The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If Jay Z Wants a Picasso -GET JAY Z A FCKN PICASSO! [Selling Your Passion]

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Anyone ever see a car wreck in slo mo?

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
In all honesty... I just posted something I thought was cool & dudes turned on me because it had Jay Z in it and this whole thread turned into a flame war.

really, I doubt any of you are that successful and if you are then HOLY SHIT am I in for a ton of success because if you dudes can do it while being so ignorant and judgmental then I could probably do it with my eyes closed.

I got all these negative reps for being "disrespectful" but I've been pretty easy going about all the disrespect I've gotten, which tells me you all just like jerking each other off & it doesn't matter what I do or say because I'm not gonna do that no matter HOW accomplished any of you are. the whole reason I want to get into business is so I DON'T have to jerk somebody off because they think their better than me.

I just find it hard to believe dudes is really sitting on beaches enjoying all their money if they have the time or patience to sit around arguing with me about Jay Z & get butt hurt over "disrespect" from a 22 year old? something doesn't add up here, I want to see proof that any of you know anything about anything? because if this is what you all become successful to do, shit... there's a lot less competition than I thought
Just so you know. I wasn't "sarcastic" with this post, earlier:
Great thinking, there, by the way. :thumbsup:
I'm on your side, sort of. But I don't think Jay-Z has made his money the traditional way. I think that's why you get a lot of hate. That he has no real "business" experience. Just selling his music for years and years and being mentioned by the media.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Therebel, first thing to understand is that you are not rebelling against anything but own insecurity.

Read this, very carefully, and let it sink in.

6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person | Cracked.com

Then read the thread again, until some form of understanding comes through.

Gents, our collective time here is done.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Read this, very carefully, and let it sink in.
Why, don't you guys just say, what are supposed to be said. Instead of hushing and pointing fingers. I don't really get it.

And when someone questions other veteran members levels of success.
It becomes a big... no, a huge deal.

Why?

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
I just find it hard to believe dudes is really sitting on beaches enjoying all their money if they have the time or patience to sit around arguing with me about Jay Z & get butt hurt over "disrespect" from a 22 year old? something doesn't add up here

I've been making deals go down since I was 19 that's going on 5 years honing my craft

The only thing that doesn't add up here is your maths. :confused:

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
The only thing that doesn't add up here is your maths.

Yea, sounds like a troll

This sounds pretty cheesy btw

"so when I'm not in here, I'm selling myself, I set up job interviews when I don't even need to for practice, I've convinced strippers to come home with me... Have you ever seen me? I look like I'm F*cking 15, I've sold stuff that didn't even fit people, I've sold cars, I've been making deals go down since I was 19 that's going on 5 years honing my craft, if anyone is better than me at it here I'll gladly acquiesce to whatever they say is right, but till then.. I'm going to develop this craft until it makes me and whoever has access to me very rich.. "

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
who says their not valuable? people who want proof and evidence that your qualified to receive money?

you might want to look into politics, especially since your so much more knowledgeable on socioeconomic issues

I'm a Sales Person, My blog is about social influence, IM THE PICASSO OF THIS, you can't win... your just making me look good, stop it.

I'm not sure what point your trying to make with this post because it seems a little vague, but you didn't say anything I disagree with as far as I know? I feel like there's some sarcasm but I can't be sure, do you mind elaborating on what your getting at?

I'm gonna do it in person, in my writing, on the forum, even if everyone on here hates me, overcoming rejection is what I do so your only making the hulk angry.

Just like it brain washed you to believe in the drug dealing gang banging stereotypes your accusing me of supporting?

have you ever lived in an impoverished area? do you really know what your talking about?

lol you guys finished? are you finished yet? your finished.

*you're :010:

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
I think it's laughable that Jay Z is comparing himself to one of the greatest artists in history. A man that created works of art now worth hundreds of millions.

I wonder how Jay Z's work will go down in history? The new Picasso .... Pffff

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This thread is the a**hole of this forum.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
The problem here, is your language and attitude reflect your inexperience. Calling you 'young' has nothing to do with age.

A smart person understands that networking can make or break you. A smart person knows that every person you meet (online or offline) is a potential business partner. I think I've made a dozen or so deals privately from people I've met specifically from this forum. The smart person doesn't insult, start arguments, or talk a big game. So far, from your behavior towards others here, in my eyes, you've only proven that you don't care about making friends or learning from the best.

This forum isn't a playground where we arm wrestle, it's a watering hole where some of the most savvy business people come to meet. Yes, there are many millionaires on this forum. You've probably unknowingly mouthed-off to all of them.

I have immense respect for Jay-Z. I've worked on a music video for him, he's a very smart guy and articulates himself concisely and well in private. He's very laid back, and he DOES know business.

I think you'd get a lot more respect if you had come on here saying:
"Jay-Z is a marketing Genius. He positions himself in the market like no other MC out there. here are 10 lessons I learned from the way Jay-Z does business."

You'd be backing up your claims with some hard facts. Nobody would consider that worshiping a celeb. You'd get a ton of respect.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
doing what you love
Does your love provide value for anyone beside yourself? Who else can benefit from it?

