The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jason's How to Build Wealth & Golden Nuggets

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
Can you post a link to that thread? It'd be interesting to have a read!

If I were you, I'd stop asking for things and start doing what has been said to you... Click on Jason's profile (or Z's/Vigilantes/ICK/Biophase/...) and read every single post by these contributors.. No need to look somewhere else for a goldmine, while you're already standing on the biggest "gold vein" possible concerning Entrepeneurship/Fastlane mentality...

Edit: Excuse me my ignorance, thanks @JasonR for another gem of a thread. I love the no-nonsense here, that you share with all the other big ones... That's something I've got to work on myself! :)

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Vagabond 007,
When I was selling online before I thought the same thing "What will people think if I redirect them to PayPal" & wasted a bunch of time.
Honestly, it doesn't make a difference. Think of all the huge online stores you've been to that have a Paypal payment option. They redirect you to PayPal & you don't even think twice. Not to mention that most people are accustomed to doing it already. You also look more like a real business & people will use the PayPal association as a credibility indication while also feeling safer when buying (as compared to your site, which they may/may not have heard of before).
So make progress & more importantly: SALES, & focus on beefing up your payment processor when you have a proven track record of success.
Thanks pcharles.

I've sold roughly $20,000 or so in the past using ONLY PayPal. So I know it works. It was all to the IM niche, so perhaps they didn't think twice about PP. Just looking to use something else now that I'll be in a different niche.

Regardless, you're right. I need to just get going and make sales and then maybe look into using something else.

@bboyu - What specifically are you looking for in regards to funnels? As others have stated, you'd be best off if you went and did some digging and learned from other posts/sites. But I'm very familiar with creating funnels, so if Jason is ok with it, I wouldn't mind posting about them more.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have been looking for one to share with my daughter (to educate her on sales funnels). Can you get through it without shelling out the cash? Or do you have to buy to advance through it.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I have been looking for one to share with my daughter (to educate her on sales funnels). Can you get through it without shelling out the cash? Or do you have to buy to advance through it.

Funny you ask - I put in a fake billing zip code and they still managed to charge me (they've got to have AVS turned off). So - not sure that you can.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I've read something about the survivallife funnel on other forums. I wish I could find it again because he is making bank through that page.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Never give up.

Even when you have shitty days.

Some days suck. Some days you wonder why nothing is working, then the next you're on cloud 9 because making money is like shooting fish in a barrel.

The most important part is that you keep pressing forward.

Sometimes you need a little bit of time off.

I was ordered by a mentor of mine to take one day off every 2 weeks.

Ok, fine. I'll do it.

Don't have a backup plan. I used to. I was going to go to law school if I couldn't make it in business.

Well, F*ck that.

Throw out the back up plan.

I'm an entrepreneur. It's in my DNA.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Hey Jason can you delve a bit more into the process of finding a viable market to get into and how to do the research at the beginning if you want to establish a brand? What if you're starting on ebay and are used to just selling anything? But you don't want to open a "we sell anything and everything type of a store" how do you transition to your own ecommerce store?

B-B-B-But @JasonR I need to know the ANSWERS! In school all I had to do was raise my hand, ask the question and THEY gave me the ANSWER!

I NEVER had to get my fingernails dirty myself digging for ANSWERS! They would give them to ME!!!!

Because I am ME!!!

You expect ME to spend hours reading about this stuff on my own???? You expect ME to realize that part of the PROCESS of developing that CHARACTER of never giving up, and UNDERSTANDING that no one said it would be EASY, otherwise WE would all be just like @JasonR and KNOW HOW TO CREATE MONEY?????

I don't want to LEARN the PROCESS, just get me to the EVENT!!!!

That way, I will never need to learn what it really takes to develop my own CHARACTER for my failures and success, because I will never fail, YOU will do it all for ME!!!

And BTW, what were those winning numbers for the lottery???

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
First post.

So, you want to build an internet business? After going through what I did in the past 6-7 months, here's what I've learned.

