The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Smalls91

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 1, 2009
Hi guys, I'm 17 (soon to be 18) and I live in southwestern PA. I obviously don't have much money to start anything with, but I am excited to try to build a business from nothing. In my spare time I enjoy bodybuilding, which is how I earned the name Smalls. I'm ecstatic I came across this forum, I think I will find a lot of help and useful information here. Let's make some money!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the board!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
welcome to the fastlane Smalls. :fastlane:

Smalls91

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 1, 2009
Alright guys thanks for the warm welcome. Can somebody just ask me a few questions so I can get my post count up enough to start some threads in other sections?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Be glad to. How did you find us and what made you stick around?...More to come, depending on answers.:cheers:

Smalls91

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 1, 2009
Actually I just kind of stumbled across this forum though a google search and I liked what I saw. I'm sticking around because I have several ideas for online businesses and I need a little more information before I can get any of them started.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Cool. What do you hope that your online businesses provide you with? What are your ultimate goals?

Smalls91

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 1, 2009
I hope that my businesses will give me money and something more productive to do with my time, as well as serving as a stepping stone to bigger ventures. My ultimate goal is to make enough from these businesses to move up to things like real estate or maybe even stocks.

Smalls91

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 1, 2009
I hope that the real estate and stocks will provide me with a great place to live, money to help out my family, and maybe even enough money to get into manufacturing.

Smalls91

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 1, 2009
I would most likely buy or open a distillery or brewery because the products have a very large market and there actually used to be a large brewery in my area until a few years ago.
Thanks for the help Runum! :thankyousign:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
You're welcome. What happened to the brewery? Why did it close? How long ago did it close?

Smalls91

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 1, 2009
Well, it brewed Rolling Rock beer, if you've ever heard of that brand. It was bought by another company and they decided to brew it in New Jersey I believe. I can't remember exactly how long ago this happened but it was only 3-4 years back. Sometime around there.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Do you know anything about running a distillery or brewery?

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
:Welcome:

Read up and enjoy!

I know from experience that the wealth of knowledge here can be overwhelming, especially as you mentioned it seems like a good path is to start in e-commerce and build up to real estate and/or stocks. The thought process being that starting an e-commerce page can be done from a simple template and finding dropshippers(as you posted in the other thread) is not that difficult either. Then once you have the money to invest real estate is a more secure investment and after becoming successful in that you can let your money work for you in the form of stocks and finally do what you really want to do- start your own brewery.

If that's the path you choose to take, just be sure to focus in on one thing at a time and put that much more effort into that first e-commerce site so that when it comes time to become an REI you'll have the work ethic to set yourself above the rest and at the same time don't get distracted by everything else. Take it from me, that first step is difficult b/c there are so many paths to success and there's an expert on practically every step you'd want to take on these forums, from REI to eCommerce to investing and beyond and they're all very enticing :smxB:

Also realize that there are younger guys such as hatterasguy, ryanpal and CBVentures12 who made the leap and started in REI, which goes to show that you don't have to be a millionaire to get started, you just have to find that niche within the market and find the value you can bring without having the experience or capital that some of the more experienced REI's on here had prior to investing.

Smalls91

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 1, 2009
Runum- Just a tiny bit, but thats all a long way off so I have time to learn.

vr4playa- How young were those guys working in REI?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
It's all cool Smalls.

I think Hat started in his teens but he has an uncle in the business. I don't know about the rest.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...