The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's so ugly

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I told my mother that I am going to quit college more or less , and pursue my goals, and get more time to build capital. It just does not matter to me anymore since I don't want a career. I don't care if I die trying, but I need to be a millionaire.. I only went to college to please her. I have the full support of my other immediate family which means a lot. I don’t ask my mother for anything nor does she contribute anything to me. She is just this dark energy force on my life and destroys my dreams.

She’s highly upset.. My grandma now wants me to go back on my word to please her because she doesn’t like what she is seeing (with her, not me, she was okay with my decision). My mother wants nothing to do with me for a while. She a very controlling person and always has been.

I am at the happiest point of my life so far. I just don’t know how to make her happy… if I’m not a working stiff, partying on Saturday nights (since it's so weird I stay home all the time... I tell her I don't go out..), and doing college like a normal person I am not good enough. She just disapproves of my life in general.

How would you deal with her? I am worried about her sanity to be honest.

I am kind of like at the point of just saying screw it… and do what I need to do EVEN if she cries.. I think I do too much for her since every action I do is based on her approval in the back of my mind which is horrible because I see my life/youth flying out the window, and it's just a tiresome game... but I feel evil, like I am hurting my mother.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PSDSH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 4, 2013
North Texas
As a father of adult sons myself, the first question I'd ask you is why is your goal to be a millionaire? Is it possible to get to your goal without being a millionaire? And then I'd say, why not go to school to learn about business and marketing, etc...?

In my mind I've never stopped being in school. I read and learn all the time, I mean all the time. I don't read anything fiction and I've read at least a dozen books this year already. Learning is good, real good! And if school can provide you with learning then school is a good thing!

My two cents. :)

infinitus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 22, 2012
Perth Western Australia
First of all I would hone in on your entreprenuerial profile, and create a Why dream goal/vision board of where you want to go this year, next year etc. When I was younger I felt totally confused about what path to take, and reading books like Millionaire Fastlane , Think and Grow Rich and Your Life Your Legacy helped me hone in on being a Creator. I cant state how good it is to know your wealth profile and build a wealth pipeline around your strengths and passions

I would make a 'safe space' in your house, where you can lock the door and build your business, and use think and grow rich style goals, combined with recorded self hypnosis tracks to develop your mindset

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
As a parents as your mother, she just want the best for you. If you don't like her rules and regulations, try to talk to her. Let her know what you really feel about her as a controlling mother. Tell her that she have to trust you. If you can't take it anymore, show her that you can achieve your dreams without her.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.