The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've got a target but I don't have...

peter_go

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Sep 24, 2015
I'm following a facebook group:
Parents which children suffer for skin problem and allergy.

I know how I could help them: there's a MLM product which helped me with my skin problems and my friend dietitian. I'd like to connect parents with this product and my friend.

But it will be a MLM, so Slowlane by MJ Marco.

I could help them also with knowledge and education.

Some suggestions, ideas? How to extract it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
I'm following a facebook group:
Parents which children suffer for skin problem and allergy.

I know how I could help them: there's a MLM product which helped me with my skin problems and my friend dietitian. I'd like to connect parents with this product and my friend.

But it will be a MLM, so Slowlane by MJ Marco.

I could help them also with knowledge and education.

Some suggestions, ideas? How to extract it?

Are you saying that there is a Multi Level Marketing organization that you would like to join but you are hesitating because it's not Fastlane?

If so, I wouldn't discount it.
  • You found a need, a problem
  • You have experience with it
  • You have desire to help people with this issue
  • You want to give value

Those are all great ways to start. I think it's better to start with something than just to sit and do nothing because it doesn't meet every requirement for Fastlane.

Just my humble opinion though.

PatricianCat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 2, 2015
Nova Scotia
Look into solving the need better than the MLM.

It doesn't sound like they are currently solving it for this group of people.

Create value and do it better than they do. It is going to be hard work but I believe you are on to something.

Get out there and make a difference!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
The product should have to be over priced to feed the comp plan. There should be some opportunity to compete. I'd watch the MLM and let them do some of my market research. Maybe even join if it's not too expensive.

peter_go

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Sep 24, 2015
Are you saying that there is a Multi Level Marketing organization that you would like to join but you are hesitating because it's not Fastlane?
Yes.
And other important thing. First, I need to buy products for 500$ (package) in 2 months to have a level who can earn money with this MLM. It's a barrier for me...

Does the MLM org have exclusive access to the product? Could you find out the supplier and act as a broker?
Yes, I can buy cheaper products and sell them.
I could to it, but I need my friend experienced and with a big knowledge, a friend who recovered (and I'm not yet, but it's a progress).

Look into solving the need better than the MLM.

It doesn't sound like they are currently solving it for this group of people.

Create value and do it better than they do. It is going to be hard work but I believe you are on to something.

Get out there and make a difference!

Thank you for a good word and support. But what value if the key is their physical products which I use and recommand to treat this skin disorder??

IMPORTANT: I thought I could cooperate with my friend dietitian who sucess in this MLM and who's got a knowledge to treat this skin. And she recovered (and I'm not yer). I spoke to her but I don't know what to do. :)

But the problem of this parnet is huge 'cause they treat their children wrong
very often! Otherwise, adults have a same skin problem - but this group
is smaller.

peter_go

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Sep 24, 2015
F*ck the MLM and private label / import and sell that product yourself.
You made me laugh. :D But in this case, I don't make passive income...

The product should have to be over priced to feed the comp plan. There should be some opportunity to compete. I'd watch the MLM and let them do some of my market research. Maybe even join if it's not too expensive.
I'm really sorry but I don't understand your advice. Could you explain in other terms? :)

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Yes.
Yes, I can buy cheaper products and sell them.
I could to it, but I need my friend experienced and with a big knowledge, a friend who recovered (and I'm not yet, but it's a progress).

I'm having trouble parsing this statement. Why is this a problem?

PatricianCat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 2, 2015
Nova Scotia
Thank you for a good word and support. But what value if the key is their physical products which I use and recommand to treat this skin disorder??

IMPORTANT: I thought I could cooperate with my friend dietitian who sucess in this MLM and who's got a knowledge to treat this skin. And she recovered (and I'm not yer). I spoke to her but I don't know what to do. :)

But the problem of this parnet is huge 'cause they treat their children wrong
very often! Otherwise, adults have a same skin problem - but this group
is smaller.

The VALUE would be creating a business that sells a competing product that does one or more of the following:
1. Works better
2. Connects to consumers better
3. Is priced better
4. Is branded better
5. Provides great advice

etc.

You know more about this than I do but in short; the VALUE is coming from solving a group's problem in an exceptional way.

Who cares if they already have a product. Make a better one or provide better service.

You can:
1. Make a better product.
2. Sell their existing product and relinquish control.
3. Move on.

Just remember that if you sell their product you have no control.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
You made me laugh. :D But in this case, I don't make passive income...

You don't need to? If you can sell the (cheaper) product really well, people will hand over money which you can use to buy from the supplier.

peter_go

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Sep 24, 2015
I'm having trouble parsing this statement. Why is this a problem?
Because she's the proof that these products are effective and they treat sucessfuly in this skin problem. Is it clear? Maybe I think wrong.:yawn:

I've got other question:
Do you think this target satisfy a requirement of SCALE ?

