fool so far for not seeing...*slapping forehead*

I still need help, lots of help from you guys to make my next idea/company a success and am looking forward to contributing as much as I can and getting advise from all of you fine people.

Now you know my story...lots of failures but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (not my quote).

- Superman

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eribruski

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Sep 29, 2012
Toronto, ON
Welcome! Also a Torontonian myself! I currently own a restaurant in Vaughan - looking to exit and move on to new ventures in 1-2 months!

Superman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you virtually cr8terface! Good luck with your exit and next venture!

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Welcome to the forum Superman. There are a bunch of us Torontonians on here....I'm actually thinking of arranging a meet up once things warm up a little.
In the meantime, good luck!

Superman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
nerdyworm: thanks man. "It seems" like I know what I want...lol...I've been on that road many times...I'm hoping for the best!

nzerinto: Thanks for the welcome. I'm game for the meetups. Let me know when and where and I will appear!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...