The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Key Activities Lead To Key Results

Marketing, social media, advertising

Jo_t95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2023
Almost a decade into the game and I still have to remind myself how content on the internet simply builds upon itself.

Algorithms place content with the highest probability of catching your attention, and keeping it, to the top of your newsfeed.

It doesn't take much for the everyday content creator to write content based off of what's "hot" right now...

...which, in turn, is predicated by the 95% who aren't truly looking to achieve much out of life.

Up until recently, I used to hang around a lot with a business mentor who consistently pulls 6-figures months selling coaching programs in the 'business opportunity' niche.

This guy's been around the block a long time, and let me tell you...

...the shit his students pay him to tell them is the same shit he knows they want to hear...

...peppered in with just the right amount of action-steps that makes them feel as if they're moving the needle forward if only they put in a little bit of time and effort out of their otherwise busy day to actually do.

That's because my mentor knows what his clients in the business-opportunity really want.

It's not to actually launch a successful, self-sustaining 7-figure business. That'd be too much work...

It's to feel like they're actually making progress in building an alternative income source that's outside of their dreaded career.

That's what they secretly desire, and that's what he delivers to them.

Key activities lead to key results.

Having muddled Key Results in mind leads to a muddled identification of Key Activities to help one achieve his/her Key Result.
On the other hand, it's actually not that simple to pinpoint the real Key Activities that have led someone currently successful today to attain the level of success and Key Result he/she has gotten.
Corollary to this, simply observing where someone is spending most of their time in (ie- their Key Activities) can help you fairly accurately guess what Key Result they're bound to achieve over time.

After spending close to 3 years tailing my 6-figure-a-month business mentor, I had to dig through what he said in relation to what I saw him do.

I had to look past what I saw on social media - him at lavish parties, buying expensive watches, going on holiday trips around the world - and compare that to the grind I saw put into his work in order to afford all of that...

...and also the amount of work he was doing while 'on holiday'- his mobile phone being perpetually at hand to answer clients and his team if there were any issues to solve.

I spent that time observing how he allocates time, learning first-hand the Key Activities he invests most of his time into. The stuff most people don't see.

Along the way, those very key activities I observed, and later refined, happened to be the very same ones me and my former business partner applied to our business to take it to the mid-6-figures ranges before our fall-out.

In short, the Key Activity of early-stage businesses should revolve around lead-generation and sales. No lead-generation = no sales. And no sales = no cashflow = no business. This pre-requisite comes before product.

The following are the actionable Key Activities I'll be focusing on to launch and scale my new business in a do-or-die attempt to yield harvest as a capitalist pig.

The 3 Key Activities I'll be focusing on as I launch my upcoming new business:​

1. 100 minutes / day for Content Creation
  2. $100 / day in ad-spend on Facebook & Instagram
  3. 100 outreach messages / day sent across my social media platforms
Interestingly, all these 3 key activities are under the broad category of Lead-Generation. Technically, they're activities directly related to prospecting and lead-nurturing.

At the end of the day, being a good business owner comes down to knowing your math- having an insatiable drive to repeat the cycles of identifying key bottlenecks and then improving upon those.

And cashflow is going to be the oxygen your business desperately needs in order to take off- assuming you hadn't taken on any venture-backed funding.

And so that dictates my core focus and key activities bound to lead me to the key result I'm after - a 7-figure business (and then beyond).

Let's see where my stubborn focus on these 3 activities lead me and my business in the coming months.

P.S. - reporting this since i posted it as a comment from my original thread
P.P.S. - i've created a Daily Execution thread to help with execution and to document my journey. Check it out here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.