The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

texus2

Get Rich or Die Tryin’
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 18, 2016
Germany
Read the book two weeks ago, i bought the kindle version.

I'm not a person who reads a lot - until The Millionaire Fastlane . Normally i need 3-4 weeks for a book. Wait for it....
I need 4 days!

I will definitely read it a second time, now i like to go forward with Cashvertising and some other books, that are mentioned in this forum :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

justinmp84

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 21, 2016
I've been through it twice! Listening to MJ's book sparked in me something that I had lost years ago when I caved to societies pleas to join them on the sidewalk. Now I'm back to believing what I've always known, that I was meant to live out my dreams. Thanks MJ, I needed this one!

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Just found this thread. Brilliant book. I read Think and Grow Rich about 6 months ago and it was a hard slog. Good fundamentals and some important lessons but no clear path. As a car guy, the Millionaire Fastlane spoke to me. I think I read the whole book in 3 days despite a heap of other mayhem in my life - I couldn't put it down. Thanks for sharing it with us MJ.

Torty Emmanuel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Feb 10, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria
Do you mean this one on MJ's YouTube channel?

There's another whiteboard animation of TMF by a youtuber named FightMediocrity. He says it's one of his favorite financial books but I'm not sure that he understands it. When he introduces the Slowlane he says, "This is the best strategy for most people." It's only a 6 minute video but he circles back at the end to repeat, "The best option for most people is probably still the Slowlane." Then in the comments he tells someone, "The most important thing to do in life is what you're passionate about." Sounds like "do what you love". Strike three.

Yeah. I've seen his whiteboard animations. I think he says 'The best option for most people is probably still the Slowlane' because most people are not properly set up for the FASTLANE kind of life in terms of the MINDSET and the HARD WORK required to bring REAL VALUE to the market. Passion is very good only when it is channeled towards SOLVING PROBLEMS OR MEETING NEEDS in a way that complies with the CENTS (or CENTS) command.

FightMediocrity creates animations to summarize great books and encourages others to read them. I don't think he intends to mislead people.

My advice is that people should read the TMF book so they don't misinterpret or miss the true essence of @MJ DeMarco's message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan Polley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Feb 26, 2016
Valencia, Spain
Finished the book yesterday, will be reading again some time in the future when I feel my motivation waning.

Perhaps the best thing about the book was all the "penny dropping" moments when I realised some very simple and obvious things, that despite being so obvious when pointed out had thus far eluded me.

Pretty much everything I read made me feel more confident about my own venture that will hopefully see me in the fastlane.

JgdHnds

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 2, 2016
South Carolina
Finished the book yesterday. Great job MJ! That was hands-down the best book on attaining wealth that I've ever read! Before reading it, I was trying to go faster in the slowlane, knowing that there had to be another way, but unable to see the fastlane right next to me. Reading it has given me greater insight as well as a sense of direction in my own fastlane. Thank you!

Chadi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 19, 2014
I've read the Kindle version at least 2.5 times and just got the physical book during the summit - big difference IMO. If you haven't gotten the physical book do it at some point as it will definitely read (and impact) better!

DjangoBot

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Jan 5, 2016
Bulgaria
I've read the book and I believe it's one of the most practical books on entrepreneurship out there. It showed me that it all starts with shifting your mindset and changing the paradigms you live in. The book brought me to this forum. Thank you @MJ DeMarco for your contribution to my personal growth and for opening my eyes.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
I recently finished the book. I can't thank MJ enough for breaking everything down in a simple to understand manner. Everything I thought about wealth was misguided until I finished your book, and I realized wealth is the process itself, true happiness comes from helping others and being a selfless, generous person.

Lieuwe Vreeswijk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2016
Netherlands
Finished the book not longer than a week ago, its been a real eye-opener. Currently making a mindmap of the book to make sure i'm digesting all the practical stuff available in the book.

Jay T

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Feb 29, 2016
California
Just finished reading the book earlier this week. Thanks for the inspiration MJ. Just what I needed. Look forward to learning even more via this forum.

Last edited:

Luke.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jan 13, 2016
Read it 2 months ago and now reading it again :) Unbelievable read and can't recommend it enough

Georgy

Stranger in Moscow
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 7, 2016
Canada
Just bought the book today from Chapters. Will be receiving it in about a week and am anxious to learn more. Life is always about learning and I just stumbled on this forum from a few keywords not knowing fully what this place is all about. After reading many posts about the Fastlane book I had to bite. Thanks everyone :).

DoughDave87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Read it around a year or 2 ago, but I just started to read it again, to give myself a refresher on the specifics. I need to hear some of the ideas again.

Rudynate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 3, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Yep. It took me a few days to read it through and I'm already reading it again. What a wake-up call!! I also appreciated how carefully edited the book is - no typos, very readable style - a real gem.

FelipeVilas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 2, 2016
Spain
Yeah. I've seen his whiteboard animations. I think he says 'The best option for most people is probably still the Slowlane' because most people are not properly set up for the FASTLANE kind of life in terms of the MINDSET and the HARD WORK required to bring REAL VALUE to the market. Passion is very good only when it is channeled towards SOLVING PROBLEMS OR MEETING NEEDS in a way that complies with the CENTS (or CENTS) command.

FightMediocrity creates animations to summarize great books and encourages others to read them. I don't think he intends to mislead people.

My advice is that people should read the TMF book so they don't misinterpret or miss the true essence of @MJ DeMarco's message.
Humm seeing what FightMediocrity is doing in his channel is giving me ideas... I read a lot and now that it helps me to be a better person. I believe I will start working in something like that channel but in portuguese! If people don't read, let's give them videobooks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Torty Emmanuel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Feb 10, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria
Humm seeing what FightMediocrity is doing in his channel is giving me ideas... I read a lot and now that it helps me to be a better person. I believe I will start working in something like that channel but in portuguese! If people don't read, let's give them videobooks!

That's a nice idea to execute. If you do it well you can encourage more people to start reading and learning again. :)

Karri

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 14, 2016
Finland
Have listened to the audiobook twice now. The first time I listened has been the greatest catalyst for big and lasting changes in my life today, and in the future. And I have listened/read hundreds of self-help/business books. Thanks MJ

CMA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 3, 2014
I have read the book every year since 2011 to keep the fastlane mentality top of mind. Absolute gem.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
Read it on a kindle years ago. Recently bought a physical copy with a certain john hancock. ;)

Thank you for writing the book MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.