The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

INSTAGRAM Advertising VIRGIN?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
You won't be for long.

Do you want to know a secret?

Hmm, Haa, Should I, No, Yes...

Instagram is going to have advertising capabilities soon :jiggy:

If you are a marketer and this is good news for you, please give me SPEED because that's the right thing to do :thumbsup:

PS: Did you click the thread link because of the word "virgin"? Hahaha :tiphat:

I should be an INSIDERS, this is INSIDERS worthy knowledge that I wanted to post in the other marketing sub forum but I'm not one...yet.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Instagram+Advertising+Coming+Soon

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
You won't be for long.

Do you want to know a secret?

Hmm, Haa, Should I, No, Yes...

Instagram is going to have advertising capabilities soon :jiggy:

If you are a marketer and this is good news for you, please give me SPEED because that's the right thing to do :thumbsup:

PS: Did you click the thread link because of the word "virgin"? Hahaha :tiphat:

I should be an INSIDERS, this is INSIDERS worthy knowledge that I wanted to post in the other marketing sub forum but I'm not one...yet.

Cheers

You sound like some kid who watched a few Derek Halpern videos and thinks he owns the internet.
You'd probably get some speed if your dropped the marketers mask and talked to us like a real person.
We're all in the same boat here, it's not the WF.

The way you word things is also going to give you a lot of negative heat.

"I should be an INSIDERS" etc.
"Then spend the $30 and become one" is what everybody thought to that.

No need to play games. If you think that hopping on Instagram while it's young is a good idea just say so. I feel like you're practicing your copy on us and it makes me feel uneasy conversing with you.

Just an xray into the minds of your audience.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Honestly this was a quick test on a marketing tip I read and a genuine tip for other marketers.

But...it didn't work out the way I expected. I won't test those kind of things here anymore though, I sincerely apologize.

The reason I wrote that way was not because of Derek Halpern, although I do know who he is and started listening to his podcast again. I read "Influence" a while back and am re-reading it now for a refresh. I was putting 'because' and a little color emphasis into practice. I wanted to see if what I read in the book was true, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...the copy machine study where giving a reason after a request helped a lot with compliance but apparently it is really just the word...'because'.

I'm sure you also understand the importance of real word application and testing, but you're right this isn't the place for that.

I hope you understand Dennis and everyone else.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Honestly this was a quick test on a marketing tip I read and a genuine tip for other marketers.

But...it didn't work out the way I expected. I won't test those kind of things here anymore though, I sincerely apologize.

The reason I wrote that way was not because of Derek Halpern, although I do know who he is and started listening to his podcast again. I read "Influence" a while back and am re-reading it now for a refresh. I was putting 'because' and a little color emphasis into practice. I wanted to see if what I read in the book was true, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...the copy machine study where giving a reason after a request helped a lot with compliance but apparently it is really just the word...'because'.

I'm sure you also understand the importance of real word application and testing, but you're right this isn't the place for that.

Speed+
Not many people would have apologized.

Generally it's a pretty bad idea to attempt to market to marketers (any entrepreneur getting their bizoff the ground needs to be a marketer in one way or another).

I suggest you do what I did when I was wrapping my head around marketing: Start a blog in a non-marketing niche. I started a gaming blog that turned into a few K/month almost without effort. Marketers and business people are far less likely to fall for the tricks because we read the same books and follow the same people as you.

But entering an industry where this isn't common or known is a great idea to test the waters.
Good luck with everything.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA

:welldone:

When I was reading it, I kid you not, I thought to myself "this looks like a cheesy sales pitch from a really bad website." The value this threads going to create with the post, your response, and the following discussion about marketing tips is speed worthy haha.

Do you have a link to the source of the marketing tips? It'd be interesting to read. :)

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
@DennisDuty: Thank you brother :) Haha agreed! I noticed that sometimes I feel that the average consumer knows these things too so I feel like it wouldn't work on them. It will definitely not work as well when used on a marketer or businessperson.

BTW, more on words...something I noticed is that when someone I know used the word "brother" a lot when talking to me, it made me like him more and it built rapport. Liking is good stuff in business and life in general, so now I do it ;) Of course this is something you'd do when talking to another guy. I don't know if calling a girl 'sister' has the same effect though haha.

@dknise: Hahaha, awww man. Well I learned from it and I'll make improvements :) There hasn't been any other posts on it yet but I'd like to start a 'Marketing Tips' thread or if there is one already I'll bump it by posting a few tips.

I was re-reading a book called "Influence : The Psychology of Persuasion" and in the book it mentions a study that a Harvard professor did with copy machines. The study showed that when using the word 'because' aline, it helped A LOT with compliance. Apparently whatever was stated after 'because' was not as important as the word 'because' itself.

