The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Import/Export

Dilshad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 16, 2013
Hi All,
So I spent sometime here thinking which business would best fit for me, and I am about to "dive in" without knowing much about import exporting. Since I love to take chances and risks (after all thats what business is all about) I had one question which keeps lurking in my mind:

Let's say my import/export does run very well all of a sudden, just "if" it does.....and I start to get just so many orders that it is over-whelming....how do I exactly handle these orders myself? Since I am planning on having a online business, me single owner handling everything. I mean there will be a website of commerce which handles all my online ordering, payment, etc those things are taken care of, but what about myself If I package and ship the products, how can I handle so many orders at same time for actually shipping and handling???? or do I need to hire some people....to do this stuff.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RalphQ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
440%
Feb 1, 2013
Miami, FL
Hi Dilshad!

I've had my fair share of experience in the export business. One great way of handling the fulfillment of the products is to use what is commonly known as a 3PL provider (3rd Party Logistics). They offer many kinds of services, but essentially offer warehousing, packing, shipping, etc. and all you have to do is setup a simple process with them.

Some ecommerce platforms such as Shopify.com [Not an affiliate link] even have 3PL providers that integrate seamlessly with their system. Here is just one example: Fulfillrite Order Fulfillment

Otherwise, just do a Google Search for "product fulfillment services" and you will find several other solutions.

Hope this helps :)

Dilshad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 16, 2013
Hi Dilshad!

I've had my fair share of experience in the export business. One great way of handling the fulfillment of the products is to use what is commonly known as a 3PL provider (3rd Party Logistics). They offer many kinds of services, but essentially offer warehousing, packing, shipping, etc. and all you have to do is setup a simple process with them.

Some ecommerce platforms such as Shopify.com [Not an affiliate link] even have 3PL providers that integrate seamlessly with their system. Here is just one example: Fulfillrite Order Fulfillment

Otherwise, just do a Google Search for "product fulfillment services" and you will find several other solutions.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Ralph :) thanks for the information. Right now I am using trial version of Bigcommerce and so far I love what they have. The issue right now with me though is I want decent expense as possible per month basis around 600-700, if everything could be taken care of, the product, merchant account, website setup, shipping & handling, and especially for marketing needs the business leads.....hopefully lets see what happens, all best wishes needed. :)

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Before you get to that point, you will have 1,000 tougher decisions you'll have to make. By then, you'll be able to figure it out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007