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Because she's the proof that these products are effective and they treat sucessfuly in this skin problem. Is it clear? Maybe I think wrong.:yawn:

So, why not use her as a testimonial? You've identified a problem, you have a solution, and you have 2 case studies where it works, your friend and you. Honestly, at this point, what's stopping you from executing?

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I've got other question:
Do you think this target satisfy a requirement of SCALE ?

It can if you build this into a product site, where people can go to buy the product. First, though, you need to solve the problems of marketing and supply chain. Don't focus on scale until you have a process you can scale.

peter_go

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Sep 24, 2015
So, why not use her as a testimonial? You've identified a problem, you have a solution, and you have 2 case studies where it works, your friend and you. Honestly, at this point, what's stopping you from executing?
She. Because she agrees give her testimonial if I work in this MLM and if she's got a profits of this, it's logic I think.

And the more important thing is that she and me we are testimonials for adults and not for children with skin problem.

It can if you build this into a product site, where people can go to buy the product. First, though, you need to solve the problems of marketing and supply chain. Don't focus on scale until you have a process you can scale.
You mean and suggest me to build a product site (e-commerce)?

The VALUE would be creating a business that sells a competing product that does one or more of the following:
It's impossible because the product which I use is effectif for me and it's a PRODUCT and I don't have megabuck factory to make products. ;-)

the VALUE is coming from solving a group's problem in an exceptional way.
Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Maybe an education?

You can:
1. Make a better product.
2. Sell their existing product and relinquish control.
3. Move on.
3 - do you mean quit?

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
She. Because she agrees give her testimonial if I work in this MLM and if she's got a profits of this, it's logic I think.

And the more important thing is that she and me we are testimonials for adults and not for children with skin problem.

A testimonial is a testimonial.
Would she agree to give it if you can show her that you intend to sell the product without the MLM at a better price?

You mean and suggest me to build a product site (e-commerce)?

Yes.

It's impossible because the product which I use is effectif for me and it's a PRODUCT and I don't have megabuck factory to make products. ;-)

But you do know of a cheaper version of the product, right? You don't need to make anything, or even buy the the product, you just need to sell the cheaper one.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Maybe an education?

Well, look at what the MLM does, and see what you can do better.

PatricianCat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 2, 2015
Nova Scotia
3 - do you mean quit?
Nope, I mean move on to another idea. Never quit. Quitting is for...quitters.

I mean, I have never worked in a MLM and I don't care to do it. If the answer you are looking for is "join it, great idea," you may be in the wrong place.

Plus, just because the product is effective for you doesn't mean you can't create your own. If you don't want to invest the time or money into developing your own product you are left with two choices.

1) Join
2) Don't join

Best of luck!

peter_go

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Sep 24, 2015
But you do know of a cheaper version of the product, right? You don't need to make anything, or even buy the the product, you just need to sell the cheaper one.

I can buy products with 15% discount. :)
I don't undterstand your advice, could you explain in other terms? :)

Nope, I mean move on to another idea. Never quit. Quitting is for...quitters.

I mean quit an idea. :)

If the answer you are looking for is "join it, great idea," you may be in the wrong place.

No, no, no. I'm not looking for this answer. :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow Peter, you are all over the place.

I see a couple paths here:
1) Join the MLM, sell the product. You actually believe in the product so you may actually do well within the MLM. Maybe enough to meet the minimums??
2) Private label the product. Find its ingredients, or better yet, just find out who makes it and private label it. Put on Amazon FBA. Done.

You see off. Your first post talks about helping parents and their children. It's a noble cause.

But then it sounds like you would like to profit from this knowledge. That is fine.

But then you want it to be passive, or easy or not cost you money, etc... There has to be some sacrifice put in to help people. You need to decide what you REALLY want to do. Are you in this for the money, or to help people? Hint, one way leads to the other.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
How much are you willing to invest in this? Time and money? You may have an amazing business opportunity here.

My experience is in creating and formulating my own products and selling them.

I would take this product you use to a chemist that can reverse engineer the formulation. Then ask them how it could be improved. Keep in mind the scent and what smells kids might like.

Find a contract manufacturer to make a sample batch and test it. Hint: contract manufacturers usually have chemists on staff. If it works as well as the other product, I'd contact 5-10 people in that FB group and have them test the product... for free. If it works you have your testimonials from ecstatic parents. Better than a testimonial from your friend. Depending on how much you can get from a sample batch you could have some left over to sell to the remaining parents in at group that can't wait for it because of all the rave reviews.

Im not sure what this might cost so that's something for you to figure out. You mentioned the MLM cost $500. So we know you have access to that much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.