The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi I am Heather - Life Long Learner

heather.a.majors

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 10, 2024
D.C Metro Area
Hi everyone, my name is Heather Majors and I am in the forum because I am a life long learner. As part of the learning journey the Millionaire Fastlane book was suggested reading for a productivity group I belong to. To share some background, in many of my jobs I found myself gravitating toward a teaching component. For example, Accountant turns into also teach others the software we are using. Add to that I love to read and then share what I learn with others.

As a military spouse I went to college late and graduated in my 30s. The job I found where the Army told us to live was teaching Finance and Logistics software to the Army. It was a great job for my personality. But like all contracting work it came to a natural conclusion. Flash forward, I was hired to teach Microsoft tools at the Department of State in 2020. The big change here is that now I could not teach live classes (we all know why). My boss asked me to learn how to make videos so I did. This came with the realization that I could create content and post it on YouTube to help many people learn vs just the relatively few that I could reach in person.

Now it has been a few years and I would like to turn my content into a business where I can help people learn about the tools many of us use in our daily work lives. People come to me every day at work with a frustration that is often based on they just don't know how the app works. It makes me happy to break that frustration and help that person learn and then move on with their busy day. Sure there are lots of people teaching the same tools on YouTube but what I think makes me different is I have a learning disability so I tend to break down information in a differently. I do my best to avoid assuming people know the jargon, and I also do my best to say what I am doing vs using generic statements like "click here". What is here? No, it is better to say click on the gear icon in the upper right corner. A person who does not know the UI can find what they need easier by taking the time to use all the words. (off my soap box).

In this group, I hope to learn from others and offer what knowledge I have. There is so much to learn but as MJ says in his book, it is all out there we just have to look for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jan 17, 2024
Hi everyone, my name is Heather Majors and I am in the forum because I am a life long learner. As part of the learning journey the Millionaire Fastlane book was suggested reading for a productivity group I belong to. To share some background, in many of my jobs I found myself gravitating toward a teaching component. For example, Accountant turns into also teach others the software we are using. Add to that I love to read and then share what I learn with others.

As a military spouse I went to college late and graduated in my 30s. The job I found where the Army told us to live was teaching Finance and Logistics software to the Army. It was a great job for my personality. But like all contracting work it came to a natural conclusion. Flash forward, I was hired to teach Microsoft tools at the Department of State in 2020. The big change here is that now I could not teach live classes (we all know why). My boss asked me to learn how to make videos so I did. This came with the realization that I could create content and post it on YouTube to help many people learn vs just the relatively few that I could reach in person.

Now it has been a few years and I would like to turn my content into a business where I can help people learn about the tools many of us use in our daily work lives. People come to me every day at work with a frustration that is often based on they just don't know how the app works. It makes me happy to break that frustration and help that person learn and then move on with their busy day. Sure there are lots of people teaching the same tools on YouTube but what I think makes me different is I have a learning disability so I tend to break down information in a differently. I do my best to avoid assuming people know the jargon, and I also do my best to say what I am doing vs using generic statements like "click here". What is here? No, it is better to say click on the gear icon in the upper right corner. A person who does not know the UI can find what they need easier by taking the time to use all the words. (off my soap box).

In this group, I hope to learn from others and offer what knowledge I have. There is so much to learn but as MJ says in his book, it is all out there we just have to look for it.
Welcome here Heather!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...