The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My friends dont have the same drive as I do...bad influences?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
Okay so I tend to hang out mostly with guys who are pretty cool and I love them, the thing is they are so lazy sometimes and want to take advantage of the system most of the time. It's hard for me to interject my thoughts about it into the conversation because most of them are like that. How do I change their minds and let them know that they arent the victims? I can see the light of it all and it seems like they cant, along with 90 percent of the people I come across.Its just sickening sometimes, any advice? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Two quotes from Pimpin' Ken come to mind:

"Most people come into a situation with baggage and bad habits, but if they aren’t willing to leave the bags at the door, then you can’t let them in. When people get fed up with their jobs, their lives, or their love lives, they can become bitter. Because misery loves company, these people will try to make everyone around them miserable. A few feet is the only difference between a rut and a grave, and they will try to drag you into the grave with them. Get rid of the burnouts in your life—you can’t help them, they have to help themselves."

And:

"Is a healthy person going to rub off his good health and make a sick person well? No, it never works that way."

Disclaimer: I don't support the act of "pimping" people but the quotes are true... and the same things have been said by many successful people, and those who study successful people. Robert Greene says this often in both The 48 Laws of Power and Mastery.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
You can't change them.... just let them go. Move on, find some new friends.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You'll find that Fastlane Forum members tend to lack sympathy for people who choose to live a lifestyle not congruent with our own ambitions and desires.

And for good reason. They will find new friends. They don't need you. You need them even less. Move on. We'll be your friends. :D

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
You'll find that Fastlane Forum members tend to lack sympathy for people who choose to live a lifestyle not congruent with our own ambitions and desires.

And for good reason. They will find new friends. They don't need you. You need them even less. Move on. We'll be your friends. :D

Great!:coolgleamA:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
If you're looking to change others, you're looking for trouble and you're gonna screw yourself trying to do that.

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
Just adding to the above. Don't even try to bother to change them. You have different motivations than your friends. Keep your 'wealth' strategies for yourself and don't bother talking much about it (its like a programmer talking to a designer thing...). If and when you become succesful then you might ask your friends to follow you.

Apart from some beliefs that you shouldn't hang out with people with different ambitions than yours, I will disagree a little bit. My personal opinion is that you can have different types of friends, some that you can discuss business with, some that you can have just fun with, some that you can discuss your personal matters with etc. It also depends to how strong personality are you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.