The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kencan98

Fair Enough?
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 6, 2013
Long Island, NY
This is my first post and I'll be doing my intro after this but I wanted to write here first because this is quite simply the best book I have ever read. They'll never allow it but this should be required reading for everyone in their senior year of high school...maybe first year of college. I'm ordering copies for 2 family members who just graduated college. Amazing book!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Hell yeah, I have read TMF and it's one of the most eye opening books. and I have read many many other books on entrepreneurship, online business and similar topics. Have recommended it already to all my friends that I know might be interested and who at least have a fastlane desire, one of them being today!

Allen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 26, 2013
I read the TMFL earlier this year which led me here to register on the forum. As with any great book, I also drafted a 40-page summary document that I re-read every week as well as a quick one-page cheat sheet that I review every morning. It helps keep me focused and the principles presented top of mind.

Unlike the majority of forum members, I am older and have spent 20+ years in Corporate America marketing and selling technology services. When I was 21, the success models I followed involved wearing a navy blue suit and working for a large company. I underestimated the difficulty in changing my mindset because the Slowlane, even a six-figure income Slowlane, can be very seductive as it's an easier, well-paved road to take. Most of the hard thinking is done for you. Even at the executive level because your risks are more limited and more controlled and require a consensus to execute.

I am enjoying my change in direction.

echau4

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 6, 2013
I've just finished reading the book. A total eye-opening experience! Thanks for this awesome book MJ! I'm going to get the audio book soon too so I can listen to it often as a self reminder of the book's concepts!

Allen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 26, 2013
A second post since I've read it twice. :) I also drafted a 40-page pdf document of the key content that I review on a regular basis and that I have filed electronically for when I'm on the move. To further justify my OCD, I even drafted a 1-page Daily Fastlane Process that I keep in my planner/diary/Faslane journal.

arch2724

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 13, 2013
I just read the book and believe it's the best book of it's kind out there. It really made me rethink my business and I realize that I will have to do a course correction in order to become a fastlane millionaire. I currently own my own business doing merchant services (credit card processing) and providing short term loans for small business owners in the hospitality industry. I've been doing it now for about 3 years and I generate a steady low six figure income. The problem is that it's not scalable. I realize that I own a business that is masquerading as a job. If I'm not around, the business can fall apart in a matter of weeks. I believe that I may have hit my income ceiling and I'm nowhere where I want to be. This book really opened my eyes and made me do a good amount of soul searching. I'm now in the process of determining what type of fastlane business I should launch and I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I hope to learn more from other aspiring and seasoned fastlaners and look forward to trading information and insights.

zoomzoom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Apr 22, 2013
I did it - I finally finished TMF !

I have started and stopped reading it so many times over the course of almost a year it's embarrassing but I finally committed to reading it cover to cover over the past week no matter what - and did it!

Now i'm going to read it again and take notes :)

My biggest takeaway the first time though was the confirmation that my current business model wasn't going to get me where I wanted to go, which of course is the Fastlane. I'm breaking the Law of Effection with my local website/seo business, which I have known for awhile but unwilling (more like afraid) to make adjustments... until now. All week long while reading the book, I've been getting ideas about how to reinvent my business so that I could serve a broader scale of clients and I have to say that I am quite excited and nervous at the same time to make just a drastic change in my life. I know that my income will drop off but I'm expecting to see exponential growth over the next few months that should dwarf my old income in no time.

Thank you for sharing your insights with the world MJ, I'm excited to create a new chapter in my life based upon the blueprint that you have laid out here and in TMF !

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Read it. I am re-reading it and taking notes now.

Lots of great information. Jam packed with common sense.

Thanks MJ. I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur however lacked a sense of direction, thanks to family and friends.

help4desk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 17, 2013
I finally read the book on my Kindle, it took me about a week. Anyway, I was shocked at the clarity of the exposed ideas.
I think I'll use to set and fix my focus. No focus, no direction, no improvement leads to: one day I'll die without having ever seen my destination. Setting up my focus, with the invaluable help of this book, will help me greatly "to boldly go where no man has gone before" :) Thanks!

Stef_h

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 30, 2013
CA
I came across the title of the book last month because I've been hellbent on paying off my loans, learning finance, and early retirement. An early retirement blog HIGHLY recommended the book so I bought it!
I've read the book. Twice! and when I get time, i go back and look at different parts of it. I've also bought the physical book and gave it to my cousin and recommended it to some of my other friends.
It's so great having a book punch you in the face like that. Such valuable information at such a low cost!
Thank you MJ for deciding to write it and bring it into our lives!

