The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make money of a Facebook page

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Hello,

I saw that a few people here in the forum build up Instagram & Facebook pages to make money during the process and sell it in the end.
I got a idea for a page which would offer value to the reader and even could turn into a blog/website.
There are also ways to monetize the site with affiliate links.
I never created a facebook or Instagram page, but it may would be interesting because the topic of the site is something I like to do anyways so it wouldn't even hurt if it didn't work out well.

What resources would you suggest me to read in the progress?
I think this is useful: http://www.viperchill.com/1000-facebook-guide/
(Someone posted it here few days ago)

Also I would be interested to know some numbers what facebook/instagram pages are worth.
I remember even reading a post of someone here who gave exact numbers what is X likes Instagram or Facebook page was worth and sold for.

If you know anything about this topic I would be thankful if you could post it here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
I saw that a few people here in the forum build up Instagram & Facebook pages to make money during the process and sell it in the end.
You realize that Likes/Followers can be bought? So why stick with 1000?
I think this is useful: http://www.viperchill.com/1000-facebook-guide/
(Someone posted it here few days ago)

Last edited by a moderator:

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Thanks for the posts.
@PureA would be nice if you could write a bit more so there is no missunderstanding what you actually mean.
I assume that you mean building a facebook site is not "fastlane".
You are kinda right but I have to argue.
Sure I read TMF and affiliate links are not Fastlane. BUT. Just a few days ago someone posted the facebook site GetrichSlow here in the forum.
MJ DeMarco replied that the guy who owned the site (and the blog) cashed out and that this is fastlane.
(Of cause he didnt get millions for the blog I guess, but who cares. He successfully sold his fastlane project)

@Charmander

The guide isnt titled 1000-facebook-guide because of the amount of likes.
Sure likes can be bought and that is a good kickstarter for your (or my ;) ) site.
But these followers aint real users who klick on affiliate links or ads on your blog/Facebook site.

I dont know the exact process behind fake likes but I assume that they are some robots.
Somewhere I even read that companys in china force ppl to "like" pages the whole day and sell their "likes".
Needless to say these followers wont buy your product.

Any more hints would be greatly appreciated.

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
Slightly off topic: I just read this in my e-mail yesterday, think it applies to here:
in human psychology there is a situation when people ask how to do something,get the perfect answer, then reject it.

The best example goes like this:

Michelle: "Wow, you look amazing. How did you lose all that weight? How do I get arms like that??"

Sarah: "Thanks! I started eating more vegetables, cut back on my carbs, and started going to the gym 3 times a week."

Michelle: "Oh, I could never give up carbs. I love bread too much!"

END OF CONVERSATION.
I absolutely do not mean it in an offensive way.

DON´T IGNORE THIS "HINT". Because the first reaction might be to just say: oh of course, obvious advice, whatever.
But this is the key! THIS WILL GET YOU YOUR LIKES you NEED.

Last edited:

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
My question was how to build a successful facebook page which can be turned into a website/blog which will provide money.
Your answer wasnt perfect because buying 60 000 likes for 200$ wont make a sucessful facebook page.

To your second answer:
I said "I have a idea for a facebook page which will offer VALUE to some people "(hopefully a lot)

You are right that the value/product is really important, but you could have a awesome product create a website and nobody will buy.
You have to advertise your stuff, make it known. Atleast let the people who would like your product know that you are actually existing.

Thats why I asked, since I knew that here are people in the forum who sucessfully build and sold instagram/facebook accounts, for resources on how to make the account known.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
My question was how to build a successful facebook page which can be turned into a website/blog which will provide money.
Your answer wasnt perfect because buying 60 000 likes for 200$ wont make a sucessful facebook page.

To your second answer:
I said "I have a idea for a facebook page which will offer VALUE to some people "(hopefully a lot)

You are right that the value/product is really important, but you could have a awesome product create a website and nobody will buy.
You have to advertise your stuff, make it known. Atleast let the people who would like your product know that you are actually existing.

Thats why I asked, since I knew that here are people in the forum who sucessfully build and sold instagram/facebook accounts, for resources on how to make the account known.

I mentioned reading the book because if you have read it, it seems you did not interpret it well.

Your use of language connotes a money chasing mentality.

Watch, very relevant:

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
But you asked
Also I would be interested to know some numbers what facebook/instagram pages are worth.
I gave you the EXACT information you WANTED.(60k FaceBook fans/200$) Now you are saying my answers wasn´t perfect? Sorry than.

But atleast it gives you an idea on what the prices should be arround at(now it´s possible to get it even for cheaper anyway)
By providing quality content, which people are eager to watch/like/share. Which takes TIME!
/yes captain obvious me/
You said you will provide value. But what will then this page be about? Because then we can only give you advice based on guessing on its content - IS IT SHARABLE/WATCHABLE(videos?) or what is it? Because it takes time to create it,
and mostly only quality content has a chance to get likes.

