The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I bought a Lamborghini

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
I agree completely! Cars can be a great investment, but I would never count on it. What kind of real estate?

I bought a couple of rental properties when I was 21. That was in 1998. Then, the market started taking off like crazy and I was just doing flips, assigning contracts. I flipped close to 500 properties. It was crazy. I ended up getting in trouble cause the lawyers that did my closings were doing some double HuD thing that I had no idea what it even meant at the time. I made a few million dollars before I was 30 and lost it all. Went to Federal prison for 18 months. Now I'm building back my empire. I wrote a book about it. Its a crazy story. I want to learn how to publish and promote the book. That's why I'm on here.

Investfourmore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2013
Greeley CO
I bought a couple of rental properties when I was 21. That was in 1998. Then, the market started taking off like crazy and I was just doing flips, assigning contracts. I flipped close to 500 properties. It was crazy. I ended up getting in trouble cause the lawyers that did my closings were doing some double HuD thing that I had no idea what it even meant at the time. I made a few million dollars before I was 30 and lost it all. Went to Federal prison for 18 months. Now I'm building back my empire. I wrote a book about it. Its a crazy story. I want to learn how to publish and promote the book. That's why I'm on here.
Wow, that is quite a story! If you ever want to write a guest blog on my site about this let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Investfourmore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2013
Greeley CO
I thought I would update this thread on the most BS move I have seen in a while. The previous owner of the Lambo contacted me because he found some parts for it in his garage and wanted to know if I wanted them before he sold them on ebay. I was very appreciative and said of course.

He then proceeds to try to sell me the car cover, tool kit, owners manual, belts and fuses, and floor mats made for this car for $3,000! I had bought the car from a dealer and this guy had sold the car to that dealer without any of those items claiming he lost them. The dealer told me he actually sold the car to this guy as well five years ago with all those items. After posting on Lambo forums those items may be worth $3,000 full retail and he is basically trying to screw me because he knows I would want them to make the car complete. The car cover and floor mats are custom to this car because it is an Alpine edition model. The dealer and I both told him what he could do as far as we were concerned and it did not involve buying any of the parts.

I went from being completely stoked to seriously pissed.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Let the dealer know. The world of exotics is a small world on a local basis.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Before you told him to shove it, I hope you checked to make sure that the value loss of not having those mats didn't exceed the value of buying them back from the douche. Sometimes, not having all the bits to the car results in a huge value loss, i.e., way more at resale than the $3k ask, and whatever your feelings about this douchebag, throwing away $7K or $10k to get out of paying $3K is stupid.

These cars are not like what you probably drove around in when you were young. There will always be a re-sale. It will never depreciate to zero with normal use. Therefore, you always want to maximize the value of the car to the next guy, which for a supercar usually means that if it isn't bone stock you should have all the parts to put it back that way.

I would talk to your dealer and see if they can get the guy to part with the equipment for less, then resell it to you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Flip side is this :

The cost he sold it back to the dealer for did not include these accessories, and

the cost you paid for it did not include these accessories.

Investfourmore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2013
Greeley CO
I did tell the dealer. He was furious at the guy.
The parts do not add much value to the car. They are not essential to selling it and that is most likely why he kept them. He knew he could sell them for more money separate from the car. If I really wanted to I could buy them off Ebay when he lists them for less than he was trying to sell them to me for.

It is true the car is worth slightly less without those items and the guy sold it for slightly less without them as well. However he either sold the car without those items because he was too lazy to look in the garage for them or purposefully to then try to sell them on Ebay for more or to the next owner for even more than they are actually worth.

Just about everyone on the Lambo forum thought he was a grade a D-bag and those items belong with the car.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
A guy going through all that trouble and time to make a couple grand like that probably was living way above his means to own that lambo in the first place.

I'd buy them from him and then proceed to tell his a$$ that exact bolded statement I just said. All that time, effort, and energy he spent to do that, a true fastlaner would of made triple+ that amount. Hell, I don't even have enough time to sell off extra shit I could sell for a couple hundred on Craigslist because it takes too long, the time to post, the time to take pics, the time to answer questions, call and meet, etc.. it's just not worth the opportunity cost of time while my business is in growth mode.

Kingsta

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 6, 2014
Congrats!!!! I just sold my Gallardo for an Aventador Roadster (on order, should be here May '15) got the R8 to cover me till then!

You should come hang out on Lamborghini Talk as well...bunch of lambo owners on that site :) Enjoy the new car!

Investfourmore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2013
Greeley CO
Congrats!!!! I just sold my Gallardo for an Aventador Roadster (on order, should be here May '15) got the R8 to cover me till then!

You should come hang out on Lamborghini Talk as well...bunch of lambo owners on that site :) Enjoy the new car!
I am on Lambo talk a little bit. here is the thread on this topic. http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...d-me-about-selling-me-items-my-diablo-103417/

That is awesome you are getting an Aventador. That is my favorite new car available; except for maybe the McLaren. The R8s are pretty sweet as well.

