Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More

making an information product, what are your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'The Fastlane' started by therebel, Aug 27, 2013.

1. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    the basic goal of the product is to train leadership for the purpose of getting ahead in whatever area(s) you wish to improve in.

The premise is that everyone is a follower, even if we like to consider ourselves leaders, there's still always some instances where we become followers, it's only human nature.. so this is about establishing yourself as that leader in whatever way works in your particular situation & leading your prospect to the result you both want.

now, I'm planning on selling this as a low-mid level ebook product, so what I'd like you guys to do is put yourself in the shoes of somebody who's into this type of stuff, somebody who's trying to be a better salesperson, get more girls, self improve & just let me know how engaged this idea would make you, not even if you would buy the product, but just judge it on how intriguing the idea is.

& what would stop you from pulling the trigger on it if you were a little interested.

thanks

Then it would go on to go into greater detail about how it works, case studies, yadayada still a work in progress, but I like it so far.

2. 1step

1step 150 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $2,955
    Whos the market for the ebook? the Demo?
  3. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    That's what I'm trying to figure out.

my site gets good feedback from people who are into dating advice

but ideally what this is going to be is a general "influence method"

that can help with dating, sales, getting interviews, promotions etc.

Think....................The pick up artist, only kinda leftist and rebellious but geared towards giving people the skills they need to create relationships that take them places.

If you sell stuff you need a good relationship with your customers, if you want to succeed at dating, you need a good relationship with a girl, if you want to get a promotion you need a good relationship with your boss etc.

so in my experience I've found that all those type of relationships come from leading the relationship and not being a follower in it... so this is about getting to that place.

I might sound like I'm trying to sell it, but I really just want to see who likes it, and then use those people as a place to start from when finding the target market & I think this is a good place to do that.
  4. Kano

Kano PARKED

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $2
    Interesting idea. So your approach would be Leadership training?

I think this category falls into self-development. My concern is if you are qualified to even create a product on the topic. When it comes to self-development material, you never want to be listening to someone that is less successful, or more screwed up than you are. Just a piece of advice one of my mentors early on my career had given me.

With that being said, you need to have a strong relationship and credibility so you can leverage your own success and leadership principles to create a eBook or membership website if you want your product to be successful.
  5. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    I'd definitely agree

-yeah, It's this weird leadership training/sales training/lifestyle design mash up type situation, I like where I'm going with it, I just want to patch up all the holes in it by (like you said) establishing a good relationship with the type of people who would be into this.

judging by the reception I generally get here I'm prob not gonna find my target audience here lmao, but I know I'm going to have to aim for whatever more left-leaning artistic type of people who are interested in this kinda stuff... these guy's seem too conservative to get into this.
  6. Mike39

Mike39 170 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $1,177
    :smxB:
  7. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    Lol I'd agree with that assessment in a way...

there's logical decision makers vs emotional decision makers, this site is obviously more logical.

does that mean my product is bad? no, just that it's not for them because their motivated by facts and data the hard stuff..

if I take it to the polar opposite personality type sayyyyyyyyyyyy a freelance artist... that dynamic changes because were dealing with a different type of decision.. its more valuable to them because their motivated by the abstract, the feeling, the inspiration etc.

Picasso baby
  8. DennisDuty

DennisDuty Mini Media Mogul FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $5,301
    No.

Your topic is too broad. You're doing a LOT of extra work by not defining your audience now.
    You'll end up writing the thing, trying to sell it, making a handful of sales, asking them questions, rewriting it, reselling it, rewriting it, etc.
    Start smaller.

Right now, determine where you can provide the most value. Is it in relationships? Climbing the corporate ladder? Where is there the most need, what can you help the most with.

Right now you're looking to write/sell this:
    • Why Leadership is Important for Anybody
    • How to Make Your Life Better by Improving Your Leadership Skills
    It's too vague. There are HUNDREDS of ebooks out there. People will look at that and go "hm. interesting" and then move on and not buy.

If you narrow it down, you actually give yourself a chance.
    • Getting The Promotion: How to Lead While Being a Follower
    • Getting The Girl of Your Dreams: What are Corporate CEOs doing to get any girl they want? (Hint: It has nothing to do with money)
    • Never Be Taken Advantage of Again: Take Control of Interactions With Strangers
    • Winning Her Back: How A Simple Mindset Change Ended My Lonelyness
    By writing the book to a specific demographic in a specific crowd, you're a lot more likely to succeed. You'll also have laser focus while writing.

Hell, you can even write one book of each. Write a book based towards the ladder-climbing career jockies, rehash the same basic info and apply that to dating, and then to marriage, and then to dealing with difficult siblings, and then to negotiating with strangers, etc.

I'm sending you a free copy of my book. I know it's about video marketing, but I talk a LOT about defining your target customer and getting in their head. Take every instance I talk about "video" and just replace that with "ebook" or whatever.
  9. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    I'm sorry, I can appreciate what your saying, but I WILL NOT do that.

I have an instinct about things like this & while I'm sure your experienced enough to know what your talking about, I know I can do it this way.

If I do it that way it wont be 100% of what it could be, its supposed to be the ONLY product like it..

the ONLY product that can unify sales, leadership, success with women & lay it out for people in a comprehensive enough manor that they can apply it immediately.