Last edited:

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
@PureA Thanks for reminding me. I admit that it sounded a little bit like money chasing.
But I also stated that I want to provide value.
If I got for example a fitness facebook page with 250k likes (REAL people) and I post facts about fitness I give value to the people who liked the site. They improve their knowledge about health & fitness.
Also I give value to a company if I post supplements (or something else: books, gear whatever) my followers may buy.

Later I could maybe turn it into my own business with a own protein powder or whatever. How do you think its easier to sell a protein? If you a unknown guy ordered some samples from alibaba to sell it on ebay OR if you already made a name in the fitness industry with your site and got 250k followers who like your posts and you could advertise your protein powder to 1/4 million people FOR FREE.

Just an example I dont plan on starting a fitness page.

@Charmander I kinda have the feeling that you want to be right no matter what. Maybe I wasnt clear enaugh in my first post.
A facebook page with 60k real people is not worth 200$.
Read the answer I wrote to PureA please, there I describe how a Facebook page creates value.

And again: Yes quality content is important but it wont help you if nobody knows about your site.
So I was asking for ways to promote your content.

Somewhere here in the forum I read that a guy sold his instagram page for 15k. why? Cause it offers value to a company who keep posting value content for the users but also promote their product.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Don't count on building a brand with facebook. Check this out.. Adidas has 19m million likes, and each post probably gets a reach of about 100 people.

25ri0so.png

Make giving value your primary focus. You are saying it as if "ah well, if I can give em' a bit of value too, that would be cool". Whatever you get in to... best of luck.

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
I kinda have the feeling that you want to be right no matter what. Maybe I wasnt clear enaugh in my first post.
Yeah, really(yes really)-thank you for making me realize that now, eh =d
A facebook page with 60k real people is not worth 200$.
Yeah. That´s why you need ORGANIC likes - but people only like to "like" quality content.
So that´s step 1, let´s assume it´s completed.

but it wont help you if nobody knows about your site. So I was asking for ways to promote your content.
Yes, there are many ways - the best ones (when FaceBook pages were really taking off/booming were spamming other FaceBook pages in the comment sections, with the link to their own page(this is business, right? It´s supposed to be "dirty") - where a lot of people seen it. (I remember seeing a page like this grow day by day up to even 200-300k in a matter of months.)

Look for creative way to make your page popular - heck, even wear a shirt with your page name on it, so people see it, and jump on it with their phones right away.
People put stuff like this even on their cars (commonly).

Sorry, but each page I have seen rise like this- was spammed in the comment section of ANOTHER page - how else would it be POSSIBLE USING ONLY FACEBOOK? (no other media?)

So spam the heck out of other similar sites(their comment sections) in your niche, saying things like : Hey, our page does/says/has best info on ****.
Also, those big sites use to have packs of people spamming like this for them. Maybe you could hire children to do it for you as a part time job?-You know hire one kid, pay him 10 dollars to do it all day?

Last edited:

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Thanks awesome tip. But its kinda hard for me that giving value is the primary focus.
I mean everyone who is in this forum got this thinking of "whats in it for me"
Sure we put ourselfes in the customers perspective to see how we could offer value but the end goal for most is basically what MJ or many others did right? Sacrifice some years and make your business work. Then sell it and retire early instead of working 9-5 for the rest of your life.
Nobody will sit in his moms basement till he dies and work for free.

I got the idea with the facebook page because of this page: https://www.facebook.com/faktastisch?fref=ts

its a germany site which post pictures of facts every day every post got around 20000 - 40000 likes and a lot of comments from real people.
They just created a book with all their pictures.
I bet it sells well.

@Charmander Absolutely quality content is step 1 and the most important.

Yea I remember that too. Spamming is a way for sure.
But there are other ways to I think. Buying some likes first would be step 2, because nobody wants to be the first who likes a site.

Then maybe the site could be made known with paid ads (?) I dont know if this will pay of thats why I asked here.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
Don't count on building a brand with facebook. Check this out.. Adidas has 19m million likes, and each post probably gets a reach of about 100 people.

Just interested why you believe the reach of each Adidas post is only about 100 people? Is there a reference to back up this claim? If it's true I feel that is very relevant information for anyone pursuing enhanced visibility through social media. I have to think it is false but am open to your explanation.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Just interested why you believe the reach of each Adidas post is only about 100 people? Is there a reference to back up this claim? If it's true I feel that is very relevant information for anyone pursuing enhanced visibility through social media. I have to think it is false but am open to your explanation.

You have to pay to reach your 'likes' on Facebook. If a company refuses to do this you can consistently see large brands with millions of followers getting 10-30 likes per post. Facebook likes are essentially worthless at this point, besides social proof.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.