Kingsta

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 6, 2014
I am on Lambo talk a little bit. here is the thread on this topic. http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...d-me-about-selling-me-items-my-diablo-103417/

That is awesome you are getting an Aventador. That is my favorite new car available; except for maybe the McLaren. The R8s are pretty sweet as well.

Oh didn't realise that was you! That sucks...that guy is a total d**k! Which McLaren? I like the 650s and i'm hoping I can get the P1 one day!..assuming by then they dont release something even more awesome!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just sold my Gallardo for an Aventador Roadster (on order, should be here May '15) got the R8 to cover me till then!

Not shit huh, can anyone just go to the Lambo website and put one on order? Or do you have to be on some special past buyer's list?

Kingsta

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 6, 2014
Not shit huh, can anyone just go to the Lambo website and put one on order? Or do you have to be on some special past buyer's list?

You should contact your local Lambo dealer (I live in the UK otherwise i'd suggest someone), thats what we did when we got the Gallardo and ordered the Aventador. If you do it that way (assuming you're buying brand new) you'll get invited to all the Lamborghini events if you're into those things. We got to see the Huracan before it was publically announced/released and then invited to Imola racetrack to test it out and the Aventador's

DustinCA14

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 28, 2014
@Investfourmore

SO funny I came across this thread. The other day i was researching Hard Money Loans & your site popped up first. I was amazed by your site and what you have accomplished! Congrats on your business & the new purchase!

Last edited:

Investfourmore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2013
Greeley CO
@Investfourmore

SO funny I came across this thread. The other day i was researching Hard Money Loans & your site popped up first. I was amazed by your site and what you have accomplished! Congrats on your business & the new purchase!
Nice! Glad to hear my site was number one. I am working with a hard money lender to create some advertising spots on my site. If you want their info let me know. They are the best I have found, but are only in 26 states and they are not one of the lenders I listed. mark@investfourmore.com

Investfourmore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2013
Greeley CO
Oh didn't realise that was you! That sucks...that guy is a total d**k! Which McLaren? I like the 650s and i'm hoping I can get the P1 one day!..assuming by then they dont release something even more awesome!
Either the 650s or P1. I need to drive one, they have one I can rent in Denver.

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Congrats Mark! Beautiful car, sorry to hear about the hassles. It's funny I've been reading your blog a bit for a few months now(actually bookmarked it so I can refer back to it) and I'd seen your post about the Lambo over there first. Had no idea you were a member here and as soon as I opened this thread I saw your name and knew who it was.

Investfourmore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2013
Greeley CO
Congrats Mark! Beautiful car, sorry to hear about the hassles. It's funny I've been reading your blog a bit for a few months now(actually bookmarked it so I can refer back to it) and I'd seen your post about the Lambo over there first. Had no idea you were a member here and as soon as I opened this thread I saw your name and knew who it was.
Than you! I don't post very much over here, although I should. I love the attitude over here!

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
The cost he sold it back to the dealer for did not include these accessories, and

the cost you paid for it did not include these accessories.

When I'm selling a car, I always separate the vehicle from any extra items that are related to it but not part of the package from the factory. Now, the floor mats was going WAY too far, but I recently sold a car and didn't include the aftermarket car cover or second set of wheels with it even though they were sold to me with the car. Why?

Because from previous sales, I know that these items add basically nothing to the price of the car. They get scooped up as "throw ins" and disregarded when placed beside value factors like mileage, documentation of repairs, and condition.

So what did I get for those wheels and that cover?

Wheels: $3,000 cash.

Cover: $220 cash.

$3,220 additional cash... and I got exactly the same amount for the car as I would have if I'd given them away with it.

So keeping your mats was a dick move, but definitely, whenever you buy or sell, don't give away more stuff with the car than you have to.

Investfourmore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2013
Greeley CO
When I'm selling a car, I always separate the vehicle from any extra items that are related to it but not part of the package from the factory. Now, the floor mats was going WAY too far, but I recently sold a car and didn't include the aftermarket car cover or second set of wheels with it even though they were sold to me with the car. Why?

Because from previous sales, I know that these items add basically nothing to the price of the car. They get scooped up as "throw ins" and disregarded when placed beside value factors like mileage, documentation of repairs, and condition.

So what did I get for those wheels and that cover?

Wheels: $3,000 cash.

Cover: $220 cash.

$3,220 additional cash... and I got exactly the same amount for the car as I would have if I'd given them away with it.

So keeping your mats was a dick move, but definitely, whenever you buy or sell, don't give away more stuff with the car than you have to.
Yes, but what kind of car was it and did those items come with the car from the factory? The items the guy is trying to sell back to me on the Lambo came with it from the factory. If he were selling wheels he bought after market I have no problem with that.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Yes, but what kind of car was it and did those items come with the car from the factory? The items the guy is trying to sell back to me on the Lambo came with it from the factory. If he were selling wheels he bought after market I have no problem with that.

No, they were not factory items. I'm just saying that this is a common and very viable strategy to make extra money, this guy just took it to a scumbag level by actually selling stuff that belonged with the car from stock, something I'd never do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.