That book is one that I know a lot of marketers have read, it's a top priority read for marketers. I know some who incorporate all the principles into their funnels/presentations too...you can spot it out easily if you know them :) Kind of like Dennis mentioned, the funnels/ presentations/letters are not as effective because I am more conscious about them now...but they still work.

royalasg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 21, 2013
Bangladesh
Instagram doing a great Job, whatever thanks for letting us know. Yes I click for the word virgin, I was thinking that what is relation of Instagram ad and virgin ? :)

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I'm so glad what I was thinking had already been said...

Add-on: If your product/service/company has a great lifestyle brand or gorgeous products, then Instagram marketing isn't hard - and it doesn't require "paying" Instagram money. Content is king, and user-generated content like what you post is the lifeblood of Instagram, as it is most social media.

I'm not necessarily against paying for increased exposure, but there are plenty of things an entrepreneur can do now to increase his/her following without adding the expense of "sponsored" posts which might get ignored anyway.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Yes I click for the word virgin

Hahaha ;D Awesome, thank you for the feedback. ('twas a test, the entire beginning was a test)

Just seeing if that word in the header would help with CTR, and apparently it did :D

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
If your product/service/company has a great lifestyle brand or gorgeous products, then Instagram marketing isn't hard - and it doesn't require "paying" Instagram money.

Very true, I agree.

It seemed and still seems like a great opportunity for the 'little guy' to get into mobile advertising and with a focus on images (which is apparently #1 & copy being #2, for banner ads or anything like it).

Last night there were banner ads from Google AdChoices for the Google Moto X all over every page I visited (and I didn't even look into anything related to it or know about it). If I had seen that on my phone on IG it would have worked pretty well though. So paid advertising isn't ineffective at all, but I know what you are saying and I agree. What helped with me clicking that ad was that I know and like Google...and was planning on getting the new Google Nexus 5 haha.

Unknown start ups can come up with a cool ad (for IG) and probably get a lot of new attention but after that I'd say they'd have to do something to keep marketing to them (email opt-in) or have them coming back for more (like you said, great content). A great example of companies that provide services, and provide great content are the ones that Neil Patel is associated with. He delivers the information/educational goods, gets you to know/like/trust him then someday you become a customer so he can deliver his monetized goods haha :D

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
the copy machine study where giving a reason after a request helped a lot with compliance but apparently it is really just the word...'because'.

Here is the reason I came back to this thread. I saw a real world example of this being used by James Altucher and had to share it :D

Notice he used 'because' and gave a reason...even if the reason is pretty obvious, it'll most likely help with compliance.

La-la-la. Oh an ad

Hmmmm....

"Sign up to the FREE James Altucher INSIDERS's List"

My brain or anyone else': ....why?....

"Because there are more articles"

Hahaha, PERFECT example! From someone I've been following for a long time too.

Because_Example_Altucher.png

PS: ^ That Is An Image I Uploaded ^

An ad, but not one generated from
the forum...

I know it kind of blends in with the other ads here...
those damn ads huh?

You just HATE them,
don't you?

me too brother, me too...

BUT
if you are a Fastlane INSIDERS

Ads on the forum? ....
Forget about 'em! Ads-no-more baby!

Hang out with MJ and the other cool guys? Ohhhh yeah!

Get INSTANT access to the hidden esoteric secrets that ONLY
the Fastlane Secret Society INSIDERS have?

Yes, yes, yes!

Powerful Book Recommendations!

Wow you'll even get TMF for FREE!

Free_TMF.png

Lower noise, higher value!

...and much, much more!

Become A Fastlane INSIDERS Today!

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/insiders.php

V CLICK HERE NOW V

Fastlane_Insider.png

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/insiders.php

Did you click?

I had to do that lol. I wish there was background text coloring too

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
If you are a marketer and this is good news for you, please give me SPEED because that's the right thing to do

PS: Did you click the thread link because of the word "virgin"? Hahaha

Cheers

Are you kidding me!? You want us to rep you, then you link to me to a Let Me Google that For You page, and the results of the search was utterly worthless.

Thank you for wasting 5 minutes of my day.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
lol epic

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Are you kidding me!? You want us to rep you, then you link to me to a Let Me Google that For You page, and the results of search was utterly worthless.

Thank you for wasting 5 minutes of my day.

That issue has been resolved and settled. If you don't want to waste anymore time then forget about this thread, right now.

Still here?

If you read this, yes.

I'll explain:

I came back and posted a real world example that I saw this morning of what I was testing at the time (when I first posted this).

I was testing something I read in a psychology/marketing book.

I also ended up getting carried away with an advertisement for the Fastlane INSIDERS.

Don't finish the thread though!

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
This isn't a place to "test" your advertising theories. You need to do that in the real world. Every single one of us uses real money to test our theories in the real marketplace. You should do the same.

Each person here views their time as their most import asset. So don't waste ours. Add value, and we'll add value back. As soon as you wasted my time with your first post, I didn't read anything else you wrote. Why would I? My brain automatically labeled you as a time waster.

Please be a little wiser the next time you post, and we will all be a little better off.

Edit: TO add a little value to this post, Instagram "marketing" has really sucked for me. Take a look at your demographic. If they aren't on the platform you're targeting, stay away.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.