No one gives a shit about your loves and desires. Sorry. Well not really.

I am the same age as you. I once had "hopes" of being a musician. I was good but I had nothing to differentiate me from other artists. I love guitar and drums but my love doesn't sell.
Like other rappers who spit the same shit as jay or wayne. None of them add value to the game. After awhile it starts to sound all the same.

If you're 22 and you don't own your own business, that is profitable, you don't know shit. In fact, any business profitable or not would be the start of realizing we don't know shit. Claim all you want, your limited 22 years of experience is nothing compared to people double our age.

You also have to remember that you really can't remember most of your first 3-5 years anyways.

Anyways. Your first post completely had a "sales pitch" to it. I'm shocked your not banned for advertising your website. Maybe they want to make an example.

therebel

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
I don't care how much money anyone on this forum makes, what they've accomplished or how high of a pedestal this forum puts them on.

I'm not a yes man, I will not censor myself & I'm not looking for a handout from anyone.

I still highly doubt anyone arguing with ME or that's mad about anything I've said has the focus or a thick enough skin to make millions of dollars & if they have I'd say it has more to do with them working on it longer than me than the type of character they have.. because I've read some really sensitive ignorant shit so far & I'm not at all impressed with the quality of engagement I'm getting from most of these guys... your supposed to be experts right? Your the guys who really do this right? Ehh, I'm not so sure...

I got my first training client today... organically, from the quality of my writing... thanks for all the input I didn't follow.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
This thread:

5ed0r9.gif

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
I'm not a yes man, I will not censor myself & I'm not looking for a handout from anyone.

Congrats. We all feel thankful to have someone as successful as you in our presence. Let me bow down to you and your awesomeness.
I will be your yes man.

Yes you're an idiot. 'Nuff said, I quit.

The quality of your writing? I've seen better in a ten year old. At least they space paragraphs appropriately.
First client?
What do you do?
Nevermind. If you act this way to them, when they say your quality of work is shit, it wont matter anyways.

I do hope you know you are burning bridges. People here genuinely want to help. You are now one of the least likely people to get helped. Come back when you realize you are as ignorant as a naked baby and apologize. Maybe then you can learn something, instead of knowing everything there is to know...

BTW, Jay was an innovator in hip-hop. However he would have sold less if he didn't beef with NAS. People feed off of drama, drama sells home boy.

therebel

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Yeah, the problem is you people don't want to help shit... you want to be in control, it makes you angry that I wont just give you control so you get all offended and say I don't know what I'm doing blah blah blah.

I have whats called a GENERALIZED intelligence, I'm right brain dominant, that means.. I can't space a paragraph for shit, but I know most of you better than you know yourselves because I see a more broad picture than most people.

someone who wants to help says: "that's a cool idea.. but"

someone who wants control gets defensive says: "jay z!??? jay z!!!?? HE'S NOT ANYONE IMPORTANT!!! you don't know what your talking about!!!!"

then says... "we're just trying to help you" because its how they rationalize that need for control..

but really you see me trying to be an authority and it pisses you off, but it also pisses you off when Jay Z wants to be an authority to & he's a half billionaire, so you can keep your "help"

i might not know shit about business administration but I'm pretty damn good at people and idea's & that's all i really need.

[video=youtube;V_lcweN8TEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_lcweN8TEg[/video]
[video=youtube;xBIVlM435Zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBIVlM435Zg[/video]

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
I have whats called a GENERALIZED intelligence, I'm right brain dominant, that means.. I can't space a paragraph for shit, but I know most of you better than you know yourselves because I see a more broad picture than most people.

Try not to justify your shortcomings. It's far better to just own that you have something you can improve at and work to get better at it, but everybody wants to be a special little snowflake.

Atleast, that's what drew me to entrepreneurship...the idea that sometimes you are going in reverse and you need to look in the mirror, slow down and correct course. It is just as much about self-development as it is about making money.

This thing is about communicating to people, so if people don't understand what the hell are you talking about, then it's always a good time to slow down and re-examine your intent.

Am I just talking? Or am I trying to be understood? If the goal is the latter, then naturally you'd become very receptive for all the methods of clear communication, properly formatting your text is one of those things.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
My cat has really bad gums. It's common in Mainecoons. It hurts him to eat, sometimes his mouth bleeds. It's horrible.
I purchased a kitty toothbrush and toothpaste at the vets request.
I hold the F*cker down every evening, and force brush his teeth.
Let me tell you: He HATES it.

He hides, he's scared, he struggles.
I don't do it because I want to control him.
Hell, I HATE doing it. It's difficult, a pain in the a$$, and it makes me feel sad to see him struggling.
I do it because it's what's best for him. I want him to live a long healthy life.

I for one, want you to succeed. It makes me happy to see smart people making smart decisions.
It PAINS me, to see other people making poor decisions because they don't know any better.

Nobody giving you advice LIKES doing it.
It's a pain in the a$$, it takes time, and we have important shit to be doing.
But it makes us happy to know we helped prevent a disaster.
That's why I'm still here, at least.