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I've read the book, multiple times. I come back to it in the Kindle app often whenever I need inspiration to focus.

napilnat

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 11, 2013
Well I am also reading it and it is different from the other financial books that i read. It is straight and direct.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
This is my first post. I have just finished reading the book. I read a LOT of entrepreneurial and business books having started my first venture almost 18 months ago (about 2 years after deciding I needed to go down the entrepreneurial road) and this is up there with the very best books I have read, which led me to this forum. Thank you MJ for writing such a direct book, it has really made it clear to me to be much much bolder / ambitious with my goals

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
just got the Kindle version myself and plan on keeping this one on the top of my list. Great information and very easy to read and understand.

would love to hear your thoughts about specifics in the book that you think help you the most

esdornas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 21, 2013
Hi there,

Just finished the book, impressive read and for sure an eye opener. Have to think about the content and evaluate more in the future. Maybe get the hard copy cause I always like to take notes in the book but bought the Kindle version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
ICONS added, thank you for the feedbacks. :)

high

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 28, 2013
Read the book

Read the book.

What an amazing eye opener! MJ certainly doesn't hold back any punches; a thorough pounding to the Sidewalkers and Slowlaners.

stormjb1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 29, 2013
London, England
Hey MJ, can I get an icon too please. Loved the book, hands down the best business and motivation book I've ever read. I'm so glad i came across it at my young age.

Just noticed, Ive got one already.:icon_super:

ricktx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 27, 2013
Texas, USA
I have ready the book twice now and have started a business using ideas from this book. I have owned several businesses and hope this idea will push this one into the fast lane. Great book I recommend to all my friends and business acquaintances. I have even bough a extra copy and given it to one of my sons (the only one that seams interested in owning his own business).

MJ Thanks you. Nice job with the hard truth.

kershawm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 4, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have a business partner in my Slowlane business and have been trying to get him to read the book. He keeps procrastinating and I am having a hard time fully explaining the book in a way that is as motivating as reading the actual book. I am creating a related business online that is a Fastlane business but I need him to read the book or at least accept the mindset too so I can get his full buy-in and support in using our Slowlane business to fund the Fastlane business. Any suggestions?

benh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Aug 14, 2013
British Columbia
Just got done reading the book. Let me tell you MJ you have covered so many topics that I have struggled with, like competition and business polygamy. For so long I googled things like "how to profit from your passions" when really what I wanted was simple freedom to be able to spend enjoying my passions not profiting from them.

I also love how you call BS on things like working 4 hours a week that are such obvious crap. Your writing style appeals to me because you come off as a no nonsense tough love guy. I'm sure I'll start re-reading the book tomorrow and taking notes on it in iBooks. Thank you so much for giving me the confidence and the kick in the a$$ to believe and work on my internet business.

kruzer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 22, 2013
Chicago
I've read it and loved it. I've never had a sidewalker/slowlaner mentality, but regardless, the first half of TMF has ensured I never will.

Schooby

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 6, 2013
I just finished the book. I've read a few of the slowlane guru books in the past and on the surface they seemed good, but when you actually look at the maths behind what they're saying, as MJ shows, it just doesn't add up. I don't want to postpone my dreams for 35 years and hope that I'll be able to afford them at the end.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Hey MJ, just finished reading the book, I've got to say it is the most concrete, no BS book I've ever read on wealth, I'm not sure why you gave away so many secrets that "gurus" just don't talk about, but you've helped open my eyes to the path I've decided to take in life. Thanks again:)

Charles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 7, 2013
Thank you MJ, I downloaded your first 40 pages then having read them went straight to Amazon and bought the book. I have read the book and have to say its the best thing I have read for a long, long time. It was like having a good slap across the mush, a kick up the arse, a severe talking too then a good slap on the back all at the same time. I thought the part of the book relating to a poor life partner was very apt in my case..................All I know is that I will meet you and thank you in person in I guess in 5 years:thumbsup:

braziliangringo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 13, 2013
I read the Millionaire Fastlane . The biggest thing I got from reading the book was the mental shift where I've come to love the daily process of creating success, instead of looking at success as an event. Since reading it several months ago I've taken a more long term approach towards creating value and have stopped jumping around from idea to idea thinking I can make them work with minimal input.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.