If I narrow it down I have a generic book that sells on amazon for 5 bucks

If I do it this way I have a CLASSIC that nobody has every done before and nobody will EVER touch..

I know why you might think its bad to do it this way, but I need to do it this way.. It can and will work because I'm going to see to it that it does.
  10. DennisDuty

DennisDuty Mini Media Mogul FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $5,301
    I understand what you're saying too, because I used to think the same exact way.
    However lack of demographic focus is a newbie mistake.
    I predict that jumping straight to an "ultimate product" will leave you completely dead in the water.

And there's nothing wrong with a $5 amazon book.
    Here's a link to an $8 Amazon book. One of the best I've ever read, published by a millionaire with years of fastlane experience. Maybe you've heard of it: Amazon.com: The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime eBook: MJ DeMarco: Kindle Store
  11. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    what If I already had the demographic focus down to an extremely deep deep deep level, I'm talking like... psychologically deep, but I just didn't know where to find these types? what would your advice be then?
  12. DennisDuty

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $5,301
    I would tell you
    1. You don't know your demo as well as you thought you did if you don't know where they hang out or how to reach them.
    2. You THINK you've got a targeted demo in mind but you don't.
  13. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    and I'd tell you your a big meanie and go do it my way anyway, sorry I'm uncompromising...

I could explain it, but it wouldn't make sense, I just need to do it and show people.
  14. 1step

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $2,955
    You're setting yourself up for failure.

Your lack of willingness to take advice is troublesome.
    1 person likes this.
  15. XOthermic

XOthermic 20 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $260
    Man they got so much material on this. Why would they get it from you?

Tyler Durden - Blueprint decoded. Why get anything else?
  16. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    Because this is way better than that...

I have it, it's massive information overload, its clunky and impractical.

its 300 bucks, its outdated, its only geared towards pick up & not everyone is into pick up

yes its great, but it could be better

& I plan on fully exploiting that in this product.

fun fact: There were dudes on his website saying I should be an instructor at one point.
  17. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    I'd rather make a mistake of ambition than not know what I could have done if I did it my way.
  18. kaloenneli

kaloenneli 50 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $116
    so you are asking in the topic about thoughts. you get some good thoughts and all you do is trying to defend your way ?
    yeah that makes total sense. what are you even doing here ? trying to sell your little book here ?
    1 person likes this.
  19. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    I think I have a more narrow demo now..

leading against the odds & how it leads to all the benefits I pointed out in the original idea,

I think this is more narrow but still does a good job of nailing the core thing I wanted to accomplish with this product.

20. 1step

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $2,955
    Fair enough but why ask for our opinion if you are going to do it your way and your way only?

Validation of your amazingness?
  21. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    Possibly

but I really don't do it intentionally

I have really really bad ADD, so I think in a way that's different from most people, most people think in a way that's left brain orientated, I'm more right brain orientated.

that means, following instructions, remembering stuff, focusing on details are all weak area's for me, but seeing the big picture, understanding people and emotions & coming up with good ideas are very strong for me.

so since most people think in a linear fashion while my thought process is abstract -this always happens, I end up arguing with people about everything because we can't see eye to eye on anything, but I always get the job done my way because I know how to put it together that way, it's how i've always done it.

I like the getting every perspective so I can see what I might be missing, but yeah, I'm not exactly easy to get along with.

i think that's why they say people with ADD are better at running companies than working for them.

we see the "big magical solution" that most people miss out on because their looking at the details through a microscope (which isn't a bad thing, just better for certain things) while we see the whole picture & understand how it works on a deep level so although were more general, we can exploit things most people never think of.

this has been the routine my whole life, people fight me, I know I'm right, I prove it, they shut up till next time. people assume I think I know everything, but that's not the case, I'm just looking from a different angle so it seems that way. I really apologize if I offend anyone, it's just the way I think, I can't change it.
  22. The-J

The-J The-Check FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $1,192
    Scrap your product

Find your market, then your traffic, then see what kind of product they want/need at said traffic source

Then sell that
  23. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    I already found the market, have the traffic source and the product is modeled after whats already out there for them and made to be an improvement on that.

another reason I don't listen to people, don't know the whole story but already have a radical answer.
  24. The-J

The-J The-Check FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $1,192
    So why are you asking us? Obviously you don't value anyone's opinion here. Plus, you're asking the wrong questions.

So, let me ask you: what's preventing you from selling it?
  25. therebel

therebel Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $15
    good question...

right now I think its authority status in a word, the current people who run this market have authority like hell... so the main challenge is not selling this, because honestly I can sell shit back to a dog..

it's establishing authority in my market, which is what I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do... I have a general idea that I plan on narrowing down as I experiment little by little.. ie. asking for feedback, getting flamed on here, learning from this experience..

imagine I came on here & the whole site loved the idea and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, people would be hitting me up to get in on it left and right..

well, the only difference between this and that is the perception of authority, its the same in a sales environment, if people doubt you know what your talking about.. they wont buy shit from you, but if you come off like an authority, you can sell them their own shoes.
Certain Xenforo Add-Ons by Waindigo