The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from St-Hyacinthe (South of Montreal, Canada)

altabob

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 6, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm Eric.

My wife and I were typical Slowlaner. Save cash, bought some stuff, go out to forget our 5 to 2, etc.

Winter 2010, I was really depressed, was having major Sunday Blues, Saturday was the only day of the week I enjoyed. I've got a house, my wife is pregnant. That's all I ever wanted ! What's wrong with me ?

So we made a move, we try to start our own company (cosmetics), on the sideline.

We did this company because it was something I know and something my wife enjoy, I guess you can see how it ended...

We took over 1 year before we finally launch our product/web site (online sale only)...without talking to a future customer.

We market our product, no sales, change our web site, market it, no sales, change some stuff, market it, no sales... The whole process took us until November 2013...damn....3 years...

Now where here, spring 2013, still stuck in our 5 to 2, in our boring job. But know we know..we know this lane is not for us.

Thanks to MJ and his book and this forum, we believe more than ever than IT IS doable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser8117

Salut Eric. Welcome to the forum. I'm from Quebec city and 21 years old. Reading the millionaire fastlane is probably one of the best thing that could have happen to me. The slowlane is definitely a soul sucking plan. Self employment is the way to go.

altabob

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 6, 2013
Salut Omerta, nice to see others from the Belle Province here. Same for me, reading this book open my mind that it is possible to go fastlane.

Phenom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 7, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Bonjour Eric et Omerta! Good to see some people from la Belle Province!

Eric, you're been doing it for 3 years and no sales - man I respect your persistence! You're in a very competitive space. Perhaps the market is talking to you...

What is your UPS - what makes your product different from the rest? How is your price compared to the others? Do you do a lot of online marketing to promote your website? I have a friend who's in cosmetics and her UPS is that her product is mineral-based (more skin friendly) and that's her pitch.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

altabob

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 6, 2013
Our USP was, selling unique skin care for your unique skin, we made custom skin care. Very bad marketing, aiming for everyone for every need is not a good plan. We didnt talk to consumer or validate before spending cash and time in a website/system.

Mind you, it was not 3 year full time, and I dont see it as persistence but more as stupid that I didnt failled faster.

But I did learn a lot and cosmetics is not out of the equation yet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...