Even if none of this sinks in now, even if you do good for a year before you find your methods are unsustainable,
hopefully you'll remember this thread, come back here, see the way you acted, and learn a lesson.

I'm pretty damn good at people
Says you? Or says people?

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
I'm right brain dominant
That is quite BULLSHIT

I'm left-handed aka RIGHT BRAIN DOMINANT.

Quite making F*cking excuses

HE'S NOT ANYONE IMPORTANT!
He's not important...

Lets list the reasons why-
Did he get rich from business? No he is a celebrity. Got rich from rapping.

Does he have a business now? Yes but it is a business to sell music for others. Whilst it is a nice idea, I don't think you or I have the clout he does. You or I wont be able to sign the people he does.

Does he do RE? Only owns stakes in hotels or co-owns businesses with RE assets.

Is he a venture capitalist? Yes, for big name brands only.

Yes he did come up from the streets like a lot of people here but to be quite frank, you're jock riding.
If you want to try and make it as a rapper, go ahead. Be better than the other 100 million people who will rap for food.

britnidanielle

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Aug 24, 2013
Los Angeles
Jay-Z radiates too much egotism and arrogance for me to take him seriously, and by proxy that bias passes down onto you. Sorry.

He's a rapper. Radiating ego is what rappers do....on wax.

As a person, he's not especially egotistical & I think several people can & should be (and are) inspired by his story of being a self-made millionaire. Even BEFORE he got a record deal (post-drug dealing) he was calling his own shots w/ Dame. And selling Rocafella (uh...his fast lane product) has made it so that he NEVER has to work again if he doesn't want to. But he wants to, so....there's that.

therebel

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Lol look, if you guys don't want to hear it you don't have to read it...

nobody put a gun to your head and forced you..

your like girls who claim their done with a relationship but keep coming back lol..

If it makes everyone feel better I'll relinquish any claim to any expert status or anything like that & just say I'm a 22 year old kid who decided to write about doing what he likes.

I have absolutely, positively no significance to anyone and nobody should ever ever ever follow anything I say.............EVER

with that said, I'm still going to write about the way I see the world as best I can because ITS WHAT I LIKE TO DO & you people can go give all your money to somebody with some type of perceived significance who isin't half as passionate or innovative as me while I continue to build a community around what I love whether the fastlane forum supports that or not.

gooooooooood day sir.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
He's not important...

Lets list the reasons why-

Does he have a business now? Yes but it is a business to sell music for others. Whilst it is a nice idea, I don't think you or I have the clout he does. You or I wont be able to sign the people he does.

Does he do RE? Only owns stakes in hotels or co-owns businesses with RE assets.

Is he a venture capitalist? Yes, for big name brands only.

Yes he did come up from the streets like a lot of people here but to be quite frank, you're jock riding.
If you want to try and make it as a rapper, go ahead. Be better than the other 100 million people who will rap for food.

Did he get rich from business? Yes, he started Rocawear that he sold for $200 million. He is/was part owner of the New Jersey Nets. He started a record label. Do you think he would be as wealthy as he is now if he was just an artist who just sold albums and toured?

Does he do RE? I don't understand this question, do you expect him to do fix and flips? Owning hotels or businesses is not real estate?

Is he a venture capitalist? So if I don't invest my money into other up and coming businesses, I'm not an entrepreneur?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
What?

He created a product: Music
He didn't have a label so he created his own.
He setup distribution out of the trunk of his car

Now he owns or partially owns a variety of "real" businesses as if being able to sell your own music isn't one.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Did he get rich from business? Yes, he started Rocawear that he sold for $200 million.
Started way after he was famous. He didn't have to struggle to get it off the ground and was a co-owner, not a sole owner.

He is owner of the Brooklyn Nets.
Didn't happen till after he was famous. You or I wouldn't be able to get that deal without twice as much money as he put in probably.

Does he do RE? I don't understand this question, do you expect him to do fix and flips?
He only has shares of real estate, doesn't own the building at all.

He created a product: Music
He didn't have a label so he created his own.
He setup distribution out of the trunk of his car
It's not the business we look for. We look for businesses that can free up our time. The music industry,especially the hip-hop/rap industry, is purely based on luck and talent.
You also get paid last by the record company. While it's still may be in the millions you only make about 5-10c a song, doesn't follow the CENTS principles very well since the market lacks control and entry. Anyone with flow can try to get into the game and the label can pull your album at any time.

Like I said, if he wants to try to make it rapping go ahead. Be different than the other people out there with better connections.

So if I don't invest my money into other up and coming businesses, I'm not an entrepreneur?
To each their own, I however, believe in passing it on like many other entrepreneurs.

I'm just stating that this is not the guy to idolize as an entrepreneur because his wealth would be non-existent if he hadn't been picked up by Def Jam.

As for the drug dealing comment in the other thread - drug dealing isn't a fast-lane business either. Lacks CENTS principles unless you are the leader of a large gang. Don't get me wrong DD has N and S but the other principles are just not there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.