5b. Build a funnel, not an e-commerce store. I lost about $2k and 2 months learning this the hard way. Read this article.

<--- Now understands what the crap a funnel really is. I know I say this too much for your posts Jason, but my brain just exploded a little inside. I'm sure the Dolphin would crush me like a bug. I thought I was slightly cool heading towards a 5 figure sales month and here I'm just still in the kiddy pool. Lots of work to do, super exciting to finally understand the funnel. Definite rep transfer your way.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
If you guys want to see how the best funnels work, by some of the best marketers in the world (Ryan Deiss) - go through this funnel:
http://secure.survivallife.com/landing/credit-card-knife/index-multi-optimized-affiliates.php

Best $180 education I've gotten (yes, they hit for me for $180!, haha).

Now I know what a trip wire is hahahaa..( first time I heard that I had no idea what you were talking about) That link to the digital marketer CVO post just blew my mind, thanks @JasonR !! One of the best posts I've read in a long time!

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I appreciate you replying @JasonR. I understand but I'm just trying to learn from your mistakes and your knowledge as you suggested. If you can please shed some light It would really help me move forward as I'm trying to start with the end in mind and break it all down into daily steps, I didn't get offended whatsoever I assure you.

As my questions are very specific to and your point about creating funnels, I think a lot of us will benefit from your insights on this.

I am always on this forum asking and learning I assure you. I am getting everybody's opinions and methods so then I can pave my own path using the "common sense" I have gathered from here because there are consistencies in a lot of you successful guys do...so there is a method to the madness.

Please do shed some light on the questions you'd really help me and other newbies out.

Here's a tip. You've been on the forum for almost a year. You probably have a pretty good idea of what areas of expertise a lot of people have or who seems to be the most knowledgeable. Go back and read every single one of their posts. Usually the reason people won't answer questions is one of the following

A. They've answered the question a million times. (Reading their posts solves this)

B. You're asking them to do the research for you / give you specific steps. (You can solve this by going through the wealth of information on this forum... Ex: want to know about starting an E-Commerce business? Open up a google doc...Read through every post by Biophase... create actionable steps out of this information...Want to know about supplements? Zen has literally laid out the entire business over the last couple years through posts... read them.)

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
This is the greatest thread ever. That is all.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I want to talk about money.

See, I have learned that money is just a TOOL.

Nothing, nothing less.

And, it's not even real. It's made up.

So, if you come from a scarcity mind set - and you believe that money is scarce, you'll behave that way. You won't be able to take risks. You probably won't ever become rich.

I'm going to look at a foreclosure tomorrow for a quick investment. Last year I would have thought, where will I get the money. I realized, that, today, I didn't even get a second thought, because I know I'll figure it out.

What would have stopped me a year ago will NOT stop me today.

Because I know money ain't that hard to get.

Whenever possible I like using other people's money to start a business, buy property, etc. Hint: It's possible almost all of the time. :)

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
@JasonR, thanks for opening up to us the musings in your head and posting them here.

You've come a long way since we met at B&P

Thanks for sharing

"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that"
Norman Vincent Peale

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Whenever possible I like using other people's money to start a business, buy property, etc. Hint: It's possible almost all of the time.

could you please tell us an real life example where you used other people money? How long it took, what you did (just generally, Im not asking for details :)) ?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
could you please tell us an real life example where you used other people money? How long it took, what you did (just generally, Im not asking for details ) ?

One quick example - using high limit credit cards to grow my business (Amex Plum, Gold, etc.). I've ran over 6 figures on that card, none of it is my money.

For the house deal, I know quite a few hard money lenders.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
@JasonR Do you think a Lead Magnet is necessary for your type of business(physical items), or would sending traffic directly to a LP with a Tripwire be the best bet?
Did Survival Life have a lead magnet before that Tripwire LP or no?

Thanks

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'd like to talk about product creation. @zen******* has mentioned this, and Ryan Deiss talks about it as well.

