The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Music that Motivates

G

Guest3722A

2 Dave Mustaine Signatures; 1 classic Jackson, and 1 SE ESP, and another natural finish Jackson King V and Mesa/Boogie.

I was a Tama Artstar guy for a while and Sabians. Had to sell it when I hit rock bottom a few years back. Tama was the only kit that could take the brutal abuse I put drums through. Everything else broke. My snare though was a Ludwig coliseum with die-cast hoops. Still have the snare. They'll bury it with me.

I have a love/hate relationship with music nowadays. Sometimes I think it ruined my life and other times I think it made me a more well rounded person than most. I think I'll need to come back to this thought in my next chapter.

Have you checked out any of the Jeff Beck or Methany stuff I posted in this thread somewhere?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Firebrand9

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 5, 2010
Yup, I've listened to metal and classical since I was a kid and I will until the day I die. Hoglan is an amazing drummer. I know him originally from Dark Angel. Now he's getting big bucks from Metalocalypse.

I did actually see an episode of That Metal Show with Yngwie, but better still was seeing him live with George Lynch opening up for him.

Tama and Ludwig are renowned and best-of-the-best drums. Many pros use those brands including Charlie Benante.

I never look at anything as having ruined anything for me. It all goes in the pot of who I am and am becoming. I integrate it all. This idea is even in that last Death song "Reaching into the dark, retrieving light". "That which does not kill me makes me stronger" - Nietzsche -. I'd bet many people wouldn't realize the depth of thought that goes into a lot of metal. I never turn my back on things I love either, on principle.

No, but I of course know Jeff Beck, as well as Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine, and Joey Tafolla. Methany I do not know, but I'll be sure to check him/them out. Are you familiar with the guitarist Daisuke Ishiwatari? He does the music and game design of the Guilty Gear and Blazblue video game series. Outstanding wailing guitar player.

I'm a big fan of Symphony X and Michael Romeo.

G

Guest3722A

Ya Yngwie put on a good show back in the day. I remember him when he could barely say Thank you Detroit! and then i remember him playing a local bar and he was fat and smoking, speaking perfect english and pulling and Eddie VH with sticking his smoke on the piece of guitar string at the top of the guitar. Was awesome! So you're an Anthrax fan too? Cool! I saw them with Slayer and Megadeth. But yeah, Pat Methaney, 'across the heartland' was the tune I posted here sometime last year. Great GREAT instrumental. To me it's one of those tunes that you can just get lost in. Same with the Jeff Beck stuff. Just raw fusion with minimal studio effects. Imho, Beck's album Blow by Blow was one of the best fusion albums ever. never get sick of it !

Oh yeah one more thing, if you're really into top notch players I also posted Zappa's entire concept album 'Joe's Garage'. If you have the time, look it up and if you're in to displaced and odd timing, check out some of the stuff at the end of Wet T-Shirt Night. Vinnie Calaiuda very well may be one of the best and most intricate drummers ever as far as his ability to comprehend something and spin it off into neverland!

Check it out if you can

G

Guest3722A

[video=youtube;FwL0SqAvOHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwL0SqAvOHI[/video]

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
[video=dailymotion;x2b9zf]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b9zf_lil-troy-wanna-be-a-baller_music[/video]

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Redline by Wolfgang Gartner - For all the EDM fans here…

I would go as far to say that this is my all time favorite song, in the sense that no matter how many times I hear it, I never tire of it.

Last edited:

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
The inspirational lyrics and soaring arrangement of this old school Level 42 tune has been part of motivation mix for years and is my main ringtone.

Live version from the Prince's Trust Concert 1989

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
This song always gives me a instantaneous good feeling / rush.. On the treadmill that extra 1 mile fly's in with this song beating away

Likewise with this song it always gives me that extra 10% and good feeling..

Hope these help give you a boost also

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
OK, looks like we've got some taste in music over here!

