The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Long Time Lurker

Tweeve11

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 23, 2015
Hey Guys,

So I figured the time has probably come to go ahead and introduce myself here. I have lurked for the past year or so and been on the inside for a while now as well. Wanted to finally put my name out there so you guys could associate a real name to that guy on the left, holding the cider...

Anyways, my name is Marshall Weaver. Im 21 years old and live in Tampa, Florida. I lived in Delaware and Indiana before finally settling down and calling Florida home for the last 12 years (except for two years spent in London while I was 12/13). It's way to damn hot, it rains all the time, but its home.

I tried to think of things about my story/life that would be useful to members, as I would like to somehow try and give back to the community that has given me so much already, I'm fairly young and therefore professionally inexperienced. I have worked as a cashier, a cold-caller, a manager, and now someone who folds T-shirts (I get paid the same as when i was managing though so its not TOO much of a step back). The only thing I can consider my self a true expert in is living. As crazy as that sounds, I feel like I have gotten a better hold on it than most my age, even though I'm not really where I want to be in life.

About a month before my 19th birthday, I was diagnosed with Fibroblastic Osteosarcoma. I underwent a round of pre-operative chemotherapy, a surgery in which I was given a completely prosthetic knee as well as 4 inches of prosthetic tibia, and then another 5 rounds of post-operative chemotherapy. All in all, I spent roughly 60 days and nights in the hospital over the course of my 9 month ordeal. The cancer was so rare that to this day, I still am not aware of my chances of recurrence. They are anyone's guess. I spent 9 months wondering every day whether I would live or die, and even now after all this time, I still think the same thing.

The reason I tell you guys this is because it is not something that makes me sad. I don't want you to read this and feel sad or have pity. If I live to be an old man, this cancer will be the best thing that ever happened to me. It gave me the ability to really see what was important in life. The perspective I now have, and the power that perspective has given me is something that cannot be bought. There is no way to gain it, other than going thru some kind of tragedy similar to mine. I use it everyday and its my hope, that you may too. I have always tried to be as open as I can about my story. I want to be able to share the perspective i now have and I want others to be able to benefit from it as much as I can. If, in any way, my story can help someone else, I want it too.

So that is pretty much it. Feel free to ask me any questions. My basic point thru all this is just to give you guys a little bit about me and sort of give you some inkling as to what I could possibly help you with. I'm no Dr. Phil, but I will always try my best to use the experience I went thru, and what I learned while going thru it, to help any fastlaner if they need it.

Thanks to all who contribute so much,

Marshall

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...