Most people find a product (or create a product), and then try to find a market for it.

What I've learned, is that t his is backward.

Find a market (a BIG market), figure out what they want or what they would buy, and then create a product around it. Again - you don't need to reinvent the wheel (look at the supplement industry).

I recently read an interview with Ryan Deiss. He said something interesting. He won't enter a market unless he can offer some sort of Continuity product in his funnel. He said it's awesome seeing that re-bill hit, and knowing how much money you'll make that month even if you do 0 marketing for the remainder of the month.

Something to think about.

I'm currently integrating continuity into my offer. :)

@MattCour No - I don't think Lead Magnets are necessary (I'm using a LP with Tripwire with no lead magnet and its working very, very well).

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Find a market (a BIG market), figure out what they want or what they would buy, and then create a product around it. Again - you don't need to reinvent the wheel (look at the supplement industry).

Makes alot of sense, seems so obvious. Thanks JasonR. Off to find examples/models to learn.

G

Grimaldo

I'd like to talk about product creation. @zen******* has mentioned this, and Ryan Deiss talks about it as well.

Most people find a product (or create a product), and then try to find a market for it.

I recently read an interview with Ryan Deiss. He said something interesting. He won't enter a market unless he can offer some sort of Continuity product in his funnel. He said it's awesome seeing that re-bill hit, and knowing how much money you'll make that month even if you do 0 marketing for the remainder of the month.

Something to think about.

I'm currently integrating continuity into my offer. :)

@MattCour No - I don't think Lead Magnets are necessary (I'm using a LP with Tripwire with no lead magnet and its working very, very well).
Thank YOU Jason for the post! It goes to my notes!

I am quite new into this forum and I don't know if you have shared your website before, but I am really curious and I would like to see it. Would you mind to share it?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA

money is just a TOOL.
Nothing, nothing less.
And, it's not even real. It's made up.

Many of the insights were ... Counter-Intuitive & Not-Obvious

The 'Money' or 'Currency' of today has no intrinsic value, it's Fiat Money (or Fiat Currency; the better term). It's a mind trick man, they fooled us! :eek:

A few years back I was super interested in the economy. Because of that I also found the 'gold and silver bug' section of the internet, hahaha. I learned a lot from those guys though.

Awesome thread, Jason! Thank you for sharing what you've learned :)

PS: I have TBB 2.0 and CA$HVERTISING now ;)

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Thank YOU Jason for the post! It goes to my notes!

I am quite new into this forum and I don't know if you have shared your website before, but I am really curious and I would like to see it. Would you mind to share it?
No, don't expect him to share it. Most people don't want to share their site for good reasons. The site isn't the important thing here anyway, so don't grasp onto it. He has posted plenty of very useful tips for you/anyone to go and apply. The site and product are almost irrelevant.

There are people all over making tons of money from tons of different products/services. Which means you don't need to see their sites. It means find a need, find people willing to pay for the solution, and offer it to them.

G

Grimaldo

No, don't expect him to share it. Most people don't want to share their site for good reasons. The site isn't the important thing here anyway, so don't grasp onto it. He has posted plenty of very useful tips for you/anyone to go and apply. The site and product are almost irrelevant.
There are people all over making tons of money from tons of different products/services. Which means you don't need to see their sites. It means find a need, find people willing to pay for the solution, and offer it to them.
I do not grasp I just asked and I don't discuss your points, I am truly grateful for his insights. I was curious like I guess more people here to see him, Zen, IceCreamKid websites or other successfull guys, they are our reference so it will be inspiring to us. Probably because you don't need to have an spectacular website to make the money that their are making. May be we see their type of websites and we don't realize they can't make such a great amount of money because they are focusing on solving a need. I don't know, that's why I ask. I also won't say that the website is almost irrelevant, but I am not an expert.

I understand if they don't want to share the website, they must have good reasons, but it's always our duty to ask what we want :).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.