For motivational music, here's a couple that will get a little electricity running in the veins:

"I came with nothing but thoughts from another planet, a Heart that you can't break and a Dream that you can't imagine."
"Far from average, I doubt that you understand it, I put my pain in the paint and put it on the canvas."
"Painted picture so vivid that I envision my life without any limits and try my hardest to live it.
I am a DREAMER, you see it in my demeanor, I be this way to the Death and take it up with the Reaper."

This guy is the anthem for all dreamers. First verse gives me GOOSEBUMPS!

"Gotta be Number 1, since I was young, so you can save your pity, cause I ain't F*ckin DONE"

"It's all me, from the sidewalk to the stars. I'm never going to SETTLE!"

"I'll sleep, when I'm dead, Won't even, stop to catch, my breath."

" MISTER. BIG. DREAMS. No tolerance."

"Everybody said you better stay in school, get a real job boy, don't be a fool. Burn that guitar you'll never be a star. I CAN, I CAN, I CAN. I CAN DO ANYTHING!"

haha I've got myself in a playlist now. ENJOY!

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
This is a pretty cool concentration track that I found recently. It is not necessarily pump you up type music, but it really helps me get in the zone and concentrate.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
Music/ Motivation? I'm all about this thread.

The alarm blares out noise as you wake up. Your mind begins racing on activities, projects, and ideas but one thing is fursure, if you're not feeling like kicking a$$ shortly after you wake up, then your going to have a rough day.

Listening to motivational speeches in the morning is crucial to getting fired up to take on the big guys.

I'm not talking about some old speech by MLK. (not bashing. I read and studied his "i have a dream speech" last night and was very moved and inspired).

These are epic speeches with music by Hans Zimmerman, featuring rolling kettle drums, crashing cymbals, symphonic and driving brass melodies all incorporating the inspiring thoughts and ideas of past and present business leaders, athletes and overall successful people.

If your looking for a place to start then go on 8TRACKS and search "motivational speech" and start saving a few playlists you like.

Gonna have to throw on a playlist right now....

aardvarky

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 18, 2014
Hip hop gets me going. Mostly the old school stuff. I blare it sometimes, like now, and zone off and it's seriously energizing.

Notorious BIG.
2Pac.
Nas.
Jay-Z.
Run DMC.
Snoop Dogg.
Fabolous.
even Kanye.

Look at my tennis shoes. I iced that.
Who am I? The back twister, lingerie-ripper
Automatic leg-spreader, quicker brain-getter
Keepin it gangsta with ya

It was all a dream
I used to read Word Up magazine...

F*ck you and your hampton house. I'll f*ck your hampton spouse, c*m on her hampton blouse...

We ain't meant to survive 'cause it's a setup
And even though you're fed up
Ya got to keep your head up

You'd never guess it by looking at me, but these are the lyrics running through my head sometimes...is there something wrong with me? :)

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK
I love a huge array of genres, but liquid drum and bass always gets me up and motivated:

Inspirational:

Uplifting, this builds so listen to it out (love Hospital Records, played this song from the new album to death already ha):

Some nice chilled Piano, also very uplifting and also builds so you need to keep it going:

Failing any of that, there's always Young Jeezy! haha

Kelly C

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 20, 2014
UK
Anything with groove gets me motivated...get so much mundane work done by listening to some sweet grooves.

King's X album Dogman is good for working too...think the "Complain" song is pretty relevant ;)
Some Lynryd Skynyrd too! (Voodoo Lake)

Also can't wait for this group to have a vocalist: https://soundcloud.com/glassknuckle/

I also like something more chilled too sometimes..a bit of Cardigans or I really like this band called Port Noir who are relatively new (https://play.spotify.com/album/5aQdgFfV5OLWSgSe6bbEW1).

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
I use some epic music for getting me going. But if I have to read or write, I tend to listen to classic or something with no words, like Expolsions in The Sky, so i wont get distracted.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.